VN Ren'Py Abandoned His Legacy [Ep. 2] [VengeanceXXX]

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes

MrManager

There's Always Money In The Banana Stand
Donor
Jun 17, 2017
While i was sad about the way things were left in Ethan's Legacy, it was showing signs that Vengeance's heart was no longer in it. I'm glad he took the time out and recalibrated in a way, and after playing this reboot of sorts i am convinced that he has learnt a lot and is now a more mature developer. Props to Vengeance, for laying solid story foundations on which a hopefully great game is made.

ps- its nice to play a game knowing that progression isn't linked to milking patreon supporters.

Reactions: jaffaa and Drendari

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Any better estimate as for the next chapter?
The running estimate was "mid June" but that was an early estimate and since then V3X tried his hand in time consuming animation and had some unexpected delays.

SirAuron20

May 11, 2017
damn my happiness was short lived...i just wish you the best mate if you ever decide to open you're patreon again
ill be there to support you like before!

Reactions: troll822

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
V3X didn't quit doing this. Just doing it at his own pace and without Patreon.
And he had to deal with some mishaps, which is what prompted him to close down his patreon since he couldn't guarantee that he would provide updates up to his standards as frequent as he assumes his patrons would like.
He prefers to do this at his own pace and felt it was "scammy" to charge people for his hobby.

PS. Personally, I don't think it was scammy since he was clear about the "this is a hobby" part.

Reactions: Centurion

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
I always skip this game due to the face of the older lady (mom, mother in law, grandma ?) its Nightmarish... does she look like that in the game, or was that an early alpha stage look that someone put in opening post just to troll ?

hrvoje89

mischievous
Donor
May 27, 2017
I always skip this game due to the face of the older lady (mom, mother in law, grandma ?) its Nightmarish... does she look like that in the game, or was that an early alpha stage look that someone put in opening post just to troll ?
Than play it for other ladies. He makes one of the best models:rolleyes:

Centurion

Jan 20, 2018
I suggest trying it to see whether you like it.

Reactions: hrvoje89

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Hi, I've had to deal with something really urgent over the past week. It's something personal.

I've been thinking a lot in the past 2 weeks in regards to my patreon page and this whole project in general.

In short : I don't want to make this a full-time project, so I decided to only do this project at my own pace and time, whenever I like it. Opening up a patreon page and expecting people to donate with this kind of mindset is horribly wrong and scummy of me, and honestly, it's been bothering me a lot.

So it's best to make this as a side project completely and I turned of the patreon support. I hope everyone understands.

I think I'll be happier this way, and also, I believe that it will make this project a better experience for everyone. Doing this will also allow me to do whatever I want with this project, without any artistic limitations.
Do what you think is best and i hope it all works out for you.

The only characters i even care about are the MC, Rose, Maria and Dexter so far all others i don't care what happens to and some i want to hurt/kill.
Hope we get options to decide who to date and be friends with and who to cast out of your life.

So that dream Karen had was way in the past and if my timing is correct she said ten years ago, so that means the MC had that serum in his body for what at least 6 years before he met his former group of friends the ones who lied about him being a rapist and ruined his life and yet that serum made it so his friends stay loyal that makes no sense?
And also Karen filled protecting the MC by allowing his life to be ruined and again Gina does not deserve to be in the MC's life she fucked the guy who ruined your life no way i would ever have sex with her.
Hope we get to pick who we want to fuck, i guess i would fuck Gina and then tell her it was just sex i'm not interested in you.
The MC is also too nice for losing his family and having his friends ruin his life he needs to start being an asshole towards others!
He really has not much to live for anyways.

Fusidrive

Feb 24, 2018
Do what you think is best and i hope it all works out for you.

The only characters i even care about are the MC, Rose, Maria and Dexter so far all others i don't care what happens to and some i want to hurt/kill.
Hope we get options to decide who to date and be friends with and who to cast out of your life.

So that dream Karen had was way in the past and if my timing is correct she said ten years ago, so that means the MC had that serum in his body for what at least 6 years before he met his former group of friends the ones who lied about him being a rapist and ruined his life and yet that serum made it so his friends stay loyal that makes no sense?
And also Karen filled protecting the MC by allowing his life to be ruined and again Gina does not deserve to be in the MC's life she fucked the guy who ruined your life no way i would ever have sex with her.
Hope we get to pick who we want to fuck, i guess i would fuck Gina and then tell her it was just sex i'm not interested in you.
The MC is also too nice for losing his family and having his friends ruin his life he needs to start being an asshole towards others!
He really has not much to live for anyways.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Centurion

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
She indeed has sex with him and i posted my thoughts on this topic before.
My view point is not gonna change since she would have to be slow in the head to not have figured it was a set up.
The whole back story from episode 1 made it clear as day!

