VN Ren'Py Abandoned His Legacy [Ep. 2] [VengeanceXXX]

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes

misterf91

Apr 3, 2018
Thank you for your efforts.

I don't remember anyone complaining about the lack of Incest. Personally I feel the story would suffer if Incest was forced-fed into it, since this story never had incest in. The characters are not related. This is not an incest story that was "cleaned up" in the midst of it to accomodate Patreon.
So personally I would prefer if it was not added in.

V3X has said in the past I think that he's willing to accept help with spelling and grammar but cannot pay anyone or anything.
I hope he will take you on your kind offer... But after episode 3. :)
Adding a new "layer of polish", people looking for spelling mistakes, would add an extra 2-3 days.
So... while polishing is always good, I am too anxious to get Ep3 that has Sonic on the bed as a teaser!
Regarding incest; I'm personally against adding it too, if the game was born without it, but previous comments complained that in the "original" game (Ethan's Legacy), him and Gina were siblings.
Seeing as this game is unrelated but hosts the same characters, they probably felt it was removed instead.

About helping the author; I didn't make this patch to earn money, otherwise i would've put it behind a pay-wall, instead of releasing it for free. (still, if someone WANTS to donate for my work, who am i to say no? LOL)
Either way, should he accept or refuse my help, i'll still patch new episodes depending on my free time.

Also, you wouldn't have to worry about me delaying any release should i work with him/her, given the same amount of content he put in previous episodes, it takes me 2/3 hours max to redo all dialogue lines. (per episode)
By the way, i'm looking forward to EP3 too, considering i re-played and re-read the other two at least 50 times while making the patch.

(Nice Fate quote in your signature, it was my very first Novel!)

Reactions: troll822

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
it takes me 2/3 hours max to redo all dialogue lines. (per episode)
I believe you. My concern is that instead of release at day X, it would be you getting the files at X-1, spending those 2/3 hours of your free time for 1-2 days, sending them back at day X+1 and by the time V3X gets the file, checks your changes and fixes any inconsistency he finds we're at X+2-3 already. :)

(Nice Fate quote in your signature, it was my very first Novel!)
Thanks!

Reactions: misterf91

misterf91

Apr 3, 2018
I believe you. My concern is that instead of release at day X, it would be you getting the files at X-1, spending those 2/3 hours of your free time for 1-2 days, sending them back at day X+1 and by the time V3X gets the file, checks your changes and fixes any inconsistency he finds we're at X+2-3 already. :)
Ah! Yeah i get it now, you're right. It would probably take some time just to send files over and back, checking stuff etc.

Well, we're getting ahead of ourselves here probably, let's just say i'll do my thing after he releases updates.
If things ever change, we'll think about it!

Centurion

Jan 20, 2018
It's mid June! Episode 3 is coming any day now! :eazyHype:
That time estimate was before he decided to ditch Patreon and slow down. He hasn't given a revised time estimate other than at his own pace.

Thank you for your efforts.

I don't remember anyone complaining about the lack of Incest. Personally I feel the story would suffer if Incest was forced-fed into it, since this story never had incest in. The characters are not related. This is not an incest story that was "cleaned up" in the midst of it to accomodate Patreon.
So personally I would prefer if it was not added in.

V3X has said in the past I think that he's willing to accept help with spelling and grammar but cannot pay anyone or anything.
I hope he will take you on your kind offer... But after episode 3. :)
Adding a new "layer of polish", people looking for spelling mistakes, would add an extra 2-3 days.
So... while polishing is always good, I am too anxious to get Ep3 that has Sonic on the bed as a teaser!
V3X already has help editing. Wasn't done last update because I was in the hospital and V3X wanted to meet the time estimate that he had already given.

Centurion

Jan 20, 2018
Did he decide to slow down? Or just ditch Patreon?
It was important to him before to maintain a regular schedule when he had his Patreon page. IIRC it was about monthly. He didn't want Patreon to control the content of his work so he took down the page and decided to use the opportunity to not obligate himself to a timeline/schedule.

Here it is from V3X in his own words -

I think it's good that he's doing what he feels comfortable with.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Yeah, I remember that post. But even after saying he closed down the Patreon, he didn't mention that things would be slower now.
The problem with his computer or what it was + the time with the animations may have put a dent to his scedule though.

Centurion

Jan 20, 2018
Yeah, I remember that post. But even after saying he closed down the Patreon, he didn't mention that things would be slower now.
The problem with his computer or what it was + the time with the animations may have put a dent to his scedule though.
Could have just been my interpretation but I'm not counting on a clockwork schedule.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Could have just been my interpretation but I'm not counting on a clockwork schedule.
V3X was clear from the very beginning that it was not going to be a clockwork scedule XD I don't disagree with you.
That said, the man is commited to keep his ... non-promises. So despite the problems with his machine and the setbacks with animation etc etc I still think the release is around the corner.
OK, that's completely wishful thinking.

