VN Ren'Py Abandoned His Legacy [Ep. 2] [VengeanceXXX]

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes

V3X

Game Developer
Apr 20, 2017
Right now it's just impossible for me to do this full time. I mean, I have to eat, pay rent, etc.

Real talk here, I don't even expect to reach a number big enough for me to consider going full-time, that's why I didn't even bother making a full-time goal in the first place. My projects are way too niche for the general public, sadly.

Nov 25, 2017
Right now it's just impossible for me to do this full time. I mean, I have to eat, pay rent, etc.

Real talk here, I don't even expect to reach a number big enough for me to consider going full-time, that's why I didn't even bother making a full-time goal in the first place. My projects are way too niche for the general public, sadly.
well, i'm just glad you're back in the first place and i'm seeing a reboot of the story. but that's just me.

U

User_32285

Ethan's Legacy got quite far in.

Personally I love it but I can't recommend it because it ends on a cliffhanger that will never be resolved.
Never say never :).

(I also really liked E.L. but you never know, maybe some time in the future when author finished H.L. and earns 10k+ a month).

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Yeap. That's why I am asking if there are any news. :) I expect the whole animation thing took a lot of time but I bet the episode will still be larger than Episode 2.

Does anyone think we will get inside the pants of any of the big name heroines in ep3?
Gina? Sonic? Rose?
Or get some action with Clara or Violet or Denise (Denise looks a bit... too young for my tastes) ?

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
Sorry, have I offended you? I was just criticizing "something" posted in the games forum that isn't a game...
Visual novels are distinguished from other game types by their generally minimal gameplay. Typically the majority of player interaction is limited to clicking to keep the text, graphics and sound moving (many recent games offer "play" or "fast-forward" toggles that make this unnecessary), while making narrative choices along the way.
I recommend you don't try the prefix [VN].

V3X

Game Developer
Apr 20, 2017
Hi, I've had to deal with something really urgent over the past week. It's something personal.

I've been thinking a lot in the past 2 weeks in regards to my patreon page and this whole project in general.

In short : I don't want to make this a full-time project, so I decided to only do this project at my own pace and time, whenever I like it. Opening up a patreon page and expecting people to donate with this kind of mindset is horribly wrong and scummy of me, and honestly, it's been bothering me a lot.

So it's best to make this as a side project completely and I turned of the patreon support. I hope everyone understands.

I think I'll be happier this way, and also, I believe that it will make this project a better experience for everyone. Doing this will also allow me to do whatever I want with this project, without any artistic limitations.

TripleZ

Jun 23, 2017
I'd have chosen the donation per release solution like Parental love, but do whatever you feel confortable with :angel:

I.W.

Apr 6, 2018
Whatever you end up doing, I'm willing to support. Thes legacies have been amazing for me to read and experience. I'll patiently wait for the next update. It's good to have you back. :FeelsGoodMan:

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Whatever works for you, V3X.
May I ask, did you shut down the Patreon page just because you didn't want the "pressure" of having clients\patron or it was also patreon's rules against mindcontrol and dubcon?

Fusidrive

Feb 24, 2018
Hi, I've had to deal with something really urgent over the past week. It's something personal.

I've been thinking a lot in the past 2 weeks in regards to my patreon page and this whole project in general.

In short : I don't want to make this a full-time project, so I decided to only do this project at my own pace and time, whenever I like it. Opening up a patreon page and expecting people to donate with this kind of mindset is horribly wrong and scummy of me, and honestly, it's been bothering me a lot.

So it's best to make this as a side project completely and I turned of the patreon support. I hope everyone understands.

I think I'll be happier this way, and also, I believe that it will make this project a better experience for everyone. Doing this will also allow me to do whatever I want with this project, without any artistic limitations.
Thank u so much for making this VN. It's the best I've read in years. So what if there isn't much to do with choices? The characters, the story, the ambience all more than make up for it. And ur decision has my full support. Sometimes it's best to have no pressure and have the time and freedom to do whatever u envision. Patreon can sometimes limit that so if u r sure abt it then it's the right choice.
I am eagerly waiting for EP3 now.

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017

That explains it, I was just going to pledge your project and noticed your patron isn't there anymore, if you find other means of support, let us know, cause I'm in, Maria is one hell of a hot smoking babe, hard to beat. ;P;P;P

Reactions: Centurion

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
V3X, did you thought about "Buymeacoffee.com"
Some artist like Mr Dots, use this,
This way people can reward you for your amazing games, and without any obligation for you to deliver.
I would dare say that Patreon also doesn't put any obligation of product.
It is V3X's ethics that make him feel not-so-good about... well, delivering amazing updates every 6-7 weeks instead of 4-5. :)

U

User_32285

Take a look at Qleaf (of Walkthrough fame) patreon page, it is for people to tip him for his work, without any need to deliver a product.

DonStark

May 4, 2017
Yes.

The rest of us are discussing about his announcement that he shut down his patreon page. As such, we don't have problems with it. :)
ah sorry my bad, thanks for your answer ^^

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes