SiJa

Feb 21, 2018
how to get yumiko naked in beach bar? she has always clothes and nothing triggers
I can't get Miriam to show off her legs to unlock the scene. I did the walk on the beach and climb the tower with her, but she always does the same thing. Can anybody help me
Check the phone section for the appointment/scene/event you want.
Make sure show hints is on.
Hover your mouse over the one you want and details about it will show on the right.
This also shows what requirements you need to get to trigger it.
Sometimes you need to do something with another girl before you can trigger it.
Or be at a certain time, or the girl wearing a certain outfit.
It will tell you what you need to trigger it
:)

Reactions: MarsUltor

SiJa

Feb 21, 2018
... ok how do I get sara to take the pills?
You don't, Sara chooses when she wants to take the pills, so is sort of a random event success.
You will know when she has taken them as she will also decide to have a change in outfit ;)

alfonsino1976

Sep 20, 2020
Check the phone section for the appointment/scene/event you want.
Make sure show hints is on.
Hover your mouse over the one you want and details about it will show on the right.
This also shows what requirements you need to get to trigger it.
Sometimes you need to do something with another girl before you can trigger it.
Or be at a certain time, or the girl wearing a certain outfit.
It will tell you what you need to trigger it
Thanks for the explanation, but it does not clarify the detail that helps me to unlock the scene

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I can't get Miriam to show off her legs to unlock the scene. I did the walk on the beach and climb the tower with her, but she always does the same thing. Can anybody help me
Thanks for the explanation, but it does not clarify the detail that helps me to unlock the scene
You MUST walk on the beach multiple times to see everything and advance to the self tan portion of the scene. Also, you must receive the pertinent sext from her.

BDMick

Nov 26, 2017
I encountered another mystery today when I checked the trophy section on my phone.

Eva is listed as my all time Wet T-Shirt and Butt Contest champion, which is definitely correct. I use these events as a simple means to have sex with her - as she is one of my favorite girls. The "contact data and interactions" section lists 36 penetration sex scenes (game day 254). As I had elevator sex with Eva only a handful of times, the number of contests she has won should be about 15 each.
Strangely, the number of contests that she has supposedly won is only 5 for the Wet T-Shirt Contest (see below) and 3 for the Butt Contest. Eva won the Wet T-Shirt Contest four times and the Butt Contest three times in my past four game weeks alone.
The numbers for the other trophies agree with the ones from the interactions section, however.
Furthermore, the runner-up girls have listed two and one victory, respectively. There is no girl listed as placed third in both contests.

Maybe I simply do not understand how the all time contests are counted or is there anything amiss in the code? Can anybody else check in their trophy list for such discrepancies, please?

1633177777876.png 1633177920288.png

SiJa

Feb 21, 2018
I encountered another mystery today when I checked the trophy section on my phone.

Eva is listed as my all time Wet T-Shirt and Butt Contest champion, which is definitely correct. I use these events as a simple means to have sex with her - as she is one of my favorite girls. The "contact data and interactions" section lists 36 penetration sex scenes (game day 254). As I had elevator sex with Eva only a handful of times, the number of contests she has won should be about 15 each.
Strangely, the number of contests that she has supposedly won is only 5 for the Wet T-Shirt Contest (see below) and 3 for the Butt Contest. Eva won the Wet T-Shirt Contest four times and the Butt Contest three times in my past four game weeks alone.
The numbers for the other trophies agree with the ones from the interactions section, however.
Furthermore, the runner-up girls have listed two and one victory, respectively. There is no girl listed as placed third in both contests.

Maybe I simply do not understand how the all time contests are counted or is there anything amiss in the code? Can anybody else check in their trophy list for such discrepancies, please?

View attachment 1432960 View attachment 1432961
BDMick you do like your stats and numbers :ROFLMAO:
I am sure you and Duckswim would have great conversations about percentages, statistics, probability, and other mathematical wonders.

Me, no interest in the numbers, never counted or wanted to know how many times with Amy, I just enjoy the ride, more interested in getting the actual rumpy-pumpy :p

Again would say a minor thing, but if Darkhound thinks it's worth the time to fix then he will have a look at it.

• Haha
Reactions: BDMick

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
Anyone else can't open the game?

It starts normally but then it crashes... no error message, nothing. Even the old, 3.0 version does that now which it didn't before I get 3.1 version (in separate folder). It started OK yesterday and I managed to play it but then once I closed it it can never start again. And nothing I can think of help, including completely turning off the PC...

That is the only Ren'py game that I can't start. All the others start as they should.

