darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
What you are experiencing is a source of favor which is not checking the maximum (function call). So it allows you to bypass the maximum value.

Then another source, which is checking the maximum, finds you are above and enforces the maximum.

Two options,
  • The first source should check the maximum
    • Reason : You should not be allowed to cross the maximum, it is unintended that you can (bug)
  • The first source should not check the maximum
    • Reason : It is in some situations possible to temporarily be above it (intended design)
Only Darkhound would know which one is applicable.

That said the implementation for correction is sound, it nukes excess favor and is a surprise for those using cheats
So that part works entirely as it should.
It's from the weekly changes. There was no check on the cap of 500. I have added this now.
So as long as you you don't cheat, it should no longer happen after 0.2.1.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Version 0.2.1 beta - development news (updated 07. May 2020)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.2.1 beta) and the smaller updates towards it.​
There will be smaller, more frequent content updates, called content addons. They will include bug fixes and new content as well.
The change log below is based on the beta 0.2.0.0 release.​
The next release is 0.2.1.0 beta which will be a full update for Windows, Mac and Android.
It will include a lot of new features and some bug fixes as well.
As of right now, the update from 0.2.0.0 to 0.2.1.0 has:
397 additional renders, videos or sound files
updated renders (Yumiko poker, Heather poker, Desire sexting)

New features and content
  • Desire will get the "heat" scene after the hotshots game --> still working on it
  • The game intro scene with Joy will be greatly improved. You will get preview images for all the girls and some personal information as well. In addition, for every choice (like breast size, etc.) the matching girls will be displayed --> still working on it
  • The main screen gets a really cool new intro video (made by a good friend) --> will be available with 0.2.1.0
  • Faye will get a beach pose scene in the evening when the sun sets with three achievements --> will be available with 0.2.1.0
  • Heather gets an "apology event" for the way she treated the MC during the second arrival scene --> will be available with 0.2.1.0
  • Heather gets a second arrival scene with two achievements --> will be available with 0.2.1.0
  • Yvette and Faye get a scene at the pool wearing the same bikini model --> will be available with 0.2.1.0
  • Heather gets a "Desires and Wishes" quest to obtain the "sexy nurse" outfit --> will be available with 0.2.1.0
  • Heather gets a second poker reward scene --> will be available with 0.2.1.0
  • Heather gets a poker reward scene --> will be available with 0.2.1.0
  • The "companion mod for Holiday island": gets a bigger update and will be available on my Patreon page together with 0.2.1 as a separate download --> will be available with 0.2.1.0
  • Heather gets the nightbar drink scene at the (standing at the bar) in the new outfit (two achievements) --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Heather gets a new "sexy nurse" outfit for the evening (basic renders) --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Yumiko gets a poker reward scene --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Desire will get the hotshots game scene in the nightbar --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Yumiko gets an improved poker appointment with new renders and text --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Eva will get the "heat" scene after the hotshots game --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Eva will get the hotshots game scene in the nightbar --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Yvette gets a package of scenes in the sauna (4 achievements) with several animations --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Mercedes gets a short scene in front of the sauna --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Yumiko can participate in the Wet-T contest now --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Mercedes can participate in the Wet-T contest now --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • The sauna will be available as a regular location you can go to --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Heather gets an improved poker appointment with new renders and text --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
Minor improvements and changes
  • The player gets an additional "perk" pick now. In addition to the old primary pick (strength, endurance, etc.), there is now a secondary pick as well, that will give half the bonus of the primary pick (this should make the game start easier) --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Eva gets three new sexting images (context related) and all her old sexting images will be upgraded to double resolution webp format --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Possibility to display an image on the phone during a scene/even has been added --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Possibility to receive message and display them during a scene/even has been added --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Heather gets a context related sexting image and a new dream image --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • After day 15 if you have at least 5 blue pills, you can exchange them against a pill of one of the other colors --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Hovering the mouse over Jennifer at the gym or the bartender in the night bar will show their stats now --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Brenda's photo studio appointment is repeatable now --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Desire's sexting images have been upgraded to 2560x1440 webp format and 4 new ones have been added --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Image quality of "wall images" in new player room has been greatly improved --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Hotshots now supports images in 2560x1440 size in addition to the old 1920x1080 image size --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • You will have twice the number of save game slots now. A scroll bar has been added to each "save page" --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
Bug fixes
  • Weight change event with Faye lead to a crash when Faye was not on the island --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.0
  • In the morning between 9 am and 10 am, the receptionist or room service girl was also at the beach --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.0
  • The new posing interface had some image sizing and text order inconsistencies --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.0
  • On some systems there are code conversion error with Renée during the update phase --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.0
  • If you missed an appointment from Joy's "Desires and Wishes" mailbox quest line, she will not send a new one and you can't get another one at reception --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.0
  • The weight lifting/bench presses workout did not increase the workout per week counter for some girls --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.0
  • If you missed the appointment to stay the night with Amy, she did not send a new one --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.0
  • Amy max love/affection quest line. There was a bug that could lead to a wrong quest sequence. You could do the arm wrestling before the massage, screwing up the quest line --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.0

Is the update going to break save games?

0.2.1.0 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.

Estimated release dates:

0.2.1.0 beta --> no idea yet

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
To spread the info a little.

The development news is grouped nowadays.
Which means all development info for all versions is under the same link.

If visiting the link maybe also a good time to sign up as a patreon for those who are not?
Lot to like and support, good and up to date info, lots of teasers and more, I know of nowhere else with such a level of fan service.

1588881389765.png

And of course Bantry makes a nice and color coded version here for the forum readers.

