4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
(y)

Glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks Suzi has been neglected by our dev pal.
I think one of the problems with her story is that she didn't want help even though she probably needed it more than anybody else in the VN. She sees a helping hand as a slap in the face. It is a quality that she shares with her mother but Charli had Lucy to talk some sense into her. Her friend in the locker room tried with Suzi but as they say in Spain she has the ears of a donkey. Suzi's story has been spinning its wheels because she is intractable and truculent. Until the dev gives her some character development she is going to remain in this limbo.

Reactions: DIRTY FILTHY Animal

shitass1001

Jun 8, 2021
I think one of the problems with her story is that she didn't want help even though she probably needed it more than anybody else in the VN. She sees a helping hand as a slap in the face. It is a quality that she shares with her mother but Charli had Lucy to talk some sense into her. Her friend in the locker room tried with Suzi but as they say in Spain she has the ears of a donkey. Suzi's story has been spinning its wheels because she is intractable and truculent. Until the dev gives her some character development she is going to remain in this limbo.
I think dev said he is going to change some parts of the older chapters to make suzi more involved, or "fix" her or something. I tried to find the post but alas my search was fruitless

Reactions: HillsideVN

HillsideVN

Game Developer
May 3, 2020
Be careful with suggestions about story - a game which is susceptible to suggestion by committee will end up satisfying no-one. You may already know this - and technical advice can only help, but be wary and stick to your original vision. You are building (also have built) a unique and compelling story which has gained popularity. Please don't waver, you are doing it right, remain committed and see this through. Keep the advice for other stories/games/VNs for the future.
Thanks, keefer.

Don't worry, the story is basically written and I'm not really seeking suggestions regarding that (although I will always consider them). I'm looking to fix content that is already there, but which has been badly done. And while I generally know what needs fixing, it's always useful to hear others' feedback too.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
That is another reason this dev is one of the best
I have seen countless games suffer late in development because the devs had no idea of where to take the story
or things like that.
I have seen some truly ridiculous things lol
But here the dev obviously has a clear vision of where the story is going, I really like that.

Raminita

Only in madness, do you find beautiful death
GFX Designer
Donor
Jun 11, 2017
1686967500571.png

Hi, guys.
As I said in the last update, from now on I will be posting the usual progress report, and preview images for $5+ patrons.
However, as I'm still reworking some things, I'll only post two preview images per week for now.
Thanks,
DB

1686967544542.png
- Charlotte and the MC chat while waiting for someone to join them

1686967584257.png
- Emma sleeps in someone else's bed again​

operamini

Sep 2, 2019
This character is very attractive. So far, though, she's been rather one-dimensional as a raging biotch. Interested to see where the character goes... in my humble opinion she could really use a tad more complexity.
Really thought that We saving Emma from the Police Chief would be the breaking point where our actions would overwhelm her biases and she would soften up, i was terribly disappointed instead.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
I really like that Emma is a slow burn romance
The payoff at the end is always better when they are.
I don't know. Emma's acting like an 14yrs old girl. She's clearly not mature. MC is an adult. I can't see how a man of integrity and with morale standards like MC could consider a relationship with a child. Her body might be old enough but her mind isn't.

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
I don't know. Emma's acting like an 14yrs old girl. She's clearly not mature. MC is an adult. I can't see how a man of integrity and with morale standards like MC could consider a relationship with a child. Her body might be old enough but her mind isn't.
Well said. But so far, the dev has not let us down with the story.

It will be very interesting to see how that will be handled.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Joshy92

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
In another thread, I talked about placing a Las Vegas bet on who would have vaginal sex first:
Nana (Grandma's House), or
Kindra (Artemis)
Emma could definitely be added to that wager.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
charl: it's nice to be with you while we wait lucy (or agent fox)
emma: oh mc's bed smells so nice and it's so comfy

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I think Emma is more mature and grown up then people give her credit for
I think by the end of the game she will be the best developed character.

Emma is probably the kindest sweetest girl I have ever seen in a visual novel.
That's part of what I find so attractive about her.

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
I think Emma is more mature and grown up then people give her credit for
I think by the end of the game she will be the best developed character.

Emma is probably the kindest sweetest girl I have ever seen in a visual novel.
That's part of what I find so attractive about her.
Fully agreed.

But I'm not sure Emma + MC would be a good match.

Emma is extremely kind, sweet and innocent. The MC is a very decent guy but still a fairly jaded veteran.

Honestly, if Emma were my daughter, I would not be thrilled if she came home with MC (although it would be way better than Zak), for this reason. I think she needs to find a guy who would be similarly innocent as she is. I think Emma + MC would inevitably be a form of corruption, which is something I'm not a fan of.

Charlotte would be a much better match for the MC, both in terms of age as in personal experiences / mental scarring. Their different backgrounds are more likely to be complimentary rather than a source of conflicts.

All that said, I will eventually play Emma's route (besides Charlotte's) just to see how it's being handled.

Reactions: operamini

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Fully agreed.

But I'm not sure Emma + MC would be a good match.

Emma is extremely kind, sweet and innocent. The MC is a very decent guy but still a fairly jaded veteran.

Honestly, if Emma were my daughter, I would not be thrilled if she came home with MC (although it would be way better than Zak), for this reason. I think she needs to find a guy who would be similarly innocent as she is. I think Emma + MC would inevitably be a form of corruption, which is something I'm not a fan of.

Charlotte would be a much better match for the MC, both in terms of age as in personal experiences / mental scarring. Their different backgrounds are more likely to be complimentary rather than a source of conflicts.

All that said, I will eventually play Emma's route (besides Charlotte's) just to see how it's being handled.
Yeah, good points it's stuff to think about.
I think another reason I like Emma the most is I'm more similar to her than the mc except I'm a dude lol

DIKnemero

Dec 15, 2021
The relationship between MC and Emma is more like a father-daughter relationship.
I don't think this will change either. Charlotte would NEVER allow such a thing.
And not to forget Aunt Lucy, the crazy woman rips off our ballheads. ( :
Emma is our red line. May she always remain so innocent and sweet...

Reactions: operamini

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
The relationship between MC and Emma is more like a father-daughter relationship.
I don't think this will change either. Charlotte would NEVER allow such a thing.
And not to forget Aunt Lucy, the crazy woman rips off our ballheads. ( :
Emma is our red line. May she always remain so innocent and sweet...
Emma is a possible love interest it's just her stuff will come later in the story

4.20 star(s) 265 Votes