Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I encountered an crash shortly after startup.
I tried to reinstall completely, but same error keeps occuring. I can't seem to reach the savegames or the preference page from startpage, the window get enlarged a bit, but nothing loads.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Any help how to fix this?
Heavy Sigh.

Download the Guide and read page 8. It will tell you all about the resolution fix and direct you to apply the already posted fix.

Last edited:
Reactions: yankeeInKy

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Bantry yankeeinky Cut 'em some slack. It's their first post and it's not a sleeper account. At least they picked a decent game!

Thrixxx If you have problem (error/FAQ/etc) with a game, within that game's thread go all the way up top and click the Search box:
1595202437632.png

Fill in the search box with some keywords (or a phrase) and click the search button (DON'T hit enter!). Try to look past the "we already answered this" posts (Bantry et al can't help themselves sometimes;)), and usually the answer will be there in the results.

EDIT: Also, check the Opening Post (OP). Usually big things like the resolution bug will be addressed there as well.

Reactions: junior366

yankeeInKy

Mar 1, 2020
Bantry yankeeinky Cut 'em some slack. It's their first post and it's not a sleeper account. At least they picked a decent game!

Thrixxx If you have problem (error/FAQ/etc) with a game, within that game's thread go all the way up top and click the Search box:
View attachment 737141

Fill in the search box with some keywords (or a phrase) and click the search button (DON'T hit enter!). Try to look past the "we already answered this" posts (Bantry et al can't help themselves sometimes;)), and usually the answer will be there in the results.

EDIT: Also, check the Opening Post (OP). Usually big things like the resolution bug will be addressed there as well.
Ok Zen we agree with choice of game but..lol. The the search box is marked "search" I'm gonna pull a Bantry here "Heavy Sigh"

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
That's why there is a Guide linked on the OP. While it doesn't cover everything, it does cover about 98%. There's even entire sections on how to install the game, bugfixes, use this forum, search, and so on.

As the old saying goes, 'When all else fails, read the directions.'

Reactions: SiJa

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Ok Zen we agree with choice of game but..lol. The the search box is marked "search" I'm gonna pull a Bantry here "Heavy Sigh"
Hey, nobody's "Zone Etiquette" is perfect in the first month. And if no one mentions the search, it may be legitimately unknown.

Keep up the heavy sighs and I'll tell Alice you've got someone else in your room!

yankeeInKy

Mar 1, 2020
Hey, nobody's "Zone Etiquette" is perfect in the first month. And if no one mentions the search, it may be legitimately unknown.

Keep up the heavy sighs and I'll tell Alice you've got someone else in your room!
That sir is sooo wrong lol.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
youre-kidding-right-12479713.png

That's a valid point. On the other hand, if one downloads the Guide and reads page(s) 27 and 28, the F95Zone Forum is discussed as well as directions on how to conduct a search, what to do if an error is encountered and more.

So my question is, 'Which seems easier?' Post a question and hope someone is online that can answer it correctly and gives a polite, patient answer as opposed to snarky as you suggested happens often, or read a few pages that have everything from downloading, installing the game, upgrades, bugfixes, mods, How to play, what the controls are, how to use this forum, error reporting, how to use the phone to aid the player in completing all achievements and so on.

If they are really desperate/lazy or whatever is the proper term, there is even a section called 'Spoilerland' that provides step by step instructions for completing the majority of achievements.

So yes, I will continue to express 'Heavy Sighs' and try and 'cut some slack' as you suggest, while I provide answers to questions that have been asked and answered eleventy-billion times already and the answers are readily available in one location. Myself, MonseurX, Puppet Master, Yankeeinky, just to name a few, will be happy to accept you into the ranks of 'Go To Members For Answers'. Just let us know which shift(s) you will be available.

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
... snip ...
Bantry - You are of course correct. I'm sure at some point helpfulness devolves into "RTFM!", with additional optional exclamations, for everyone. Typical fool me once/twice thing.

For the record, I love your guide (we discussed Amy vs. Aly as plane girl once), and you are actually better at the patience-thing than most people with repetitive questions. (Notice - Delizia's speed dial was NOT threatened in the banter ;)).

I'm just babbling to let you know I actually appreciate the help and guidance you provide. Because that reading shit is hard.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Reading.png

Many have added their input to the contents of the Guide. We all agree on accepting suggestions on how to make it better. Well with the exception of a step by step walkthrough. Have to draw the line somewhere.

Beat.png

Reactions: junior366

80b-omb08

Jun 30, 2020
I don't know if anyone has already asked this but I was wondering what all a person would need if they wanted to make a mod to add more girls to the roster?

yankeeInKy

Mar 1, 2020
I don't know if anyone has already asked this but I was wondering what all a person would need if they wanted to make a mod to add more girls to the roster?
Darkhound the creator of the game pretty much gets final say on all things. Girls, content etc. A mod is already built into the game. You could suggest those things like say a scene mod for example if you want.

Reactions: brianiac

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Darkhound the creator of the game pretty much gets final say on all things. Girls, content etc. A mod is already built into the game. You could suggest those things like say a scene mod for example if you want.
What yankeeinky said, but I'm curious as to what the advantage would be to add more girls to the roster? Do you mean more girls overall or more girls on the island at one time? Counting the four 'staff' girls, (Jennifer, Miriam, Mercedes and Yumiko) there are usually 13 girls on the island at any given time to interact with. The developer has already said he has plans to introduce a new girl or two, but they will not be regulars.

https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-island-v0-2-1-1-beta-darkhound1.3782/post-3774494

Awhile back, there was actually a study done or maybe it was a competition, as to the number of times you could have sex in one day. I forget what the finally record was, but as there are only 24hrs. in a day it was limited. So again, what exactly would be the purpose and benefit of such a mod?

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
No offence but just forget the idea of a mod with more character, it's not realistic.
Without taking into account that one must be fluent in renpy and understand the game code, Darkhound would have to give his girls morphing settings and all his "creator tricks". Then you will have to integrate the mode into the game which I suspect will be a nightmare by itself.
And I'm not talking about all the requests for help for the mod that will ensue.

Reactions: Bantry

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
Just to state at the beginning of this these are my opinions and answers to your question, and may or may not be different to the creator of this game Darkhound who in the end makes the decisions on how development of the game is in future.

Creating a mod to add girls to the roster will not happen, the game has lots of girls already, catering for various user preferences and styles.

Each of these girls is, if your a Patreon, voted on and the high ranking ones get the more content created and preference for future development.

To add more girls (which some new ones in the next update are being added, although for the moment are considered to be staff, so how much interaction and sex you have with them is not yet known) is dependent on the game mechanics, and how it will work with more girls.

Personally I would like to see a new vote added, for all Patreons, of all Patreon tiers , to vote on the users top 3 girls, including the ones considered to be staff, and this used to give a new count, on which tier a girl is in, and priority for the future development.

But in the end its up to Darkhound weather he wants to add more girls or not.

Hope this answers your question :)

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
Being the Stepsister of my No. 1 Alice is a close No.2 in my ranking. ;)

Last edited:

yankeeInKy

Mar 1, 2020
Oh don't you patronized me lol. I think Bantry is in on this cause he found out I sent home his beloved Delizia for Yvette before she could unpack or even get sandwich. Shhhh mums the word :sneaky:

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: SiJa and Bantry
4.00 star(s) 211 Votes