VN Others Completed Hoka no Otoko no Seieki de Haramu Toki 1 & After Story [2022-08-22] [Atelier Sakura]

3.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Hmong-sama

Jan 3, 2019
Just letting you know, 1 of the 3 download works. Gofile has none and Anonfile just have site error. I have played when it came out on here (before the after story got fully translated) I just feel like replaying it.

Reactions: Dimitry710

Kudoko

Apr 13, 2023
There's no even a page regarding the new shin hoka no otoko to which appearently was translated recently

Reactions: DrJamesFox

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
It's been a while since I had a "what the fuck did I just read?" feeling... but this set of stories actually managed to evoke that feeling in me. I know that you're supposed to turn off some of your brain and whatnot for them, and try not to think too hard... but this one simply goes way too far with the stupid.

I legitimately thought that all three people in this thing had brain damage, McCuck-kun in particular, but his wife and brother weren't much better tbh. How the heck did it take him an entire year to get himself checked out to find out that he had fertility issues? Then, the first thing he thinks of in a matter of days isn't "let's see what treatment options and whatnot there are for this"... no, it's "let's either see if my wife wants to leave me so she can marry a guy that can give her children" and then "let's have my brother fuck my wife for the sake of impregnating her".

They tried to have him give some reasoning to why he didn't want to try artificial insemination... but the reasoning was so stupid it hurt to read. Even if there was some basis to his idiotic reasoning... why couldn't they have his brother act as a sperm donor for artificial insemination if he was so convinced that his own sperm was too risky to use with that procedure? It boggles the mind.

Then there's the fact that neither the wife nor the brother suggested this idea or put up much of a fight either. Which doesn't make sense in the 1st part because the wife wasn't a slut then and the brother had, at the time, seemed to actually respect and like his older sibling and didn't yet know that the wife was the best slut he'd ever have. Then they all keep digging the hole over and over like they're concussed lemmings or something.

Holy crap. It's really been a while since I genuinely felt that characters are so stupid it physically hurts...

This has to be the laziest writing I've seen in quite some time... and I read a LOT of smut beyond just VNs...

The scenes were hot and all that and the art was nice. Atelier Sakura generally does good work for the most part with the imagery... but damn... Did someone whack their writer on the head and give him a concussion? Are people actually able to suspend their disbelief to such extreme levels of stupid?

Kudoko

Apr 13, 2023
It's been a while since I had a "what the fuck did I just read?" feeling... but this set of stories actually managed to evoke that feeling in me. I know that you're supposed to turn off some of your brain and whatnot for them, and try not to think too hard... but this one simply goes way too far with the stupid.

I legitimately thought that all three people in this thing had brain damage, McCuck-kun in particular, but his wife and brother weren't much better tbh. How the heck did it take him an entire year to get himself checked out to find out that he had fertility issues? Then, the first thing he thinks of in a matter of days isn't "let's see what treatment options and whatnot there are for this"... no, it's "let's either see if my wife wants to leave me so she can marry a guy that can give her children" and then "let's have my brother fuck my wife for the sake of impregnating her".

They tried to have him give some reasoning to why he didn't want to try artificial insemination... but the reasoning was so stupid it hurt to read. Even if there was some basis to his idiotic reasoning... why couldn't they have his brother act as a sperm donor for artificial insemination if he was so convinced that his own sperm was too risky to use with that procedure? It boggles the mind.

Then there's the fact that neither the wife nor the brother suggested this idea or put up much of a fight either. Which doesn't make sense in the 1st part because the wife wasn't a slut then and the brother had, at the time, seemed to actually respect and like his older sibling and didn't yet know that the wife was the best slut he'd ever have. Then they all keep digging the hole over and over like they're concussed lemmings or something.

Holy crap. It's really been a while since I genuinely felt that characters are so stupid it physically hurts...

This has to be the laziest writing I've seen in quite some time... and I read a LOT of smut beyond just VNs...

The scenes were hot and all that and the art was nice. Atelier Sakura generally does good work for the most part with the imagery... but damn... Did someone whack their writer on the head and give him a concussion? Are people actually able to suspend their disbelief to such extreme levels of stupid?
Do you know that there is a review section to do what you are doing here?
And on your review i disagree completely.
Literally all your complains comes into the form of why don't they do artificial insemination.
Well they are actual medical risks and ethical/religious issues incomporated with that.
Also this seems to me like it took place during the 70s/80s since farm villages are uncommon nowadays.
As for valid reasoning for sharing your wife it's really hard to come up with something better than this.
When it comes to story/plot writing i personally have not complains on that front, which usually IS the one flaw on these types of games.
The only real issue i have is on the art on the first game (which was really really improved on the after story) and some sex scene mainly on the first game which weren't good enough.
How many ntr games have you actually read?

