Angus Bez

Dec 11, 2017
You beat me to the post LOL. I am amazed by how many people failed to install the latest version since this pops up every day and the answer is always the same.
I know!!! I could understand it when the link was via the Patreon site and hidden among all the pages - but now it's part of the OP... Well, words fail me!

Reactions: Bantry

Daniel33373

Sep 15, 2017
help the add on isnt working for me!!!!

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 188, in script call
call _gl_test
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 361, in script
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 361, in <module>
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 287, in _m1_00gltest__gl_test
_gl_performance_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 304, in _gl_performance_test
ui.interact(suppress_underlay=True, suppress_overlay=True)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'gui/window_icon.png'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "/Users/danielsimmons/Downloads/HolidayIsland 3.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 295, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "/Users/danielsimmons/Downloads/HolidayIsland 3.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/main.py", line 487, in main
run(restart)
File "/Users/danielsimmons/Downloads/HolidayIsland 3.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/main.py", line 147, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "/Users/danielsimmons/Downloads/HolidayIsland 3.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/execution.py", line 761, in run_context
context.run()
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 188, in script call
call _gl_test
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 361, in script
$ __gl_test()
File "/Users/danielsimmons/Downloads/HolidayIsland 3.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 814, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "/Users/danielsimmons/Downloads/HolidayIsland 3.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 1719, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 361, in <module>
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 287, in _m1_00gltest__gl_test
_gl_performance_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 304, in _gl_performance_test
ui.interact(suppress_underlay=True, suppress_overlay=True)
File "/Users/danielsimmons/Downloads/HolidayIsland 3.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ui.py", line 285, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "/Users/danielsimmons/Downloads/HolidayIsland 3.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 2494, in interact
self.start()
File "/Users/danielsimmons/Downloads/HolidayIsland 3.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 1686, in start
self.set_mode()
File "/Users/danielsimmons/Downloads/HolidayIsland 3.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 1916, in set_mode
if draw.set_mode(virtual_size, physical_size, fullscreen):
File "renpy/gl/gldraw.pyx", line 192, in renpy.gl.gldraw.GLDraw.set_mode (gen/renpy.gl.gldraw.c:2802)
renpy.display.interface.post_init()
File "/Users/danielsimmons/Downloads/HolidayIsland 3.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 1717, in post_init
self.set_icon()
File "/Users/danielsimmons/Downloads/HolidayIsland 3.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 1748, in set_icon
renpy.loader.load(icon),
File "/Users/danielsimmons/Downloads/HolidayIsland 3.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/loader.py", line 543, in load
raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'gui/window_icon.png'.

Darwin-17.4.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Holiday Island 0.0.8alpha_content_addon1

NStefanN

Feb 22, 2018
She has her regular bathing suit, regular bikini, tiny bikini, and the sling bikini. You need to know her measurements and weight for the sling to show up in the store app.
I have all Amy stats... but the sling swimsuit still is not in shopping app ...

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
anyone know the console command for Blue pills?
i seem to have broken the game and i can't get any blue pills.
im way too far to start a new game.

also how do you get the topless beach jogging scenes?
i tried waiting, jogging and tanning on the beach for 10 days... nothing.

we need a walkthrough

yellow01gt

Oct 9, 2017
anyone know the console command for Blue pills?
i seem to have broken the game and i can't get any blue pills.
im way too far to start a new game.

we need a walkthrough
------------

player.add_item("blue pill", 1)

hope this helps

--Jack

Reactions: fzdc

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017

we need a walkthrough
I'm guessing you mean the topless scenes with Alice. Have you 'searched' this thread? Have you looked at the hints on your phone? They are located within the lower left app on the phone's main screen. Bring up Alice and if a place holder is blank you can get hints as to what is needed to achieve each event, scene, appointment, etc. by mousing over each placeholder you haven't completed.

That event is wardrobe dependent and she must be the only girl on the beach. You'll also need binoculars.

Reactions: Angus Bez

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
help the add on isnt working for me!!!!

Holiday Island 0.0.8alpha_content_addon1
Perhaps it is because you are only running Addon 1. Have you downloaded and correctly installed Addon 2? To correctly install you must delete your 'cache' folder within the game. Instructions have been posted throughout this thread or you can find them on @darkhound1's Patreon page.
Code:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/holiday-island-0-17490113

Reactions: Angus Bez

NStefanN

Feb 22, 2018
I'm guessing you mean the topless scenes with Alice. Have you 'searched' this thread? Have you looked at the hints on your phone? They are located within the lower left app on the phone's main screen. Bring up Alice and if a place holder is blank you can get hints as to what is needed to achieve each event, scene, appointment, etc. by mousing over each placeholder you haven't completed.

That event is wardrobe dependent and she must be the only girl on the beach. You'll also need binoculars.
Do you know how hard is to take and search 138 pages ? Maybe if all the answer where all grouped was much easy . For example I'm stuck on swimsuit for Amy . even i have all her stats and already made sex with her . Also i cant trigger shower events with her alone. Only when is with Alice works

Angus Bez

Dec 11, 2017
Do you know how hard is to take and search 138 pages ? Maybe if all the answer where all grouped was much easy . For example I'm stuck on swimsuit for Amy . even i have all her stats and already made sex with her . Also i cant trigger shower events with her alone. Only when is with Alice works
Actually it's very easy searching this thread for info - the majority of us do it every day. The tools are provided for you in the search facility at the top of the page. I suspect you may have pissed off a lot of people now and will be needing to learn how to use that search box better....