Last edited:

diddlys

Apr 6, 2018
View attachment 639912

Amy playing billiards (0.2.x preview)

Hello everyone!​
Since it has been some time that I posted a public image, here is Amy for you.​
The scene probably won't make it into 0.2.1, since there is still so much to do and I don't want to delay the release much longer.​
In case you were wondering, the billiard table is up the stairs in the night bar near the green room.​
I hope you like the preview.​

darkhound1
as this table is a Snooker-table the Balls have to be much smaller...sorry for my bad english,
regards

clowndarko0o

Aug 16, 2017
From the Island Location info, there should be a yoga session during Monday and Thursday Morning at the beach?
But it seems never trigger when i'm at the beach.
Any advice?

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
From the Island Location info, there should be a yoga session during Monday and Thursday Morning at the beach?
But it seems never trigger when i'm at the beach.
Any advice?
Doesn't happen when you're at the beach. You can see the session from the balcony of your new room, providing you have the hi-tech binoculars. If you haven't completed all the quests to open the new player's room or purchased the hi-tech binoculars you won't be able to go bird watching Monday and/or Thursday morning.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Doesn't happen when you're at the beach. You can see the session from the balcony of your new room, providing you have the hi-tech binoculars. If you haven't completed all the quests to open the new player's room or purchased the hi-tech binoculars you won't be able to go bird watching Monday and/or Thursday morning.
It works with the normal binoculars as well, but a little blury and with less zoom possibility.
You won't get the achievement if you do not have the h-tech binoculars, but you can still see the scene.

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
I didn't even notice it was a snooker table.
Is that so there's more room for the girls to pose on it?
Outside of Britain, is snooker that common?
All I ever see in the U.S. are pool tables.
Long ago, people had bumper pool tables in their homes, but that seems to have been replaced with foosball (neither one of these would be good to pose on).

Reactions: imzahai

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
Since we've had some people asking how to play poker, can a scene be added at the night bar where Jennifer teaches the PC how to play poker? Talk to her, and she pulls out a deck of cards to explain it. Buying chips for clothing would be hard to work in to the explanation, though.
Also, she could warn him that he better practice if he wants to be as good as she is.
Maybe after some time, she could offer him some tips on playing.
Maybe this is too much work.
Another way to do it would be to add a new subject to read about on the phone:
How to play poker or strip poker.
Tips for winning at poker.
How to mark cards and cheat at poker.
I could use some tips myself. I always lose to Jennifer and Joy unless I cheat.

Reactions: bomg

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Since we've had some people asking how to play poker, can a scene be added at the night bar where Jennifer teaches the PC how to play poker? Talk to her, and she pulls out a deck of cards to explain it. Buying chips for clothing would be hard to work in to the explanation, though.
Also, she could warn him that he better practice if he wants to be as good as she is.
Maybe after some time, she could offer him some tips on playing.
Maybe this is too much work.
Another way to do it would be to add a new subject to read about on the phone:
How to play poker or strip poker.
Tips for winning at poker.
How to mark cards and cheat at poker.
I could use some tips myself. I always lose to Jennifer and Joy unless I cheat.
I'd like to offer a different angle or perspective,

Use of explanations
In using time for explanations it is relevant to separate between what
  • the game establishes as new and thus in need of explanation
    • The intro, girls content, locations and so forth falls under this.
  • Is assumed to be general knowledge (of an adult western male, the Main Character)
    • Any 'same form as in the real world' or 'common knowledge in games' fall under this.
Poker being standard fare and highly established for the longest time in western gaming falls under the latter category. It is reasonably assume that if he engages in it, then he (read:we) knows (or finds out = google or asking).

Perspective
The game should not carry us on common realworld concepts, if nothing else because it consumes a limited resource (developer) when an unlimited (forums, internet, other) is already available.

Wrapping it into a girl session does not really change that it is an info or explanation dump and that the girl could have done something else with the renders or time.

Explanation dumps
Should occur at the beginning of the game as far as possible, the improved intro looks like it will cover all existing issues a new player could have and make a better game experience into the bargain (win - win).

For anything else? There is the forum (imo)

Last edited:

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
as this table is a Snooker-table the Balls have to be much smaller...sorry for my bad english,
regards
Correct, they appear to be 1/3-1/2 too large.

That said, it is not very important in game terms, many objects will have a somewhat different scale than their real life counterparts.

Also welcome to the forum, as long as people do an effort and are polite then we are a relaxed crowd and as you can see, are so lucky, that we have a ultra-competent and friendly developer in the form of Darkhound1 amongst us.

Last edited:

anon2002

Nov 30, 2018
I didn't even notice it was a snooker table.
Is that so there's more room for the girls to pose on it?
Outside of Britain, is snooker that common?
All I ever see in the U.S. are pool tables.
Long ago, people had bumper pool tables in their homes, but that seems to have been replaced with foosball (neither one of these would be good to pose on).
The standard slate-bed snooker/billiards table is 12 by 6 foot in size so you need a big room with a strong floor for it! I've got a 6x3" table myself and the balls are smaller for my table. I enjoy snooker far more than pool as it's much more challenging and tactical though i wouldn't mind pool if I were playing with any of the lovely Holiday Island girls :D .

Reactions: Puppet Master
Dec 7, 2019
The standard slate-bed snooker/billiards table is 12 by 6 foot in size so you need a big room with a strong floor for it! I've got a 6x3" table myself and the balls are smaller for my table. I enjoy snooker far more than pool as it's much more challenging and tactical though i wouldn't mind pool if I were playing with any of the lovely Holiday Island girls :D .
Boggles my mind that we are debating the size of balls on a snooker table now but by all means, carry on, Gentlemen.

4.00 star(s) 211 Votes