D

Deleted member 1313226

You must be at the pool. Yvette or Eva must be at the pool. Choose the sun lounger option. The event will happen randomly. There is a greater chance that you will be caught if other girls are there too. You want to be caught for the achievement to be counted, but have a high charm so that the girl doesn't get mad at you.
Check out my attached FAQ for many of these answers.
Spoilers!
That's a great FAQ, thanks. Only missing the... secret? optimized odds? of the dreaded Yumiko easter egg. I'm not sure what the dev is trying to teach me by having me flick quarters for hours at a time, but I'm sure I'll learn eventually.

Mar 28, 2019
I'm on day 38 and having a dinner date with Amy, but when i reach the end (Doesn't matter if I look at her face or her boobs), it comes up with an error message and i cant go any further with the game

This is the message

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'dinner_event_end'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\firelight\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0150-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.5.0-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 313, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\firelight\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0150-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.5.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 513, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\Users\firelight\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0150-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.5.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 139, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "C:\Users\firelight\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0150-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.5.0-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 876, in run_context
context.run()
File "game/script.rpyc", line 810, in script call
���$�z��xV�l��0_6'�o���B�����9~�a-��Q2hw�̬�����
File "game/appointments.rpyc", line 450, in script
[�Q���
File "C:\Users\firelight\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0150-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.5.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1631, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "C:\Users\firelight\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0150-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.5.0-pc\renpy\script.py", line 875, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.1.929
Holiday Island 0.1.5.0
Thu Apr 25 11:27:10 2019

Reactions: Sheknowsaboutyou

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I'm on day 38 and having a dinner date with Amy, but when i reach the end (Doesn't matter if I look at her face or her boobs), it comes up with an error message and i cant go any further with the game

This is the message

While running game code:

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\firelight\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0150-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.5.0-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 313, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\firelight\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0150-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.5.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 513, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\Users\firelight\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0150-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.5.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 139, in run
File "C:\Users\firelight\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0150-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.5.0-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 876, in run_context
context.run()
File "game/script.rpyc", line 810, in script call
���$�z��xV�l��0_6'�o���B�����9~�a-��Q2hw�̬�����
File "game/appointments.rpyc", line 450, in script
[�Q���
File "C:\Users\firelight\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0150-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.5.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1631, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "C:\Users\firelight\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0150-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.5.0-pc\renpy\script.py", line 875, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.1.929
Holiday Island 0.1.5.0
Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.1.929
Holiday Island 0.1.5.0

f95-Homer.png

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
Everyone check the About button before posting your question.
If you aren't running 1.5.1, then you need to update.
If you did update, and the opening screen says "1.5.1," you may still be running 1.5.0.
The most common problem seems to be running unren before the update.
Reload 1.5.0, update to 1.5.1, then check the About button to be sure you have updated.
This will fix many problems including the Ivy weightlifting error.

Now the tricky part:
You must download the quick fix file "appointments.rpyc" attached to this post and copy and replace that file in the games folder. That will get rid of the Amy end of dinner error.

Then you can add nemod and unren and run unren.
Good luck!

Reactions: junior366

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
I'd like to update my FAQ with the correct way to get Yumiko's Easter Egg. This is what I have, but I've only ever gotten the Easter Egg by accident and want to know if I'm correct.

40) How do I get Yumiko's Easter Egg?
When playing Quarters during Hot Shots, you need your shot to go long and right down the middle to go down Yumiko's dress and get a special scene. Once you start playing Quarters, save the game. When the hand turns green, click it. When the hand turns green again, click it again. Then wait until the hand is a fist and click it. Oh no, you missed! Reload and try again.

Reactions: brianiac

brianiac

Jan 1, 2019
I'd like to update my FAQ with the correct way to get Yumiko's Easter Egg. This is what I have, but I've only ever gotten the Easter Egg by accident and want to know if I'm correct.

