4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017
Dear DB, take it easy, no one would have died here if you take a month or two off. In the long run slow updates but a healthy dev is better than fast updates and dev burns out and throws the project...Take it slowly please, Suzi's future anal ravishing cannot be jeopardized...:cool:

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Dear DB, take it easy, no one would have died here if you take a month or two off. In the long run slow updates but a healthy dev is better than fast updates and dev burns out and throws the project...Take it slowly please, Suzi's future anal ravishing cannot be jeopardized...:cool:
"Now Lucy I know that you were honest with me since day one about how you felt for me. Charli, I know that things were rough at first because of your past and how much you have risked opening up to me. Emma, you will always be like the daughter I never had or fucked. Kayla, you are incredibly beautiful and anybody would lucky to have you. I appreciate you all, but sorry to say Suzi offered me anal so you can all just go fuck yourself!"

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
Caption--3rd image of Charlotte: "Yes, MC it was a last minute change to my need-dick list. Those two young, fit, 19 year old gangsta men will be here in a few minutes. When they arrive, quietly lead them up to my room. If Emma asks about the noise in the morning, just tell her it was my Bible studies."

• Haha
Reactions: keefer43

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Been away a while (RL issues) so haven't been playing/reading most of the VNs I follow. That said i have a few reactions to the update and the various comments about it.
1: DB - man if you need a break for God's sake take it! I love this story and want you to take as much time as you need to finish it as you choose. Thank you for sharing your creativity with all of us.

2: Charlotte is not a child. She is not naive about her industry or the evil criminal environment that is Hillside. She's experienced it first hand, been assaulted, and lost at least one friend to its corrupt practices. So no matter how upset/traumatized she is from watching the MC protect her daughter and the fall out, there is simply no way it makes ANY sense for her to wonder if she can trust him and tell him to stay away. 100% beyond the suspension of disbelief. Not to mention that the only person who actually knows that the MC decided to kill Carter is the MC. In that hand to hand combat it was over in less than a minute at most 90 seconds. Bare handed against a knife? Shit happens very very quickly. She didn't see him intentionally kill Carter, she saw him fighting for his life, her life, and her daughter's life and Carter lost. A choke hold that in the moment was "a little to strong".

Now that said one of the interesting themes is that DESPITE this notion that she fears the MC, thinks she can't trust him, thinks he shouldn't be around her or her daughter, she absolutely brings the BIGGEST POSSIBLE HAMMER to defend him from the police. She refuses to let them "move" him. She tells them that she can flood them with press on a moments notice and that they will not move him unless SHE KNOWS exactly where and when he'll be moved. All the while having an internal debate as to why she's doing this. Asking herself why is she risking so much to protect him.

There is of course only one answer, that despite the false internal monolog that we have to suffer through, she actually knows that the MC put his life on the line to protect her and her daughter, and is grateful, and has a strong attraction and feelings for the MC. After all she protects him EXACTLY as if he was a beloved member of her family.

At the end of the previous update I made the bet that Charlotte wouldn't abandon the man who saved her and Emily. I didn't expect to much emotion angst, but in the end she came through.

3: Zak being dead by the same knife that Carter used to attack Emily and the MC and finding David(?) in the trunk of Carter's vehicle means that NONE absolutely NONE of the improper conduct at the police station would have occurred. No cop is going to grab a lawyer by the throat in front of multiple witnesses. Period. Because they won't be a cop 60 seconds later. Corrupt or not they're not going to defend another cop who is at a minimum a kidnapper and murderer, before his encounter with Emily. For which any good prosecutor could add another kidnapping charge along with two of attempted murder and various assault charges. The arrival of the lawyer would be enough to shut all that down, even without knowing that the FBI had been on the scene and was en route. The combination of Charlotte, her lawyer, and the knowledge that the FBI was coming to take over would have shut all that BS down. Regardless of Harry's influence.

-----------------
All of this is why the "flow" bothers so many of us. But I offer the following observation. The ultimate outcome of all of this, with one exception, is exactly what most of us expected. The MC is in the clear. He won't face murder charges. Carter's killing will be ruled self defense and the police will attempt to deflect as much of Carter's conduct as possible.

The exception is that we spent an entire update watching Charlotte completely toss away all the trust, admiration, and attachment to the MC (at least in her "rational' mind) until the very end where she finally decides that Carter dying is a far better alternative to her, Emily, and the MC's death. (Shocking I know) and then maybe moving the tiniest bit beyond where she was in her feelings for the MC before the "event". Very frustrating for those of us not on the Lucy path.

Okay then. So be it. This update advanced the Lucy path. Other paths will likely move forward. Certainly the MC becoming Charlotte's bodyguard is potentially a big change. We'll just have to wait to see.

------------
Maybe the last two updates were a bit heavy handed, but DB got us to a new place, and moved at least two existing plot lines forward (probably 3 considering Emily, and maybe even 4 if big sis wakes up), and maybe added another with the addition of our sexy FBI agent.