Episode 2 was good!

Reactions: whity112

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
She is not romancable, at least not at this point. She is a plot element so far, not a romantic\sex interest.

@Catswashere: The Syrum, as per what the guy that made it said, took years to come into effect. Gina may have been "hooked" which would explain why she never lost confidence in the MC. (Yes, I know your opinion that "Everything" pointed at him being innocent, but I strongly disagree and IMO something supernatural as the Syrum or deep, deep love is required to explain why she stayed by the MC's side)

Episode 2 was good!
It's mid June! Episode 3 is coming any day now! :eazyHype:

misterf91

Apr 3, 2018
Hi people, i'm here to tell you I'VE MADE A PATCH for this game, and i'll link it down here.
However, let me say something before scrolling through.

I've found this game a couple days ago, without knowing anything about @V3X or his (her?) previous works, and immediately loved it.
Personally, unlike other people i've seen writing in this thread, i don't care about incest or any lack of actual choices.
I feel the most interesting thing about it is the story.
However, that being the case, it's important to have some good writing in order for people to enjoy it throughly, and i was sad to see A LOT of english mistakes (down here i'll point the major ones i've corrected in my patch).

In the end, after reading through both chapters, i thought this game would greatly benefit from a writing touch-up, so i took a free day and went through ALL THE DIALOGUE, word per word, changing and improving it.

@V3X Dude, i had a look at your programming skills while re-writing the dialogue lines, and i gotta say you do some things quite differently from other game makers, however you're really talented (especially since you said you also make everything else, renderings and all) and i found your coding really clear, i gotta tip my fedora to you.
I've read you already declined help from other people so i won't bug you, i'll improve your releases (given i have free time of course) by myself.
As you said we can eventually hit PM's if you don't like the changes i've made, or want to tell me something specific i should know about the story beforehand.

Now for the patch;

WHAT DID I CHANGE?
  • Removed ALL (unless i missed some) spelling mistakes
  • Greatly improved general Grammar and Syntax
  • Removed repeatings (Ie. "We entered his car." "Now in his car ...")
  • Completely replaced @V3X past tense obsession, except when needed (work on fixing it, buddy!)
  • Fixed in/on/at mistakes (Ie. "On my room" "At his car", etc.)
  • Replaced all incoherent/ambiguous dialogue, with more understandable lines
  • Other minor things...
HOW TO INSTALL?
  • Unpack the archive and inside you'll find 2 folders (EP01 and EP02)
  • Navigate to the game Story folder (>His Legacy -> game -> Story)
  • Here you will see the same EP01 and EP02 folders
  • Copy and Paste the contents of my EP01 and EP02 in their respective game folders
  • If done right, you'll be prompted to replace already existing files
  • Replace all and you're done (make file backup copies beforehand, in case you mess up)
WHAT MORE CAN I CHANGE?
  • For those complaining about no incest, i could re-write dialogue lines to insert it (highly depends on future story developments, if @V3X eventually makes it impossible storywise, there will be nothing more to do)
ANY KNOWN BUGS?
  • VERY RARELY, depending on your computer, you may have trouble during Ethan's kid flashback (when the father's dialogue gets unreadable) but i doubt any of you will encounter this. If it happens i'll fix it right away.

Lastly, here's a patch mirror download link;

I hope you'll enjoy my writing style!
I tried my best sticking to @V3X original meanings, but at times, his english was so butchered up i had no choice but to completely rewrite those sentences.
If you have any suggestion, notice any mistake or simply want to tell me something, i'm more or less online 3/4 days per week, you can hit me up in PM's if you wanna be sure i'll notice your message.
Also, you're free to mirror (or modify) the patch wherever you want, i just have GDRIVE available unfortunately.

PS: I've hidden a couple meme references in the dialogue lines, can you find them?

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Thank you for your efforts.

I don't remember anyone complaining about the lack of Incest. Personally I feel the story would suffer if Incest was forced-fed into it, since this story never had incest in. The characters are not related. This is not an incest story that was "cleaned up" in the midst of it to accomodate Patreon.
So personally I would prefer if it was not added in.

V3X has said in the past I think that he's willing to accept help with spelling and grammar but cannot pay anyone or anything.
I hope he will take you on your kind offer... But after episode 3. :)
Adding a new "layer of polish", people looking for spelling mistakes, would add an extra 2-3 days.
So... while polishing is always good, I am too anxious to get Ep3 that has Sonic on the bed as a teaser!

Reactions: misterf91
4.60 star(s) 8 Votes