40) How do I get Yumiko's Easter Egg?
When playing Quarters during Hot Shots, you need your shot to go long and right down the middle to go down Yumiko's dress and get a special scene. Once you start playing Quarters, save the game. When the hand turns green, click it. When the hand turns green again, click it again. Then wait until the hand is a fist and click it. Oh no, you missed! Reload and try again.
I gave up on this Easter Egg. Even with cheats enabled, I just couldn't get it.

Reactions: Puppet Master

Sinedio

Jan 28, 2019
Hi, there seems to be an issue when reloading a previous save after doing some "reading".

Code:

While running game code:
Exception: Required parameter location1 has no value.

Full traceback:
  File "E:\Games\F95Zone\HolidayIsland-0.1.5.0-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 313, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "E:\Games\F95Zone\HolidayIsland-0.1.5.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 513, in main
    run(restart)
  File "E:\Games\F95Zone\HolidayIsland-0.1.5.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 139, in run
  File "E:\Games\F95Zone\HolidayIsland-0.1.5.0-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 876, in run_context
    context.run()
  File "game/script.rpyc", line 890, in script call
    � qH��    g�v�(h
  File "game/pl_actions.rpyc", line 1186, in script
    �R��P�.j�=�ʡ�f�^u��y=�?�B�oRa�ش���#a7�?�������[4�|3����?ߢ��1o�n�[V(��#��Q��E��
  File "E:\Games\F95Zone\HolidayIsland-0.1.5.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 823, in execute
    values = apply_arguments(self.parameters, renpy.store._args, renpy.store._kwargs)
  File "E:\Games\F95Zone\HolidayIsland-0.1.5.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 154, in apply_arguments
    return parameters.apply(args, kwargs, ignore_errors)
  File "E:\Games\F95Zone\HolidayIsland-0.1.5.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 122, in apply
    raise Exception("Required parameter %s has no value." % name)
Exception: Required parameter location1 has no value.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.1.929
Holiday Island 0.1.5.1
Fri Apr 26 09:16:24 2019
It seems to bork the entire save. Have to jump to some other one before the one I wanted to reload.

Anyway, this game is quite fun. Thanks :)

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
Question: is it a known bug that when you do Jennifers 1st story multiple times you get multiple entries in the quest list? Did a search on the thread but nothing came up.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Version 0.1.6 beta - development news (updated 27/04/2019)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.1.6 beta) and the smaller updates towards it.

There will be smaller, more frequent content updates, called content addons. They will include bug fixes and new content as well.
The change log below is based on the beta 0.1.5.0 release.

0.1.5.2 beta will need 0.1.5 base files and it will include everything from 0.1.5.1 beta with all content addons and bug fixes.

The next release is 0.1.6.0 beta which will be another full update!
It includes some bug fixes and a lot of new content!
Sorry, but there is no other way, since the new animation control from the tech demo requires the latest version of Ren'Py (at least 7.2.2).

The update from 0.1.5.0 to 0.1.6 has 407 new renders, videos and sound files right now!

New features and content

Yvette gets a more explicit scene as one ending of the private dinner appointment --> will be part of 0.1.6 beta (still working on it)

Full "replay mode" added for certain scenes (Joy's office scenes right now) --> will be part of 0.1.6 beta

Yvette gets a quest "worried about her sister" --> will be part of 0.1.6 beta

Yvette gets an additional "special" arrival scene --> will be part of 0.1.6 beta

Yvette gets a short event where she visits the MC in his room (is the starting point for the dinner appointment) --> will be part of 0.1.6 beta

Faye gets an extended pull ups scene in webp format with animations and three different endings --> will be part of 0.1.6 beta

The game will get more than 20 background music and sound (sfx) files --> will be part of 0.1.6 beta

Yvette will get the images to play "Hot Shots" with her, including a "hot scene" --> will be part of 0.1.6 beta

You will be able to hide/show the left menu from anywhere in the game --> will be part of0.1.6 beta

Heather gets three extended pool pose options. Two will use the cool new animation control feature from the tech demo --> will be part of 0.1.6 beta