BDMick

Nov 26, 2017
BDMick you do like your stats and numbers :ROFLMAO:
I am sure you and Duckswim would have great conversations about percentages, statistics, probability, and other mathematical wonders.

Me, no interest in the numbers, never counted or wanted to know how many times with Amy, I just enjoy the ride, more interested in getting the actual rumpy-pumpy :p

Again would say a minor thing, but if Darkhound thinks it's worth the time to fix then he will have a look at it.
You are spot on, I like numbers and statistics. There are so many interesting things you can do with them :)
Writing code/apps is also something I do. And if there are discrepancies in the front-end, these may point to (serious) issues in the underlying code/back-end. So from a developer's perspective, it is always good to point out such things. Darkhound will decide when and if he will fix it. And that is perfectly OK.

Noticing such things does not prevent me from very much enjoying the ride that is Holiday Island as I think you know. Best game ever. :love:

Reactions: MarsUltor and SiJa

SiJa

Feb 21, 2018
Anyone else can't open the game?

It starts normally but then it crashes... no error message, nothing. Even the old, 3.0 version does that now which it didn't before I get 3.1 version (in separate folder). It started OK yesterday and I managed to play it but then once I closed it it can never start again. And nothing I can think of help, including completely turning off the PC...

That is the only Ren'py game that I can't start. All the others start as they should.
Persistent file problem that has been documents many times now... have a look at this recent post...

https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-island-v0-3-1-0-darkhound1.3782/post-6675680

SiJa

Feb 21, 2018
Game needs a unlocker. Ive not played for a year and hardly anything has changed.
If you have not played for a year and hardly anything has changed then you have no need for an unlocker as not much would be new or not already done from the last time you played :unsure:

Sandbox game, so an unlocker will do you no good in seeing all the content, as I keep saying...

If you want to see all the content you are going to have to play the game for yourself.

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Holiday Island [v0.3.1.0] [darkhound1] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC: 1,97 GB / 978 MB - HolidayIsland-0.3.1.0-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 1,93 GB / 943 MB - HolidayIsland-0.3.1.0-mac-crunched.zip

Download (PC/Mac): - -

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway! (y) Thanks! ;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

Tools:
UnRen v0.91 (Sam@f95zone) - YAC v3.1c (hngg@f95zone) - -

Last edited:

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
DELETE the Persistent file in these two folders (Save & AppData).
Try to start the game again.

Save folder... (Holiday Island/game/saves)
AppData folder (C: user/***/AppData/roaming/RenPy/Island-1499865023)*** your user id
That worked... Thank you once again.

Reactions: SiJa

yesbigman

Mar 24, 2019
the companion mod doesn't work. i get this when i click the mod in game

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 570, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "game/niceerotica_companion.rpy", line 80, in execute
File "game/niceerotica_companion.rpy", line 99, in execute
File "game/niceerotica_companion.rpy", line 101, in execute
File "game/niceerotica_companion.rpy", line 103, in execute
Exception: Imagebutton does not have a idle image. (auto=u'nemod/quick_home_%s.png').

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpyc", line 388, in script
!����P���v��qx�s�1�ps-b1�
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1969, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1957, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/statements.py", line 278, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 2983, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3101, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3512, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 567, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 432, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3512, in <lambda>
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 443, in per_interact
self.update()
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 631, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 952, in _imagebutton
idle = choice(idle, idle_image, "idle", required=True)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 946, in choice
raise Exception("Imagebutton does not have a %s image. (auto=%r)." % (name, auto))
Exception: Imagebutton does not have a idle image. (auto=u'nemod/quick_home_%s.png').

Windows-10-10.0.17134
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Holiday Island 0.3.1.0
Sat Oct 2 16:45:00 2021

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
the companion mod doesn't work. i get this when i click the mod in game

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpyc", line 388, in script
!����P���v��qx�s�1�ps-b1�
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1969, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1957, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/statements.py", line 278, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 2983, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3101, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3512, in interact_core
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 432, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3512, in <lambda>
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 443, in per_interact
self.update()
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 631, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 952, in _imagebutton
idle = choice(idle, idle_image, "idle", required=True)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 946, in choice
raise Exception("Imagebutton does not have a %s image. (auto=%r)." % (name, auto))

Windows-10-10.0.17134
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Holiday Island 0.3.1.0
Sat Oct 2 16:45:00 2021
You copied the mod files into the wrong folder.

HektorPlasm

Oct 29, 2020
I remember using a console code to change the "days on the island" number but I can't find it anymore. Could anyone please tell me what the console code is? And, is there any way to set a specific day of the week? Thanks in advance.

*quick edit* the code was still in the console's history lol. It's: gameday=*insertdaynumber*

4.00 star(s) 210 Votes