Writing and balancing competing plot lines is damn difficult. So - thank you DB. Regardless of any commentary above, I truly love your story and deeply and fully respect your work ethic, talent, and dedication to bring this story to us. It is my sincerest hope that once you "recharge" you'll finish this VN that I have come to love so very much.

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
I must admit that I am surprised. I thought he would have at least (well deserved) a month off, and suddenly he is already started working on the next update :unsure:
Actually, he had said he was going to take a break on Patreon (I don't go often, but I am a supporter there), citing feeling a lack of motivation, so, it is indeed a bit suprising.
Hopefully, that will not have a negative impact - if he pushes forward the updates only because he feels obliged to do so and "runs on dry", the quality of the story will certainly suffer, and in the end, he may rush things just to finish it.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Caption--3rd image of Charlotte: "Yes, MC it was a last minute change to my need-dick list. Those two young, fit, 19 year old gangsta men will be here in a few minutes. When they arrive, quietly lead them up to my room. If Emma asks about the noise in the morning, just tell her it was my Bible studies."
not bad but i think mine is more accurate.

Deleted member 3917737

Jul 12, 2021
Actually, he had said he was going to take a break on Patreon (I don't go often, but I am a supporter there), citing feeling a lack of motivation,
I wonder when that post was posted. Hmm, was the post behind a paywall? or was it public? this answer will show me if the Dev is all about ze money or all about his game and his fans.

Welp, if he is lacking in motivation, it will show through his work. If the next update shows you anything negative, speak up. Then, I would think of finding someone new to support.

• Angry
Reactions: J.R.

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
I wonder when that post was posted. Hmm, was the post behind a paywall? or was it public? this answer will show me if the Dev is all about ze money or all about his game and his fans.

Welp, if he is lacking in motivation, it will show through his work. If the next update shows you anything negative, speak up. Then, I would think of finding someone new to support.
Don't get me wrong, but YOU never would support any dev. Looking at your posts recently you only did numerous shit posts about devs using Patreon and "hiding" their content there....

Mar 26, 2022
Actually, he had said he was going to take a break on Patreon (I don't go often, but I am a supporter there), citing feeling a lack of motivation, so, it is indeed a bit suprising.
Hopefully, that will not have a negative impact - if he pushes forward the updates only because he feels obliged to do so and "runs on dry", the quality of the story will certainly suffer, and in the end, he may rush things just to finish it.
I also hope that this will not be the case. Sadly, burnout is pretty common in this industry, I can't count how many (most of them were at least good) VN games ended abruptly because of it. I truly wouldn't mind, if DB will decide to take a longer break from making next updates.

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
View attachment 2179647

So, me buying their games, isn't supporting them? Shush, don't speak unless you got the facts. Thank you, have a nice day :3
Then why your Patreon bashing and insulting devs using it in quite some game threads here on F95? Most games wouldn't even exist without getting support there. Also have a nice day....

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Then why your Patreon bashing and insulting devs using it in quite some game threads here on F95? Most games wouldn't even exist without getting support there. Also have a nice day....
Because the Patreon model is one of the most egregiously disgusting monetization plans out there that allow devs to prey on people that forget to turn off/cancel their subscriptions. It's just scummy. Any dev that makes Patreon their sole income option gets no money and no sympathy from me. Ever. Posting a 30m update once a year while collecting tens of thousands of dollars from subs just rubs me the wrong way, sorry.

And before you accuse me too of just leeching from here I can provide you screenshots of the 11 games I have bought on Steam and the dozens more I get regular updates from Itch and SS. F Patreon and its users. I'll die before I give them a single cent.

Deleted member 3917737

Jul 12, 2021
Si me ayudan.. descargué el juego, liberé hasta 10gb mi android, desinstale el juego y no me libera espacio, quedé con 13gb y no puedo encontrar el problena..
Translation

"If you could help me... I downloaded the game, I freed up to 10gb on my android, I uninstalled the game, and it doesn't free up space, I was left with 13gb, and I can't find the problem..."

Hopefully someone can help this person out. I'm sure it'll be easier if you spoke Spanish.