Heather gets the basic pool pose scene --> will be part of 0.1.6 beta

Yvette tells you the story about her first crush as part of the dinner appointment --> will bepart of 0.1.6 beta

Appointment with Yvette in the private restaurant with Yumiko as the waitress --> will bepart of 0.1.6 beta

Yvette gets a clothes selection scene for a private dinner --> will be part of 0.1.6 beta

Amy's pool pose scene will be updated and will get more renders and text. In addition, the scene will be in webp format at least 1920x1080 for all images. The achievements will also be updated to multi image format. --> will be part of 0.1.6 beta

Aly gets a quest for her fourth evening clothes, which she can use in the bar and to play “Hot Shots” --> will be part of 0.1.6 beta

Aly will get the images to play "Hot Shots" with her, including a "hot scene" --> will be part of 0.1.6 beta

Groping has been added to the "special" achievements. Also updating the special images will no longer reset them (like with the 0.1.5.1 update) --> will be part of 0.1.6 beta

Minor improvements and changes

Possibility to hide the left menu has been added --> will be part of 0.1.6 beta

More achievements have been changed to multi image format --> will be part of 0.1.6 beta

Save slots per page are now (4x3) instead of (3x2). Old save images won't look good (they are too big), but they are still useable. New save previews will look okay (they are smaller now) --> will be part of 0.1.6 beta

Jessica gets the 2 missing reception "breast flash" renders --> will be part of 0.1.6 beta

MC taking a shower has been moved to a new function that can be called now. it supports up to two individual "dream" images and two individual texts and has a shower sound effect. Also the old and the new player room are correctly supported. I will replace all the player shower scenes in the game over time. --> will be part of 0.1.6 beta

Amy gets a new dream image from the pool pose scene --> will be part of 0.1.6 beta

During the poker game entrance, the girl will be offered to call the mc by his first name, which she accepts --> will be part of 0.1.6 beta

Yumiko will be at the night bar on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday (it's an additional day - Friday, compared to older releases) --> will be part of 0.1.6 beta

Jennifer's gym scene achievements have been changed to multi image format --> will be part of 0.1.6 beta

Bug fixes

Faye's dress color when sitting in the restaurant has been fixed --> will be fixed with 0.1.6 beta

Fixed another bug in the nightbar last call scene. "NameError: name 'char1' is not defined" --> will be fixed with 0.1.6 beta

Fixed a bug in the nightbar last call scene. Could lead to strange crashes image not found from a different girl that had nothing do do with the scene --> will be fixed with 0.1.6 beta

In the "guess who" minigame the following error can occur: IOError: Couldn't find file 'appointments/Amy/Amy_dinner9_face.jpg’ --> will be fixed with 0.1.6 beta

ScriptError: could not find label 'dinner_event_end' --> Accidentially an old file got into the update to 0.1.5.1. Sorry for that. You can download the quick fix file "appointments.rpyc" attached to this post to get rid of the error --> will be fixed with 0.1.6 beta

Is the update going to break save games?:

0.1.6.0 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.

Estimated release dates:

0.1.6.0 beta -->
no idea yet

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
New special character preview (0.1.7 beta)

Hello guys and gals!
Today I want to introduce a new special character who will join the Island Crew in one of the next updates.
Her name is still a secret, as are some details about her exact role on the Island.
I'm goint to reveal some details about her:
  • She's going to be a special character and not a regular island girl
  • She didn't always look like she did now and I'm not talking about her childhood
  • She's even stronger than she looks
  • After the new girl has arrived, Faye or Yvette definitely no longer hold the crown for the "biggest butt" the Island has to offer
  • She's quite tall for a girl - almost 6'
  • Her measurements are 45.5-24.5-43.5
Thank you very much to my buddy greent64 from deviantart who created this lovely creature and was so kind to let me use her in the game.
If you want to see some more of her, feel free to visit his page on Deviantart and take a look around:

Here are some more previews of the new girl
Merian_lifeguard2.jpg Merian_lifeguard5.jpg Merian_lifeguard6.jpg

4.00 star(s) 210 Votes