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
Do you know that there is a review section to do what you are doing here?
And on your review i disagree completely.
Literally all your complains comes into the form of why don't they do artificial insemination.
Well they are actual medical risks and ethical/religious issues incomporated with that.
Also this seems to me like it took place during the 70s/80s since farm villages are uncommon nowadays.
As for valid reasoning for sharing your wife it's really hard to come up with something better than this.
When it comes to story/plot writing i personally have not complains on that front, which usually IS the one flaw on these types of games.
The only real issue i have is on the art on the first game (which was really really improved on the after story) and some sex scene mainly on the first game which weren't good enough.
How many ntr games have you actually read?
Reviews don't really encourage discussion and that tiny review window that can't be resized is not worth the effort unless I REALLY feel like dropping a rating. Which I don't for Atelier Sakura VNs.

Anyway, I'll start with the end question. So. Let's see... How many games and VNs specifically? Well... Most of the AS VNs on this site (I think I'm just missing 5 that I haven't read yet, the Marina series, which I'm hoping will get the other two translated, Koibito Swapping which I'm not sure on the quality of the translation and one other I don't remember...), One of the Acerola NTR games, the one before Yukino. A Promise Best Left Unkept. The Edge Of. King of Summer. Fleeting Iris. Nebel. Curse of Kubel. Dark Hero Party. Treasure Hunter Mai. Gave a try to Knights of Messaiah but gave up because the game is too buggy and prone to crashing. Knightess Whore. NTR Knight. That one game with the Gal stranded on the island with the useless husband. Oyako Rankan (though how NTR focused this one is can be somewhat debated...), My Girlfriend is a Blue Collar Worker, Taimanin Yukikaze 1 and 2, Scars of Summer, every Mishiji game that was translated, Leane 2 but I gave up partway because the gameplay was boring me to tears, and more stuff I don't remember any more either because it was a long ass time ago or because it wasn't memorable at all.

If we start going into manga and animations too, it'll get even more stupid, though it's been ages since I sampled NTR in those media so I don't really remember that many off the top of my head. I think the last one that was memorable was the one with the guy that was time looping and went nutso saying that he cucked himself at the end...

Anyway. A lot. So yes. I've seen a lot of stupid justifications for sharing, NTR and everything in between over the years.

In any case. My complaint is mostly focused on why they didn't use artificial insemination, yes, or rather, on the reasons they give the reader for not using it. Quite frankly, the MC did not care about ethical or religious reasons. His justification was purely that 1, he didn't want his wife to spend more time in the hospital, 2 that the chance of success was lower with someone that had his specific problem, 3 that because of his specific problem, there might be issues with the child itself even if it takes, 4 that he didn't want to give his wife false hope.

Now, reasons 2 and 3 might have some weight to them... but neither of them exclude the idea of using his brother as a Sperm Donor. Additionally, none of them are worse than literally getting another dude to fuck his wife, even if said other dude was his brother.

Also, as I said, the fact that neither the brother nor the wife commented on the possibility is simply bad writing. Obviously, for the smut to happen, they have to avoid artificial insemination... that doesn't mean that they have to half-ass it in a way that makes the character seem brain damaged. Likewise, with the part where the husband took so long to discover his condition and then immediately jumped into stupid shit without even trying anything in terms of treatment.

As for the time in which the story occurs... Eh. I don't think it's in the 70s or 80s. I don't think AS' writer thought that far, not to mention that they seem to have modern smartphones. At the very least, they have messaging, which wasn't introduced until 1992 (SMS). So that kind of sinks your theory pretty hard.

Either way, I still stand by my stance that the way they handled this was pretty dumb and that they could have made a bit more effort to make the whole thing less stupid. It's obviously STILL going to be pretty stupid. D'uh. But they could have made it a bit less stupid and more internally consistent.

Kudoko

Apr 13, 2023
Reviews don't really encourage discussion and that tiny review window that can't be resized is not worth the effort unless I REALLY feel like dropping a rating. Which I don't for Atelier Sakura VNs.