Reactions: Peter Pan 2021

ramiurga

Feb 9, 2020
Emma fanfiction (or spoiler?....) :) :
Emma: MC, I am so glad you saved, me, I was so in love and couldn't believe he only wanted one thing, I trusted him! Zac hurt me so much! I won't have any boyfriend in my life, ever, EVER!!!
MC: That's not true! You are a lovely and sweet person, but you should take small steps at a time to build trust with your boy of interest. In that way you can avoid to get hurt in the future.
Emma: Yes, you are the BEST! You give so good advices! ALWAYS! I will do that, I will take very small steps to build trust! But all people in school say I am ugly and worthless... No boy will ever look at me! Nobody wants me!
MC: That is certainly not true, you are a very sweet and kind girl! And you are gifted with a look that will make boys queue up in line.
Emma: You think so? But then, if the boy touches me, I don't know what to do! I am SO SCARED!
MC: Remember what I said, you should take it very slowly, get to know each other, and then, together, start to explore what you both like to do.
Emma: You mean sex?
MC: Yes.
Emma: But I don't know what a boy really wants and expects for me, I don't even know what I want!
MC: That's why you have to work this out together.
Emma: But I will ruin EVERYTHING! I will do something wrong! He will break up and leave me! AGAIN!
MC: Perhaps you can ask your friends for some tips?
Emma: I don't want to talk with my friends about sex!
MC: Perhaps your mother or your sister? Aunt Lucy? Kaylah?
Emma: NO! NEVER! ... but I know... you, YOU can teach me! Yes YOU You know so much!
MC: No Emma, absolutely not, it's out of the question! What would your mother say, she would throw me out in a second! Or put me in jail... or worse!
Emma: I won't tell her, EVER!
MC: But Suzy would surely kill me!
Emma: I won't tell her or anybody else about it ever, I will keep it our OWN SECRET!
MC: I am not sure I think this is a good idea....
Emma: It's the best idea! THE BEST IDEA IN THE WORLD! I want to start NOW! Start teaching me! What should i do?
MC: You are very persistent...
Emma: YES I AM!
MC: Well, well, in that case... OK, lock the door, and take off your panties.
Emma: YES, I love you! The door is locked! Here are my panties, what shall I do with them? I am SOOO HAPPY, I am the happiest girl in the world! I will tell mom EVERYTHING tonight!
MC: EMMA!
Emma: Ok, ok, I forgot, this is OUR SECRET! Here are my panties, CATCH!
End of part 1 of part 1 :)

Last edited:

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020

I remember it was something on Patreon. Though if I am not wrong, it was also linked to a suspention of the charges, so, even if it was behind a paywall or anyway only for subscribers, if anything, it would prove the opposite - someone that is only there for the money, would not suspend the charges to the subscribers.
Though on the "his fans" part, there is always a compromise to be found (ideally).
It's true that a dev that ignores completely his fans, cannot expect them to continue to be fans and sponsor forever, but a dev that only runs behind his/her fans, will most often than not, end up running only behind the most vociferous/flaming ones, doing a bad service to the others (and probably losing at least some of them), and risk to become demotivated (if the things he is doing for those loud ones are not things he actually likes himself).

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
Emma fanfiction (or spoiler?....) :) :
Emma: MC, I am so glad you saved, me, I was so in love and couldn't believe he only wanted one thing, I trusted him! Zac hurt me so much! I won't have any boyfriend in my life, ever, EVER!!!
MC: That's not true! You are a lovely and sweet person, but you should take small steps at a time to build trust with your boy of interest. In that way you can avoid to get hurt in the future.
Emma: Yes, you are the BEST! You give so good advices! ALWAYS! I will do that, I will take very small steps to build trust! But all people in school say I am ugly and worthless... No boy will ever look at me! Nobody wants me!
MC: That is certainly not true, you are a very sweet and kind girl! And you are gifted with a look that will make boys queue up in line.
Emma: You think so? But then, if the boy touches me, I don't know what to do! I am SO SCARED!
MC: Remember what I said, you should take it very slowly, get to know each other, and then, together, start to explore what you both like to do.
Emma: You mean sex?
MC: Yes.
Emma: But I don't know what a boy really wants and expects for me, I don't even know what I want!
MC: That's why you have to work this out together.
Emma: But I will ruin EVERYTHING! I will do something wrong! He will break up and leave me! AGAIN!
MC: Perhaps you can ask your friends for some tips?
Emma: I don't want to talk with my friends about sex!
MC: Perhaps your mother or your sister? Aunt Lucy? Kaylah?
Emma: NO! NEVER! ... but I know... you, YOU can teach me! Yes YOU You know so much!
MC: No Emma, absolutely not, it's out of the question! What would your mother say, she would throw me out in a second! Or put me in jail... or worse!
Emma: I won't tell her, EVER!
MC: But Suzy would surely kill me!
Emma: I won't tell her or anybody else about it ever, I will keep it our OWN SECRET!
MC: I am not sure I think this is a good idea....
Emma: It's the best idea! THE BEST IDEA IN THE WORLD! I want to start NOW! Start teaching me! What should i do?
MC: You are very persistent...
Emma: YES I AM!
MC: Well, well, in that case... OK, lock the door, and take off your panties.
Emma: YES, I love you! The door is locked! Here are my panties, what shall I do with them? I am SOOO HAPPY, I am the happiest girl in the world! I will tell mom EVERYTHING tonight!
MC: EMMA!
Emma: Ok, ok, I forgot, this is OUR SECRET! Here are my panties, CATCH!
End of part 1 of part 1 :)
Well, I admit I have not played the last updates even if I am a subscriber, but "throw me out" yes, "put me in jail", nope :p ;-). I remember somewhere at the start of the game was indicated Emma is 18.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Well, I admit I have not played the last updates even if I am a subscriber, but "throw me out" yes, "put me in jail", nope :p ;-). I remember somewhere at the start of the game was indicated Emma is 18.
yes that's physical age but mental age is "bit" younger.

4.20 star(s) 265 Votes