ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
"Lay down your arms, as we laid down ours, where our forefathers have laid theirs before; lie here on the sacred ground, where we lay, as our forefathers have lain before. Let us seek the truth in the stars, and the wisdom in our souls, to end this conflict of old."

Last edited:

rooney10

Apr 29, 2018
Yeah, maybe you can spell chamomile, but how many people on this forum know the difference between lie and lay? Considering what this game is about, you'd think we'd all know the difference.
I have a FULL SAVE with my name on it for each person who can correctly use lie/lay/lain and lay/laid/laid in a sentence!
I can't remember the last time I got LIED, but I can DEFINITELY remember the last time I got LAID.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
I really really really wish Yumiko was one of the main girls. I would give BOTH my testicles for that. But sadly, she is just a side character that has next to no content and that makes me sad....
Understandable, but there is actually no reason to wish for that.
She'd not be better off as a girl that could be invited.
  1. For starters, she'd not be in the game at all, she lost her poll to Natasha.
    • She is there because Darkhound added her as a special (diversity).
  2. Invite girls needs to be insanely popular in order to afford the luxury treatment needed
    • Which is why all girls since 2018 have been specials, the installation and upkeep costs are way too high
So no, Yumiko's problem is not that she is a special.
Her real problem is she entered the game too early.

Some ancient lore to explain what that means,

Ancient lore (dusty too)
Yumiko lost to Natasha, who became the invite girl.
Unsurprising Yumiko ranked below Natasha (and others) once in the game.

What Yumiko really wanted
More time in the oven, more iterations, to be able to beat Natasha (and others). But Yumiko had too many renders to be taken out and overhauled by the time all that became clear

Best that could be done was some improvements (donated by Sakura) that kept her aligned with Yumiko classic, but allowed an improved version to replace the classic in newer content.

For more content in general see the Darkhound cloning program (pending) and the Spawn more Darkhounds initiative (time machine pending) by Joy labs.

Last edited:

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
All this chat about lie/lay/lain/lay/laid/laid :ROFLMAO:
Reminded me of a Bob Dylan cover...

Ok, what you've said needs some correction.

1) Dylan did not cover the song, he wrote it. He did play it for Johnny Cash and The Everly Brothers in the 60's when he was working on it. The Everly Brothers did a cover of it in the 80's and a lot of people think it was their song first, but it was Dylan's all the way. Kris Kristofferson was a janitor at the studio at the time and held the bongos for the drummer.

2) "Lay, lady, lay. Lay across my big brass bed." is wrong, but it's hard to tell what he means by "Lay, lady, lay." Though it should definitely be "Lie across my big brass bed." The lady should ask, "What object do you want me to lay across your bed?" However, can you imagine how bad it would be to make the song, "Lie, lady, lie. Lie across my big brass bed?" Dylan is wrong, but he gets a pass because he's a poet.

The song was also a favorite of singer Madonna, "I used to listen to that one record, 'Lay Lady Lay', in my brother's bedroom in the basement of our house," she recalled. "I'd lie on the bed and play that song and cry all the time." Note how she uses lie correctly here.

Kudos for picking one of the hardest poems to correct for misuse of the word lay,
but NO SAVE FOR YOU!

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
Ok, what you've said needs some correction.
No correction required.
The link is to Magnet & Gemma Hayes cover of Lay Lady Lady.
Knew Bob Dylan wrote it... So "reminds me of a Bob Dylan cover" and link to a cover version is correct.

"The lay of the land was intregeing, as I was lying on my bed reading posts about getting laid on my big brass bed. Maybe having a ly in tomorrow will lay to rest all this talk, or I could be lying"

;)

Last edited:

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
Ha Ha!
Sorry! I didn't even know there was a link!
I'll check it out.

I did enjoy finding out that Kris Kristofferson held the bongos, though.
Edit: I listened to the song again and focused on the drums. The drummer had trouble coming up with percussion for the song. Dylan said bongos and the producer said cow bell. The drummer said, "Let me show you how bad that will sound." His first take became the track they used, and it became the drummer's favorite performance. I never noticed the bongo & cow bell thing before, but it's terrific!

