4.20 star(s) 265 Votes
Oct 6, 2018
I just went through the whole game. Didn't see a single sex scene and was still entertained. Which is probably the best review I could give for a game on here.

Then I did a Lucy only route and yea the sex scenes are great too.

Reactions: damnedfrog

drisarter

Jun 12, 2017
aah I see. i was curious. i love this game and I thought "lexi" means some other VN that I can read while waiting hillside for updates. thankyou for explaining!
For what it's worth, I think there's enough there that you might enjoy playing it (I did at the time, and think there's enough there to recommend it). Just bear in mind it'll end abruptly and without any resolution.

In the exact same vein I'd recommend my sweet neighbors (not a bodyguard situation but some other similarities), although, again, ended abruptly / without conclusion (I think the developers' mother has cancer - my understanding is that for a long long time (and I assume still but am not sure?) he would pause the patreon payments every month which suggests he may hope to come back to it eventually, but it has been years at this point so it is probably unlikely).

Anyway, back on track: really looking forward to the Hillside update. And always grateful for the weekly previews Darkblue posts (even if, judging by his latest post, we're now at the point in the cycle where they stop due to spoilers).

Last edited:
Reactions: Howzan63

Howzan63

Jul 4, 2023
For what it's worth, I think there's enough there that you might enjoy playing it (I did at the time, and think there's enough there to recommend it). Just bear in mind it'll end abruptly and without any resolution.

In the exact same vein I'd recommend my sweet neighbors (not a bodyguard situation but some other similarities), although, again, ended abruptly / without conclusion (I think the developers' mother has cancer - my understanding is that for a long long time (and I assume still but am not sure?) he would pause the patreon payments every month which suggests he may hope to come back to it eventually, but it has been years at this point so it is probably unlikely).

Anyway, back on track: really looking forward to the Hillside update. And always grateful for the weekly previews Darkblue posts (even if, judging by his latest post, we're now at the point in the cycle where they stop due to spoilers).
aah thankyou for explaining!

Reactions: drisarter

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I just went through the whole game. Didn't see a single sex scene and was still entertained. Which is probably the best review I could give for a game on here.

Then I did a Lucy only route and yea the sex scenes are great too.
same i just finished it and I cannot decide if I like this better or what's at the top of my list CS

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Any idea about the next update?
WOW I did not expect Hillside to be this good, but im glad I decide to play it! very interesting game :D
same I did not expect to like it this much either premise of the game seemed to simple from a quick look but it's a masterpiece like others have said. Whenever said update comes out I'm probably gonna play the new content first then replay the game from start to finish

Reactions: 6pak2go

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
After I play this I loved it so much ill probably it replay it at least a few times before the update I doubt ill go for any LI other than Charlotte tho

Reactions: znar25

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022
Any idea about the next update?
WOW I did not expect Hillside to be this good, but im glad I decide to play it! very interesting game :D
At the rate he's going lately, I'd say late September. If Db decides to add the rework as well, it could go to November or December.

Reactions: Howzan63

Regularus

Apr 2, 2019
Usually in renpy based VN i like to sometime check History to re-read some recent dialogues , but it looks like in Hillside the interface is disabled.
Is there a way to re-enable the "History" button ?

4.20 star(s) 265 Votes