norb82

Sep 19, 2018
This was my first non-flash adult game, and the first one that I was a Patreon of. I've been into it for along time too.
I think the best game here, for its sandbox conception and enjoyable playtime... I have enough of storyline games, where you choose from 3 almost completely the same answer, but only one gets you to happen something, and you need to find the right answer for 8-10 questions (again, almost the same...) and 90% of your gameplays are that the girl gets angry and nothing happens.

HI is so much better :)

Vince Red

Oct 3, 2020
Fan art : Vampirella Kitsch (Delizia)
View attachment 941504

Heather cowgirl Render
View attachment 941505
(which may have been posted before, but I cannot find when I did)
(So posted now/again to make sure & moved to my posted folder to settle that)
Bantry, will love you because of the Delizia render.

Cowgirl Heaher. Is this a case that Bantry would recommend looking for? ;)
You've posted it with this 3 times, and all 3 times it's a pleasure to watch.

Edit: Heather cowgirl vs Eva. (Eva win) https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-island-v0-2-3-2-beta-darkhound1.3782/post-4637676

Annabelle, Aurelie, Heather https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-island-v0-2-3-2-beta-darkhound1.3782/post-4549380

Last edited:

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Bantry, will love you because of the Delizia render.

Cowgirl Heaher. Is this a case that Bantry would recommend looking for? ;)
You've posted it with this 3 times, and all 3 times it's a pleasure to watch.

Edit: Heather cowgirl vs Eva. (Eva win) https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-island-v0-2-3-2-beta-darkhound1.3782/post-4637676

Annabelle, Aurelie, Heather https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-island-v0-2-3-2-beta-darkhound1.3782/post-4549380
Thanks, that explains it.
The others were teasers and this is the full one, so all good

Vince Red

Oct 3, 2020
Thanks, that explains it.
The others were teasers and this is the full one, so all good
Now that you mention it, I have Heather on the "Duckswim Cowgirls" panel because I think I got it from your Deviant art page.
That's why it sounded like me to have seen it complete

jimmyjoo

Jun 28, 2019
I think the best game here, for its sandbox conception and enjoyable playtime... I have enough of storyline games, where you choose from 3 almost completely the same answer, but only one gets you to happen something, and you need to find the right answer for 8-10 questions (again, almost the same...) and 90% of your gameplays are that the girl gets angry and nothing happens.

HI is so much better :)
I also really like the game. The one improvement I would make, however, is to retune the MC's and girls dialogue. He's such a wimp that it makes much of the dialog very boring.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I also really like the game. The one improvement I would make, however, is to retune the MC's and girls dialogue. He's such a wimp that it makes much of the dialog very boring.
Wait there's dialogue?!?!?!? Do you buy Playboy to read the articles? That's not a snarky reply, but you're critique seems kind of nitpicky, especially since the game is in English, which is not the developer's native tongue.

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
Yeah, I really wish that the MC would become more confidant as the game progresses, and that he and the girls would feel more comfortable with each other. It would be great if one of the stats controlled or effected that. As it stands, he can have spent months with a girl, seen her naked over an over, and still seem scared to go near her.

jimmyjoo

Jun 28, 2019
Wait there's dialogue?!?!?!? Do you buy Playboy to read the articles? That's not a snarky reply, but you're critique seems kind of nitpicky, especially since the game is in English, which is not the developer's native tongue.
If dialogue not an issue, and you're just trying to get to the end, why spend so much time on needless teasing that this game relies on?

jimmyjoo

Jun 28, 2019
Yeah, I really wish that the MC would become more confidant as the game progresses, and that he and the girls would feel more comfortable with each other. It would be great if one of the stats controlled or effected that. As it stands, he can have spent months with a girl, seen her naked over an over, and still seem scared to go near her.
Completely agree. If he started out that way and then eventually grew a spine, that would be awesome.

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Wait, he's NOT? Had me totally fooled.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
That's one of the things that can't be done when you have a sandbox game, where you can do scenes in more or less any order you want to.
The dialogue is what it is in a certain scene. So his personality stays consistent and doesn't change much throughout the game.
There is no other manageable way to do it. He already is more confident in scenes that can only be done when the girls have high stats. But only up to a certain extend. He doesn't turn into a playboy all of a sudden. That's just not who he is.
It doesn't have much to do with native english or not.
As Bantry mentioned, a lot of the more generic dialogue is just filler text.
Most of the scenes, events, etc. that have been added later do not have generic dialogue parts. So the conversations are more meaningful and more like real persons would act and react. If you think these are boring too, then HI probably isn't the game for you.

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
That's one of the things that can't be done when you have a sandbox game, where you can do scenes in more or less any order you want to.
The dialogue is what it is in a certain scene. So his personality stays consistent and doesn't change much throughout the game.
There is no other manageable way to do it. He already is more confident in scenes that can only be done when the girls have high stats. But only up to a certain extend. He doesn't turn into a playboy all of a sudden. That's just not who he is.
It doesn't have much to do with native english or not.
As Bantry mentioned, a lot of the more generic dialogue is just filler text.
Most of the scenes, events, etc. that have been added later do not have generic dialogue parts. So the conversations are more meaningful and more like real persons would act and react. If you think these are boring too, then HI probably isn't the game for you.
Thank you for the response! I don't think that the game is boring at all. Just throwing out an idea I had after playing it a whole lot. Thank you for letting me know the details of why things work the way that they do.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Technical constraints aside, once used to it, I see it as part of the game's charm actually.

Holiday Island is of course an adult game and as such involves a number of tropes and what not (attractive women being interested in the player, tolerating the presence of other women, male exceptional in bed etc).

But at the end of the day and stripping away the pure adult game parts, it leans towards real life, mixes it up with some fun where it can and try to keep a fairly decent standard for behavior towards others.

The type of girls here are used to all sorts of more smooth/"player" types of men, they are mostly "immune". So unless they happen to have a personal preference for it? Don't care or may even dislike it.

Here they are on a unique Island, have an internal competition with other exceptional women and the toy available for their competition is boy'ishly cute, a good sport when they tease him, always happy to see and be with them.

They are most likely quite pleased with him being like that all said and done.
It makes their game much more fun.

Last edited:

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Version 0.3.0 beta - development news (updated 13. of December 2020)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.3.0 beta).

The change log below is based on the beta 0.2.3.0 release.
The next main release is 0.3.0 beta which will be a new full update for Windows, Linux and Mac. It will include a lot of new features and some bug fixes as well.
As of right now, the update from 0.2.3.0 to 0.3.0 has:
235 additional renders, videos or sound files
updated renders

New features and content
  • A new location, the underground lab and infirmary will be introduced with two new special characters --> still working on it
  • A new scene when the MC jogs at the beach and hurts himself will be added. It's a scene with Miriam that leads to the discovery of the underground lab --> still working on it
  • Yvette gets another appointment at the beach during sunset --> still working on it
  • Desire gets a new arrival scene that replaces the old one --> still working on it
  • Yvette's pole dance scene has been completely redone with high res images. It has two achievements now and is completely non generic --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Aly gets a random event in her room with three achievements, that involves different cosplays and some intimate actions --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • A new special action (pose butt) has been added for Amy, Alice and Jessica. More character will follow later --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Natasha gets a second arrival scene with a new "on the plane" story and some additional renders --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Natasha's arrival scene has been re-rendered in 2560x1440 and some new images have been added. The dialogue is now also completely different between the first and later arrival scenes --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Yvette gets a new scene when she's standing in her door wearing just a towel --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Alice gets and additional strength training appointment that is repeatable --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Alice's event where she's struggling with the weigths at the gym has been completely remade. There is also an achievement now --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Alice will get an update for her strength training appointments. All images will be re-rendered in 2560x1440 webp format --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
Minor improvements and changes
  • Image quality when special actions like groping etc. are shown on the phone has been improved --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Natasha gets two new sexting and three new dream images --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • The phone gets a new character overview screen with more information and direct (1 click) access to all girl related data and achievements --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
Bug fixes
  • When you already have an appointment for the next day and stay up until after 02:00, none of the actions in the player room is useable --> will be fixed with 0.3.0.0
  • When the doctor is talking, sometimes a wrong name is displayed --> will be fixed with 0.3.0.0
Is the update going to break save games?

0.2.3.2 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.
0.3.0.0 beta --> same as for 0.2.3.2​

Estimated release dates:

0.2.3.2 beta --> available since 11th of october from the main page, or the links in this post:
0.3.0.0 beta --> no idea yet
Now before you start complaining that there hasn't been an update released in a while, or that it doesn't seem like there is much movement with regards to the new content, keep in mind that Holiday Island is a HOBBY for darkhound1. There is also a world-wide pandemic going on. Since he is a very talented IT professional, his real-life job has had its workload increase dramatically. He is now spending 50+ hours a week trying to meet the demands of his main job.

As you might imagine, it doesn't leave a lot of energy or motivation to work on the game, especially in the precious hours he gets away from a computer screen. Whereas before, he could carve out an additional 20-30 hours a week to work on the game, he is now lucky to manage 5-8 hours. That isn't an excuse, but the reality of the way things are right now. It's not like he can tell his boss or family, "Sorry, I have no more time available for you, because I have a bunch of patrons and followers sitting around with there dicks in their hands, waiting on an update."

Implementing new elements of the story (like new locations, characters, etc.) takes time. Especially when one is trying to maintain the high standards that already exist in Holiday Island. Or would you prefer he just slap some half-ass crap together just to release something? The update will be released when it is released. No idea, means no idea!