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2019
I think the explanation is far less complicated : she is the least liked girl. If she was a tier 1 or 2, regardless of her size, she would get tier 1 or 2 kind of update.
Ok I got it! I probably deserved it. I will be far more relaxed to check new updates. This for a more productive work. Thanks all and see you on these pages

Reactions: junior366
Mar 16, 2018
2) "Lay, lady, lay. Lay across my big brass bed." is wrong, but it's hard to tell what he means by "Lay, lady, lay." Though it should definitely be "Lie across my big brass bed." The lady should ask, "What object do you want me to lay across your bed?" However, can you imagine how bad it would be to make the song, "Lie, lady, lie. Lie across my big brass bed?" Dylan is wrong, but he gets a pass because he's a poet.

The song was also a favorite of singer Madonna, "I used to listen to that one record, 'Lay Lady Lay', in my brother's bedroom in the basement of our house," she recalled. "I'd lie on the bed and play that song and cry all the time." Note how she uses lie correctly here.

Kudos for picking one of the hardest poems to correct for misuse of the word lay,
but NO SAVE FOR YOU!
Couldn't the answer to the question "what object do you want me to lay across your bed" just be "yourself"? Wouldn't "lay [yourself] across my big brass bed" work? That would be too many syllables for the line, which is why 'yourself' had to be omitted. As a native English speaker (but by no means a language expert), since a specific object wasn't mentioned, the lady would be the most logical relevant target.

Reactions: Puppet Master

junior366

Jun 20, 2017
Lyrics
Lay, lady, lay
Lay across my big brass bed
Lay, lady, lay
Whatever colors you have
In your mind
I'll show them to you
And you'll see them shine
Lay, lady, lay
Stay, lady, stay
Stay with your man awhile
Until the break of day
Let me see you make him smile
His clothes are dirty, but his-
His hands are clean
And you're the best thing that he's
Ever seen
Stay, lady, stay
Stay with your man awhile
Why wait any longer for the world to begin?
You can have your cake and eat it too
Why wait any longer for the one you love?
When he's standing, in front of you
Lay, lady, lay
Stay, lady, stay
Stay while the night is still ahead
I long to see you in the morning light
I long to reach for you in the night
Stay, lady, stay
Stay while the night is still ahead
Source:
Songwriters: Bob Dylan
Lay Lady Lay lyrics © Universal Tunes

Reactions: Puppet Master

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
Dylan is a genius, but
you can see why the Everly Brothers thought it was too sexual.
They must have changed their minds when they released their own version in '86.

Reactions: junior366

lsdhappy

Feb 13, 2020
Companion mod for Holiday Island 0.2.x.x beta has been released

Hello everyone!

This is the new version of the companion mod for Holiday Island ver. 0.2.x.x beta.
The mod has been created by Niceerotica and myself.
The mod is a cheat tool for the main game Holiday Island.
Some of you might already know earlier versions of the mod. So here is a list of what the mod can do and of what's new.
  • the mod can always be used now, even in the middle of a scene or an event
  • it offers a variety of option to change attributes of the player (MC)
    - first name and last name can be changed
    - all effects (good or bad) can be added and removed with the click of a mouse. If an effect has several levels, clicking on the effect another time will increase the effect strength
    - all player attributes like strength, endurance, lust, etc. can be adjusted
  • it offers a lot of possibilities to change the stats of each girl too.
    - you can switch between outfits (use at your own risk during a scene, you might get crashes or missin g images).
    - room number, breast size, poker skill, almost anything can be made visible or adjusted
    - all the regular stats like affection, love, lust can be changed too
  • every non quest item you can buy or get through other means can be added to your inventory with the "inventory manager" of the mod
  • The hints section has been removed, as it is part of the main game now. Check the achievements app and use teh button "show hints"
How to "install" the mod:
On PC: Extract the content of the attached zip file into teh folder where you installed your Holiday Island main game.
On a Mac: Navigate further down in the folder where you installed your Holiday Island game, until you see a folder named game. Extract the content into this folder (not into the folder named game, but into the folder where you can see "game" as a folder).

View attachment 659823 View attachment 659824 View attachment 659825 View attachment 659826
Doesnt seem to working or launching.

4.00 star(s) 215 Votes