But... :eazyHype::eazyHype::eazyHype::eazyHype:

Fusidrive

Feb 24, 2018
V3X was clear from the very beginning that it was not going to be a clockwork scedule XD I don't disagree with you.
That said, the man is commited to keep his ... non-promises. So despite the problems with his machine and the setbacks with animation etc etc I still think the release is around the corner.
OK, that's completely wishful thinking.

But... :eazyHype::eazyHype::eazyHype::eazyHype:
I feel u man :)

JuanSinTierra

May 21, 2017
Oh man, I've just found out VengeanceXXX made a new game. I liked EL a lot, so I was hyped. And for what I'm reading, it's same models of EL, but here the MC is a loser who got set up, "his girl" was going to declare her love to him, but since he got framed for rape, dates her other friend named Adam, who was the guy who planned to frame him! and now MC takes her back?! I've only skimmed through the thread, so maybe I'm wrong? Please somebody tell me I'm wrong, because if the VN is like that, extreme disappointment :(

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
My point is, why he cant try to do this full time. i wasnt around back when whatever happened but from what i read he left because he tried to appeal to all his patreons and eventually the game went too far from the dev's original idea.
Not even close.

He had depression and the game ended up going in a direction he didn't like which is why he "rebooted" it now he's in a better place.

He walked away from the games he'd made because he was in a bad place and needed to get himself sorted.

He doesn't do this full time because he has a job, this a hobby.

Centurion

Jan 20, 2018
Oh man, I've just found out VengeanceXXX made a new game. I liked EL a lot, so I was hyped. And for what I'm reading, it's same models of EL, but here the MC is a loser who got set up, "his girl" was going to declare her love to him, but since he got framed for rape, dates her other friend named Adam, who was the guy who planned to frame him! and now MC takes her back?! I've only skimmed through the thread, so maybe I'm wrong? Please somebody tell me I'm wrong, because if the VN is like that, extreme disappointment :(
Some is right and some is wrong. Since you liked EL, I'm pretty sure you'll like this.

Play Dancer and A Lustrous Stage first. It's the prequel to His Legacy. You can get it here -

Then try His Legacy.

Centurion

Jan 20, 2018
My point is, why he cant try to do this full time. i wasnt around back when whatever happened but from what i read he left because he tried to appeal to all his patreons and eventually the game went too far from the dev's original idea.
Not even close.

He had depression and the game ended up going in a direction he didn't like which is why he "rebooted" it now he's in a better place.

He walked away from the games he'd made because he was in a bad place and needed to get himself sorted.

He doesn't do this full time because he has a job, this a hobby.
Actually, it was both - delete "not even close" then combine the two comments. Quite possibly one led to the other. Things were exasperated by people who I think were trolling him.

The last 3 paragraphs of Gomley's comment are spot on.

JuanSinTierra

May 21, 2017
Some is right and some is wrong. Since you liked EL, I'm pretty sure you'll like this.

Play Dancer and A Lustrous Stage first. It's the prequel to His Legacy. You can get it here -

Then try His Legacy.
Thanks! Could you tell me if this is the part that's wrong? Does the sister from EL date this other guy that frames MC? Because if everything else is wrong but that's the part that's right, I don't even want to download the prequel. I have a problem with this kind of thing, not just in games, even watching a movie and seeing a sympathetic character making a big mistake or losing puts me in a bad mood, I don't want to play a game where by script, the MC just starts after losing the girl, with no way to avoid it, add to that it's to a guy who framed MC, and that the girl is the sister from EL... It would just piss me off and ruin any enjoyment, however good it might be (and if it's anything close to EL it probably is good)

Centurion

Jan 20, 2018
Thanks! Could you tell me if this is the part that's wrong? Does the sister from EL date this other guy that frames MC? Because if everything else is wrong but that's the part that's right, I don't even want to download the prequel. I have a problem with this kind of thing, not just in games, even watching a movie and seeing a sympathetic character making a big mistake or losing puts me in a bad mood, I don't want to play a game where by script, the MC just starts after losing the girl, with no way to avoid it, add to that it's to a guy who framed MC, and that the girl is the sister from EL... It would just piss me off and ruin any enjoyment, however good it might be (and if it's anything close to EL it probably is good)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

JuanSinTierra

May 21, 2017
She believed MC was innocent and, even though she didn't knew whose fault it was, still dated the other guy? Whether it was MCs fault or hers, not for me, it's one of those situations where the characters decisions will make me seethe. I'll play the prequel then, thank you for the information :)

Centurion

Jan 20, 2018
She believed MC was innocent and, even though she didn't knew whose fault it was, still dated the other guy? Whether it was MCs fault or hers, not for me, it's one of those situations where the characters decisions will make me seethe. I'll play the prequel then, thank you for the information :)

Fusidrive

Feb 24, 2018

Reactions: Centurion
4.60 star(s) 8 Votes