anon2002

Nov 30, 2018
If something like that happens again, please let me know. I can only fix something if I know that there is a problem :)
In case something like that happens again, open the console and type:
start_scene()
I had the thing happen with Ivy's reception bell easter-egg event too. The reception desk and her main reception sprite was overlaying her event images.

Also, when I got to the scene where you see Miriam and Mercedes' posters, Alice (who was on reception at the time) was peeking over the bottom edge of my screen: Alice peeking out.png

BitTorah

Sep 24, 2020
amazing update, love the new alice stuff

I wonder if we'll ever see a render of 4'11" yvette next to the MC or other girls when she's not wearing heels ;) I have a friend who's that tall - the idea of her with yvette-sized boobs is crazy haha

Reactions: MarsUltor

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
I had the thing happen with Ivy's reception bell easter-egg event too. The reception desk and her main reception sprite was overlaying her event images.

Also, when I got to the scene where you see Miriam and Mercedes' posters, Alice (who was on reception at the time) was peeking over the bottom edge of my screen: View attachment 1434817
Thanks for the heads-up. Both fixed. Will be part of the next update.

Reactions: anon2002

shinomond

Nov 21, 2017
I think it was mentioned with the rain implementation that would get looked at later but pool and beach events are triggering when it rains.

Jessica swimming at night in the pool and using a towel while its raining.

Pool Rain.png

• Thinking Face
Reactions: SiJa

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
I think it was mentioned with the rain implementation that would get looked at later but pool and beach events are triggering when it rains.

Jessica swimming at night in the pool and using a towel while its raining.

View attachment 1435011
Skinny dipping in the pool while it's raining :unsure:
Sound like fun to me.
Maybe instead of fixing it, Darkhound could make it into an alternate raining version :p

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017

On an island, Somewhere in the Pacific ...

Let it Rain

(***disclaimer***)
( This is FAN FICTION / FAN EDITED and no way represents any actual story from the game )

(Any similarity to any future story-line is coincidental)

EscapeEvade

Nov 23, 2017
Hmmm.... With Sara, I've met her at the bar 3-4 times now and even when I "hold her hand," which I've done every time, I am not getting that achievement for having done so... which I assume is necessary to advance to the next part of this storyline with her taking some supplement.

Scorpio1971

Jun 23, 2017
Gyz,I can't run the game .
My game log file gives this issue-

Mon Oct 4 01:21:03 2021
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Bootstrap to the start of init.init took 0.15s
Early init took 0.02s
Loader init took 0.21s
Loading error handling took 0.45s
Loading script took 7.09s

Am I the onlyone having this isue? :(
1456598_1633252015122.png

Last edited:

nikxxx

Jun 9, 2018
Any idea what I can do or what is the issue ?
So I was playing the game and everything was running smoothly. I had to write some mails so I quit the game for about 20mins or so and afterwards decided to play again, but when I click on the exe file cursor gives the indication of process loading for a sec and nothing after that. In task manager there is no process I tried running it as admin as well rebooted a pc made a fresh install but still nothing.

The log file -
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Bootstrap to the start of init.init took 0.09s
Early init took 0.00s
Loader init took 0.06s
Loading error handling took 0.25s
Loading script took 3.16s

No other error files there. I also tried the use_fixed_resolution_720.txt text fike solution just in case but didnt work.

Reactions: Scorpio1971

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
So I was playing the game and everything was running smoothly. I had to write some mails so I quit the game for about 20mins or so and afterwards decided to play again, but when I click on the exe file cursor gives the indication of process loading for a sec and nothing after that. In task manager there is no process I tried running it as admin as well rebooted a pc made a fresh install but still nothing.

The log file -
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Early init took 0.00s
Loader init took 0.06s

No other error files there. I also tried the use_fixed_resolution_720.txt text fike solution just in case but didnt work.
Look for post about "persistante file", notably from SiJa

Reactions: nikxxx

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
can someone help me i can't open/run the game on mac it doesn't open
my game wont start anymore. Yesterday it worked fine
I have the exact same issue.

The log file -
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Early init took 0.00s
Loader init took 0.06s

You really need to use search and also look back in the pages to find if others have had a similar problem and found a solution.
This is posted many times before...
It's the persistent file that is stored in your save game folder, which I can bet you copied over from your last game version.

To fix it...

DELETE the persistent file in these two folders (Save & AppData).
Try to start the game again.

Save folder... (Holiday Island/game/saves)
AppData folder... (C: user/***/AppData/roaming/RenPy/Island-1499865023)*** your user id

4.00 star(s) 211 Votes