Stay safe everyone and have a Happy Holidays!
Bantry

p.s. The semi-rant above, is all mine.

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
Version 0.3.0 beta - development news (updated 13. of December 2020)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.3.0 beta).​
The change log below is based on the beta 0.2.3.0 release.
The next main release is 0.3.0 beta which will be a new full update for Windows, Linux and Mac. It will include a lot of new features and some bug fixes as well.
As of right now, the update from 0.2.3.0 to 0.3.0 has:
235 additional renders, videos or sound files
48 updated renders

New features and content
  • A new location, the underground lab and infirmary will be introduced with two new special characters --> still working on it
  • A new scene when the MC jogs at the beach and hurts himself will be added. It's a scene with Miriam that leads to the discovery of the underground lab --> still working on it
  • Yvette gets another appointment at the beach during sunset --> still working on it
  • Desire gets a new arrival scene that replaces the old one --> still working on it
  • Yvette's pole dance scene has been completely redone with high res images. It has two achievements now and is completely non generic --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Aly gets a random event in her room with three achievements, that involves different cosplays and some intimate actions --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • A new special action (pose butt) has been added for Amy, Alice and Jessica. More character will follow later --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Natasha gets a second arrival scene with a new "on the plane" story and some additional renders --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Natasha's arrival scene has been re-rendered in 2560x1440 and some new images have been added. The dialogue is now also completely different between the first and later arrival scenes --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Yvette gets a new scene when she's standing in her door wearing just a towel --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Alice gets and additional strength training appointment that is repeatable --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Alice's event where she's struggling with the weigths at the gym has been completely remade. There is also an achievement now --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Alice will get an update for her strength training appointments. All images will be re-rendered in 2560x1440 webp format --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
Minor improvements and changes
  • Image quality when special actions like groping etc. are shown on the phone has been improved --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Natasha gets two new sexting and three new dream images --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • The phone gets a new character overview screen with more information and direct (1 click) access to all girl related data and achievements --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
Bug fixes
  • When you already have an appointment for the next day and stay up until after 02:00, none of the actions in the player room is useable --> will be fixed with 0.3.0.0
  • When the doctor is talking, sometimes a wrong name is displayed --> will be fixed with 0.3.0.0
Is the update going to break save games?
0.2.3.2 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.
0.3.0.0 beta --> same as for 0.2.3.2​

Estimated release dates:
0.2.3.2 beta --> available since 11th of october from the main page, or the links in this post:
0.3.0.0 beta --> no idea yet
Now before you start complaining that there hasn't been an update released in a while, or that it doesn't seem like there is much movement with regards to the new content, keep in mind that Holiday Island is a HOBBY for darkhound1. There is also a world-wide pandemic going on. Since he is a very talented IT professional, his real-life job has had its workload increase dramatically. He is now spending 50+ hours a week trying to meet the demands of his main job.

As you might imagine, it doesn't leave a lot of energy or motivation to work on the game, especially in the precious hours he gets away from a computer screen. Whereas before, he could carve out an additional 20-30 hours a week to work on the game, he is now lucky to manage 5-8 hours. That isn't an excuse, but the reality of the way things are right now. It's not like he can tell his boss or family, "Sorry, I have no more time available for you, because I have a bunch of patrons and followers sitting around with there dicks in their hands, waiting on an update."

Implementing new elements of the story (like new locations, characters, etc.) takes time. Especially when one is trying to maintain the high standards that already exist in Holiday Island. Or would you prefer he just slap some half-ass crap together just to release something? The update will be released when it is released. No idea, means no idea!

Stay safe everyone and have a Happy Holidays!
Bantry

p.s. The semi-rant above, is all mine.
No rant Bantry, just stating the facts of life. I know as I am an IT professional too, living in a country next to Darkhound's.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Now that you mention it, I have Heather on the "Duckswim Cowgirls" panel because I think I got it from your Deviant art page.
That's why it sounded like me to have seen it complete
Very likely, I do not synchronize what is released where or when.

There is not much overlap anyway between the viewers of the two places (on purpose, I like it that way, my DA is a dusty little place and thats just fine. More room for experiments and what not).

I have a setup for tracking things, but Heather got me a bit in doubt (my normal pattern of reactions around redheads :p )

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Your graphic card is an Intel(R) HD Graphics 630 from what DuckSwing said.
I realize this is a bit late, but DuckSwing?
Swinging with Ducks ... that's Duck endangerment :eek:

Ducks swim, gracefully I might add.

We sorta "flow" over the surface of the water in a way which makes busty girls just want to hug and snuggle us real tight (We take a deep breath just before it happens, not much oxygen in there, also we try to avoid Faye :p)

4.00 star(s) 215 Votes