4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

MG-Gaming

Nov 11, 2018
I'm liking this story so far. Good characters and an interesting story.. on top of some really good renders.

I do thinkt he author needs to adress Charlotte's fears though. She has, so far, absolutely 0 reason to doubt the MC, but she refuses any and all help from him.
I understand that PTSD is not something to scoff at, and i do like that this is a big part of her character, but she is depicted as near-catatonic. The author has to elaborate more on this, as half the scenes with her and MC feel like she backs out at the last second for only half a reason.

There were a few mistakes/bugs i saw in this update (0.6) like the names being [name_Aunt] and the like. Also 1 line was missing, but other than that, this game is very well made.

PS: It is pointed out that old saves don't work with V0.6, but i had no problems continuing my save-file fomr V0.5.
Maybe it was fixed

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
Story and character development will always be prioritised over sex if the game is good and that’s what Hillside is doing
This feels like a game that might be pretty good if you just play it after its completed. Right now we are 6 months in since the first release and its been all character building. This kind of thing works when its just a full game and you can play through it, but feels pretty bad when its just small releases ever month.

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
I agree we are at a point where something needs to happen.
It's understandable that Charlotte is the way she is, but it's boring to see her repeating the same inner monologue over and over again.
It may be boring, but it's a common thing with psychological expierences and illnesses. I, for myself, have depressions and there are times, I'm just like her, except my thoughts go a different direction. Sometimes just for a few seconds or minutes, sometimes over days or weeks. So it is quite realistic. And I met people with PTSD during my time at the hospital, with different expierences, and they had the same issues when they got confronted with situations that reminded them of a certain situation. I think it's quite realistic, that C has problems to trust MC. But I think she should open up to the MC at some point, especially since he is already 2 weeks in her house. She can't hide her past forever. The earlier the better.

Looking forward to more. GL until then to the dev.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
This feels like a game that might be pretty good if you just play it after its completed. Right now we are 6 months in since the first release and its been all character building. This kind of thing works when its just a full game and you can play through it, but feels pretty bad when its just small releases ever month.
100% this. The story is solid but in bite sized chunks it suffers from a perception that the characters are stupid. I mean... they're not, they have good reason for being what they are, but without long term context I find myself rolling my eyes a fair bit.

Lord Soth

Mar 8, 2020
I know PTSD is nothing to joke about, but Charlotte's resistance to let MC Help is really bogging down the game, and is only gunna be her downfall when she needs his help and he's not there. I mean, Unless she likes being put in the hospital again ...
It`s actually pissing me off the way she`s carrying on. I know she has good reason to distrust/hate men, but it feels dragging on. The conversation with Lucy in bed made me want yell "shut the fuck up and just TALK to the guy ffs!". Argh, I want my MC to take Emma and Lucy then ride off into the sunset, leaving Charlotte to hand wring.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
It`s actually pissing me off the way she`s carrying on. I know she has good reason to distrust/hate men, but it feels dragging on. The conversation with Lucy in bed made me want yell "shut the fuck up and just TALK to the guy ffs!". Argh, I want my MC to take Emma and Lucy then ride off into the sunset, leaving Charlotte to hand wring.
To be fair it's "dragging" on because nothing has changed to stop it. That's more an issue with the writing than anything else but her role is pretty solid for someone who's been in the situations she has been in. As mentioned above the game suffers from the incremental nature of it. Playing it in a big bang approach a year and about 10 releases down the line will make the game feel solid as the writing is well done.

Reactions: GrimWraith

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
I think what is missing is some side-chick action. Other games with more story and character focus add some girls to fuck, just to have some lewd content.

But in the end I prefer a game with better characters. Its just that the updates are so short ... :( - oh and maybe its not so good to have the same (more or less) scene (beach) again so early.

I hope the dev will get more support and can upgrade his system and maybe produce meatier updates in the future.

GrimWraith

Jun 19, 2020
One thing that i would recommend for the game esp after this update is that the transition b/w two different scenes is pretty bad as we are suddenly thrown into the next scene at a different location and characters. It feels a little jarring and could simply be solved by a image that says something like 'Meanwhile at the red carpet event' or 'A few uneventful days later Saturday (the day of morning runs) finally came'.

XCelesX

Jun 2, 2020
I like that this is very realistic so far and all, but we are at 0.6 and it looks like we will not get any sexy time for the foreseeable future.
It's more of a crime drama than a sex game.

Reactions: LSC82

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
It's weird, i think the number "0.6" is hurting the game.
It leads us to believe that we should be further along, because 0.6 implies "past the midpoint" and setting up the 3rd act (aka the conclusion), and things haven't picked up yet, neither in terms of personal relationships nor actions related to the plot.
It feels like we are still spinning wheels in the first act.

Last edited:
Reactions: Why Am I Even Here?
4.20 star(s) 265 Votes