Anyway, I'll start with the end question. So. Let's see... How many games and VNs specifically? Well... Most of the AS VNs on this site (I think I'm just missing 5 that I haven't read yet, the Marina series, which I'm hoping will get the other two translated, Koibito Swapping which I'm not sure on the quality of the translation and one other I don't remember...), One of the Acerola NTR games, the one before Yukino. A Promise Best Left Unkept. The Edge Of. King of Summer. Fleeting Iris. Nebel. Curse of Kubel. Dark Hero Party. Treasure Hunter Mai. Gave a try to Knights of Messaiah but gave up because the game is too buggy and prone to crashing. Knightess Whore. NTR Knight. That one game with the Gal stranded on the island with the useless husband. Oyako Rankan (though how NTR focused this one is can be somewhat debated...), My Girlfriend is a Blue Collar Worker, Taimanin Yukikaze 1 and 2, Scars of Summer, every Mishiji game that was translated, Leane 2 but I gave up partway because the gameplay was boring me to tears, and more stuff I don't remember any more either because it was a long ass time ago or because it wasn't memorable at all.

If we start going into manga and animations too, it'll get even more stupid, though it's been ages since I sampled NTR in those media so I don't really remember that many off the top of my head. I think the last one that was memorable was the one with the guy that was time looping and went nutso saying that he cucked himself at the end...

Anyway. A lot. So yes. I've seen a lot of stupid justifications for sharing, NTR and everything in between over the years.

In any case. My complaint is mostly focused on why they didn't use artificial insemination, yes, or rather, on the reasons they give the reader for not using it. Quite frankly, the MC did not care about ethical or religious reasons. His justification was purely that 1, he didn't want his wife to spend more time in the hospital, 2 that the chance of success was lower with someone that had his specific problem, 3 that because of his specific problem, there might be issues with the child itself even if it takes, 4 that he didn't want to give his wife false hope.

Now, reasons 2 and 3 might have some weight to them... but neither of them exclude the idea of using his brother as a Sperm Donor. Additionally, none of them are worse than literally getting another dude to fuck his wife, even if said other dude was his brother.

Also, as I said, the fact that neither the brother nor the wife commented on the possibility is simply bad writing. Obviously, for the smut to happen, they have to avoid artificial insemination... that doesn't mean that they have to half-ass it in a way that makes the character seem brain damaged. Likewise, with the part where the husband took so long to discover his condition and then immediately jumped into stupid shit without even trying anything in terms of treatment.

As for the time in which the story occurs... Eh. I don't think it's in the 70s or 80s. I don't think AS' writer thought that far, not to mention that they seem to have modern smartphones. At the very least, they have messaging, which wasn't introduced until 1992 (SMS). So that kind of sinks your theory pretty hard.

Either way, I still stand by my stance that the way they handled this was pretty dumb and that they could have made a bit more effort to make the whole thing less stupid. It's obviously STILL going to be pretty stupid. D'uh. But they could have made it a bit less stupid and more internally consistent.
Well on threads that get even more than 5 pages long your comment/review would be getting "lost" and btw reviews they don't have to be 20 rows long.

Yeah i think i saw you lately on a lot of threads of Atelier Sakura games, i get that you are binge reading them all in quick succession, if i were you i would slow down the pace since well they translate these games on a snail pace, so i would be "saving" some.
AS makes 12 games a year (1 a month) while for the fandom it would be a miracle for them to translate 6 a year, and for 2024 i personally think it's gonna be 3 this year.

Getting back into the main topic the writer glossing over their reasons for MC not wanting artificial insemination STILL doesn't make the general idea "dumb" nor makes the MC "braindead" since it doesn't have to get shoven into your face the pro and cons of art. ins. (including ethical, moral and religious reasons). That really is one of the best reasons i could find for the ntr to happen.
As for selecting the brother ... to each their opinion but i can get into the reason the game gave us of him wanting someone he could trust instead of some strangers (as for close friends at least ingame we didn't got a glimpse of them).

As for myself i read most of what you also read, but i read a lot more of rpgm of the ntr genre than you and let me tell you if you think the plot is dumb on the big titles that you read then delve into the rpgm games that don't have a tenth of the budget of AS games and then retalk to me about the storywriting

To finish i would like to tell you my scoring on the AS games that i've read (I'm gonna use the heroine name since some game titles are too long, if i only use the first name is because it is included in the game title *except for nene since she apperently has no last name)

Marina 8.5
1st 8
2nd 9
3rd 8+

Mariko 7.5
1st 7+
2nd 8-

Shiori 8+

Anri 7

Risa Sakurai 7

Honami Minagi 7

Emi Satou 8.5
1st 8
2nd 9-

Miina 4

Aina 7-

Emi (Emiri) Sayama 6

Nodoka Tsukayama 6+

Mia and Yumi 8-

Nitta Iroha 8.5

Saori Kawakita 8+

Hiyori Hanamori 6+

Aika Hanamura 6+

Sae Yamanaka 3

Nene 2

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
You can't get 5 full lines in that tiny window... and I definitely think that any useful review should have at least 2-3 paragraphs of text to be informative. Granted, that depends on the content. There's not much to review for something like this for example, but you need miles of text to give a proper informative review for a game like any of the Venus Blood games because they're complex on all levels.

