4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

compaq

Sep 14, 2017
I mean I get it - visuals are great and have been elite from the get go in a certain appealing way not many other devs pursue. That said, outside of the visuals, a lot of the times the writing seemed bland and just not pushing towards places or outcomes in a manner that made the content feel like it's progressing or building up character pairings towards fruition.

This update, not only the story took a huge stretch into places so uncharacteristic towards how characters would react or process the story narratives, but the overall execution of the mandatory choice a player has to make + the completely and utterly half assed two scenes the players get after two and a half years of progression is some pretty funny business. If the slow burn was to lead to these two scenes to start the overall show, then what a half-assed and anticlimactic way to introduce a segment of what the players actually want to see in your average, even if slow burn, material.

All & all, I get the appeal but the delivery just isn't for me.

deadh30775n

Mar 19, 2021
That kaylah scene must have been the worst sex scene i have encountered in any game. Couldn't see any shit happening and was over in a jiffy. I was over the moon when I heard we will be fucking that gorgeous little thing in this update and now I wish I dont. I now think I would be more than happy having some casual conversation with Charlotte then seeing that abomination. Couldn't even get a chance for my dick to get up and trust me he gets up fast on about anything, even seeing things he hates and sometimes without seeing and thinking sexy things. That's how much tasteless it was.

Jhazen23

Oct 28, 2019
With the Patreon format i also think there's an incentive to keep the story progress extra slow, concluding a game and moving to a new project is a risk, some devs even seen to think giving what the players want will too early affect the bottom line down the road.
All this contributes to a fall into mediocrity.
This hits the nail on the head if you ask me.

Reactions: LSC82

compaq

Sep 14, 2017
That kaylah scene must have been the worst sex scene i have encountered in any game. Couldn't see any shit happening and was over in a jiffy. I was over the moon when I heard we will be fucking that gorgeous little thing in this update and now I wish I dont. I now think I would be more than happy having some casual conversation with Charlotte then seeing that abomination. Couldn't even get a chance for my dick to get up and trust me he gets up fast on about anything, even seeing things he hates and sometimes without seeing and thinking sexy things. That's how much tasteless it was.
Two & a half years into the project, the major devs out there serve actual Michelin star food with multiple angles, animations or just an imaginative approach to the scenes - the Kaylah scene isn't even hospital food in comparison.

The other scene, while somewhat better, was just as bland, short and unimaginative.

Hopefully going ahead this thing doesn't actually become the style to each and every scene to come forward.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Thoughts on the update:

It was chunky for sure, but I have to say I'm a bit........ disappointed?
The update didn't progress the storyline for most part. Despite it being long, a lot of it's spent doing the same old dance that we've seen till now;

- Charlotte being upset/almost not trusting MC again (this is like, how many times now? 10th? 12th?) after what MC saved Emma and kept her safe by killing Detective Carter
- Emma being Emma. Despite it being said by DB that she'll start to act more mature, she still has the mentality of a baby lol
- Suzi is once again angry with MC (surprise, surprise)

Majority of the update is spent retreading that same ground we've seen before.
Plus, most of the update Charlie spends nowhere near enough time spending one on one time with MC (so much of her time, she either spends it by herself, with Emma alone, or Emma & MC).

Whether it's the update itself, or each character's progression, I felt like it was going around in circles, being stagnant.

Considering DB saying this update will be the last long update and remaining updates will be shorter ones, which couple after will finish the game, it was disappointing, cause progression I think should should have been made, for both main story and each character overall.

AlxTR

Modder
Jul 10, 2021
Hi everyone ,
Thread Updated: 1.11.2022
Developer: DarkBlue -
Modded: AlxTr
Mode Ver: Turkish Translated
OS
: Windows, Linux
Language: Turkish
F95zone Subject : Turkish Translated