NStefanN

Feb 22, 2018
I'm sorry to disapoint you.. but i did do advance search and didnt find an answer to my problem. If someone ask some help or advice , you are free to help OR NOT ! When i have nothing to SAY .. i keep QUIET , at least in my case !

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I'm sorry to disapoint you.. but i did do advance search and didnt find an answer to my problem. If someone ask some help or advice , you are free to help OR NOT ! When i have nothing to SAY .. i keep QUIET , at least in my case !
Do you need help in how to search? I ask, because I did a search for Amy Sling Bikini and received almost 25 different results dating back to early January. Half of them have step by step instructions. You say you can't get Amy's alone shower scene as Alice shows up. Have you tried sending Alice home so Amy is on the island by herself? One of the things that makes Holiday Island such a great game is that there are a lot of variables to it. Try different things and options.

Angus Bez

Dec 11, 2017
As @Bantry pointed out you can find out what you need using search. Had you approached with a better attitude I would have answered all your questions. As you want me to remain silent to your questions, from now on I shall remain....

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
I am finding the skimpy Bikini, Blue pill version of the Ivy breast bump diabolical difficult to spawn.
Problem is, only 1 blue pill, time limited effect and have to pop it in advance for a low random chance.

I am curious if there is a sure fire way to spawn it once all criteria is fulfilled, otherwise I suggest that it becomes it or the chance increases dramatically :)

The other blue pill variants are usually predictable allowing it to be popped in advance with a reasonable chance for an event. But this one, tricky, too tricky I believe.

Also having a 100 in all stat Ivy running around refusing to spawn that variant is borderline mental torture ;)

bartleby

Jun 11, 2017
I am finding the skimpy Bikini, Blue pill version of the Ivy breast bump diabolical difficult to spawn.
Problem is, only 1 blue pill, time limited effect and have to pop it in advance for a low random chance.

I am curious if there is a sure fire way to spawn it once all criteria is fulfilled, otherwise I suggest that it becomes it or the chance increases dramatically :)

The other blue pill variants are usually predictable allowing it to be popped in advance with a reasonable chance for an event. But this one, tricky, too tricky I believe.
I had a similarly frustrating experience. I tried to play the game without using any cheats, but this scene finally broke me. A week of doing nothing except masturbating constantly to farm blue pills so that I could run around trying to run into Ivy's boobs was pretty rough. Hell, even after I broke down and used the console to add 100 blue pills to my inventory, it still took forever for the scene to finally happen.

My suggestion for optimizing this encounter is to change it so that when it triggers there is a check to see if the MC has an active blue pill. If a blue pill is not active, and the MC has at least one in his inventory, change the first scene (where the MC is walking down the hallway) to one where he is standing in the hallway looking at one of the blue pills in his hand and thinking something along the lines of "Hmmm... forgot I had these. Maybe I should take one." This would be immediately followed by a choice to take a pill or not. If a pill is taken, the scene keeps going. If not, it ends there. This would allow players to make the same sort of choice they get when they walk by a girl's bedroom and hear moaning, the shower, etc.

Most importantly, it would allow players to meet the criteria for the scene just by having a pill in their inventory instead of having to win the in-game lottery of running into Ivy before a pill wears off.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
My suggestion for optimizing this encounter is to change it so that when it triggers there is a check to see if the MC has an active blue pill. If a blue pill is not active, and the MC has at least one in his inventory, change the first scene (where the MC is walking down the hallway) to one where he is standing in the hallway looking at one of the blue pills in his hand and thinking something along the lines of "Hmmm... forgot I had these. Maybe I should take one." This would be immediately followed by a choice to take a pill or not. If a pill is taken, the scene keeps going. If not, it ends there. This would allow players to make the same sort of choice they get when they walk by a girl's bedroom and hear moaning, the shower, etc. Most importantly, it would allow players to meet the criteria for the scene just by having a pill in their inventory instead of having to win the in-game lottery of running into Ivy before a pill wears off.
@Darkhound! has done a fine job of creating the game without adding more bloatware. No offense intended, but you do know there is a 'Save' function? So you know that the Ivy 'Breast Bump' with extras requires a Blue Pill and Skimpy Bikini. You've searched the thread and know that your lust has to be high, but low enough to allow for the added increase as the event triggers. @Darkhound! has already stated there is minor bug something to do with your lust level too high and that can prevent the scene reaching the correct ending which will be fixed in the next release.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand about the blue pill, etc. From previous posts in the thread it can be determined that there is no specific day or time that will trigger the event. Same with whether Ivy is alone or not. Although, personally I think your chances increase when she is alone. So you find Ivy alone at the gym and you ask her to change into her skimpy bikini and she says, "Sure" and leaves. Now here is the tricky part ... SAVE your game! Pop your one blue pill and head to your room. If all other elements are correct, lust, love, favor, etc. and the event triggers, success! If not reload your game from the save point and try again from the beach or pool. Still didn't get it? Try a different day or time. Heck, if you're quick, you might even get a chance to save the game as soon as the hallway appears on screen. This way you only need one blue pill and no other notices, options, questions, etc. have to be added to the game.

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
------------

player.add_item("blue pill", 1)

hope this helps

--Jack
thanks m8!

i did, seeing as how most of these are new, i doubt anyone has explained them on page 30 or whatever.
And they do not have hints.
Im referring to Jessica and Alice's "topless jogging" scenes and Yvette's reception scene.
I literally spent 5 hours running around on the beach and reception with 0 results.
I bought every item in the store.
I have all stats max on every girl
All are wearing skimpy bikinis

all im asking is for the OP or Dev to add a description or walkthrough for each scene. Because a lot of them are very cryptic.

Reactions: yellow01gt
4.10 star(s) 213 Votes