As for other NTR works. I didn't list literally everything I played. As I mentioned before, there's a bunch of stuff I played that I didn't list because I don't remember or it didn't leave an impression. Or possibly didn't rate as NTR for me. There were some RPGM games that were very borderline for example that for me rated more as corruption than NTR. Or those crappy RPGM games from that one circle who's name I can't remember but has a very distinctive art-style that gets around a bit...

So eh, I've definitely seen worse for sure. But it's kind of like... just because one guy has two legs broken, and another guy has one leg broken, it doesn't mean that the guy with the one broken leg doesn't have a serious injury, y'know? It's that kind of thing.

As for me. I prefer consistency in my smut. If I have to make up excuses for the characters myself, then that's bad writing. Especially when it wouldn't have taken more than a few more lines of text to cover the holes I mentioned and make the characters more close to resembling actual human beings.

When it comes to AS VNs. It's ok if I run out of them. My backlog for hentai stuff is massive, and AS is, for the most part, the equivalent of fast food hentai for me. They're stuff I read, use up a bit, then forget about, with very little chance of me ever coming back to most if any of them. So if I run out of them, there's no big deal.

As for your ratings. Imma gonna shrug. Not sure how much I agree with some of those. A bunch I don't even remember any more. Also, it seems like you're missing Mayumi, which is interesting, since I thought that was one of the better ones. Even if I detract points for the smoking shite in that one... The second one did have a scene with 2 guys on one girl, so that automatically raises the rating for me. Same with the one with the high-school gal who's name I forget. XD

Kudoko

Apr 13, 2023
You can't get 5 full lines in that tiny window... and I definitely think that any useful review should have at least 2-3 paragraphs of text to be informative. Granted, that depends on the content. There's not much to review for something like this for example, but you need miles of text to give a proper informative review for a game like any of the Venus Blood games because they're complex on all levels.

As for other NTR works. I didn't list literally everything I played. As I mentioned before, there's a bunch of stuff I played that I didn't list because I don't remember or it didn't leave an impression. Or possibly didn't rate as NTR for me. There were some RPGM games that were very borderline for example that for me rated more as corruption than NTR. Or those crappy RPGM games from that one circle who's name I can't remember but has a very distinctive art-style that gets around a bit...

So eh, I've definitely seen worse for sure. But it's kind of like... just because one guy has two legs broken, and another guy has one leg broken, it doesn't mean that the guy with the one broken leg doesn't have a serious injury, y'know? It's that kind of thing.

As for me. I prefer consistency in my smut. If I have to make up excuses for the characters myself, then that's bad writing. Especially when it wouldn't have taken more than a few more lines of text to cover the holes I mentioned and make the characters more close to resembling actual human beings.

When it comes to AS VNs. It's ok if I run out of them. My backlog for hentai stuff is massive, and AS is, for the most part, the equivalent of fast food hentai for me. They're stuff I read, use up a bit, then forget about, with very little chance of me ever coming back to most if any of them. So if I run out of them, there's no big deal.

As for your ratings. Imma gonna shrug. Not sure how much I agree with some of those. A bunch I don't even remember any more. Also, it seems like you're missing Mayumi, which is interesting, since I thought that was one of the better ones. Even if I detract points for the smoking shite in that one... The second one did have a scene with 2 guys on one girl, so that automatically raises the rating for me. Same with the one with the high-school gal who's name I forget. XD
When it comes to Mayumi it is one of the ones I'm saving ...
You do know that you shouldn't bring up other games plots on another games threads due to spoilers right?
You don't want me spoilering the Marina games to you, right?
Look it is what it is, in the first place the reason why you bring up artificial insemination was because the game itself bought it up for you in the first place (and the game didn't need to do that in the first place. It is an eroge after all not a science/medical book).
That is such a TINY detail in the grand scheme to be so focusing upon .....

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
When it comes to Mayumi it is one of the ones I'm saving ...
You do know that you shouldn't bring up other games plots on another games threads due to spoilers right?
You don't want me spoilering the Marina games to you, right?
Look it is what it is, in the first place the reason why you bring up artificial insemination was because the game itself bought it up for you in the first place (and the game didn't need to do that in the first place. It is an eroge after all not a science/medical book).
That is such a TINY detail in the grand scheme to be so focusing upon .....
Ah. Sorry about that. I don't care about spoilers and often spoil myself on various things intentionally to decide if I want to check something out in the first place... and sometimes I forget that people are sensitive to these sorts of things in ways that I'm not.

As the artificial insemination being a small detail... Eh... I'll disagree on that. Any modern story that's set after 2000... and most of them will be like that because AS is lazy, have that on the table. If they didn't mention it at all, my suspension of disbelief would have been outright murdered, at least in a story where the focus is achieving a pregnancy. If you set something in a modern setting, you have to deal with the realities of that modern setting unless it's a clear alternate reality and whatnot. If this VN was set in say, feudal Japan or some fantasy setting, I wouldn't have questioned things at all.

Either way, details make or break a story easily. How much so depends on the audience. Obviously.

At the end of the day, we're each entitled to our opinions. One person's great story is another person's garbage. When it comes to these things, it's pure subjective experience. I can't turn my brain off enough to fully enjoy this story and consider the way a number of details were handled as poor writing. That doesn't mean that someone that can turn their brain off enough to ignore the gaping plot holes is wrong in an objective sense, it just means they have different needs than me.

I still stand by my stance that it'd have been very easy to fix things to avoid having the characters seem dumber than they already are. Just have the MC know about his issue for ~6 months before the story starts and put in that treatments to improve his condition don't seem to have worked, which increases the desperation. Make it so they already tried artificial insemination and it didn't take, or that the wife has some real or fictional condition that makes artificial insemination not work for her. It'd really be just a few more lines of text that would plug up this plot hole and it'd make the couple's desperation to have someone else outright fuck the wife that much more real. Hell, if they wanted, they could have said that the closest clinic that handled that sort of thing was very far from them because they live in the ass end of nowhere (and not 5 hours away from Tokyo or some such...) and that between the travel time and the expenses they couldn't afford to keep trying over and over again.

It's why it bothers me so much. Because it's an easy fix that takes like, 5 minutes to think about if you try. It's not hard.

Kudoko

Apr 13, 2023
Ah. Sorry about that. I don't care about spoilers and often spoil myself on various things intentionally to decide if I want to check something out in the first place... and sometimes I forget that people are sensitive to these sorts of things in ways that I'm not.

As the artificial insemination being a small detail... Eh... I'll disagree on that. Any modern story that's set after 2000... and most of them will be like that because AS is lazy, have that on the table. If they didn't mention it at all, my suspension of disbelief would have been outright murdered, at least in a story where the focus is achieving a pregnancy. If you set something in a modern setting, you have to deal with the realities of that modern setting unless it's a clear alternate reality and whatnot. If this VN was set in say, feudal Japan or some fantasy setting, I wouldn't have questioned things at all.

Either way, details make or break a story easily. How much so depends on the audience. Obviously.

At the end of the day, we're each entitled to our opinions. One person's great story is another person's garbage. When it comes to these things, it's pure subjective experience. I can't turn my brain off enough to fully enjoy this story and consider the way a number of details were handled as poor writing. That doesn't mean that someone that can turn their brain off enough to ignore the gaping plot holes is wrong in an objective sense, it just means they have different needs than me.

I still stand by my stance that it'd have been very easy to fix things to avoid having the characters seem dumber than they already are. Just have the MC know about his issue for ~6 months before the story starts and put in that treatments to improve his condition don't seem to have worked, which increases the desperation. Make it so they already tried artificial insemination and it didn't take, or that the wife has some real or fictional condition that makes artificial insemination not work for her. It'd really be just a few more lines of text that would plug up this plot hole and it'd make the couple's desperation to have someone else outright fuck the wife that much more real. Hell, if they wanted, they could have said that the closest clinic that handled that sort of thing was very far from them because they live in the ass end of nowhere (and not 5 hours away from Tokyo or some such...) and that between the travel time and the expenses they couldn't afford to keep trying over and over again.

It's why it bothers me so much. Because it's an easy fix that takes like, 5 minutes to think about if you try. It's not hard.
On the art. ins. I stand my ground on my argument and you stand on yours, enough about that, it went on long enough and I'm tired.

On the other hand about the spoiler thing i would suggest for you to edit out on this thread, and also on all the other AS game threads that you left your comment-review on, the spoilers of the other AS game plots.
You talk about the Mayumi story on the Mayumi thread, the Shiori story on the Shiori thread and so on

3.00 star(s) 3 Votes