Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
It is possible to update the name of the post to 0.3.x.x so that people will know without the need of asking on the forum?
thanks in advance
Probably more effort than it is worth since it involves getting a Forum moderator to update the main page. Within the Companion Guide and numerous times throughout this thread, along with on the developer's Patreon page that information has been posted. No way to overcome people's laziness who won't read a few prior posts or anywhere else the information has been posted.

Mod.png

Last edited:

Culocane

Mar 4, 2019
Probably more effort than it is worth since it involves getting a Forum moderator to update the main page. Within the Companion Guide and numerous times throughout this thread, on the developer's Patreon page that information has been posted. No way to overcome people's laziness who won't read a few prior posts or anywhere else the information has been posted.

View attachment 1216045
I don t know how the forum work with this kind of things, i hoped it was just click edit and change the number on the post, thanks for clarifying it.

Reactions: Bantry

zlancer234

Dec 11, 2017
I keep on getting app crashes when I try to run the 64-bit version of the app (on my 64 bit system). The log file doesn't really have a useful error, I've tried deleting the folder in AppData and that doesn't seem to fix it either. Any ideas?

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
I keep on getting app crashes when I try to run the 64-bit version of the app (on my 64 bit system). The log file doesn't really have a useful error, I've tried deleting the folder in AppData and that doesn't seem to fix it either. Any ideas?
If you are not getting the usual Nemod issue or screen resolution error...
The Nemod fix is to install the Companion Mod again...

or...

For all of you that get crashes as soon as you click on preferences or load, please manually add an empty text file in the HI sub folder "game".
Name the file: "use_fixed_resolution_720.txt"

Then have a look at this...

https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-island-v0-3-0-0-beta-darkhound1.3782/post-5855463

Another issue is older graphics cards, possibly with out of date drivers, having issues with switching graphic renderers...
Have a look at this as it may be a solution...

Last edited:

kappaaa

Oct 4, 2017
Is that all your saves? And why are you pasting your old saves, since you never deleted them from the 'Game' folder?
Well, because game still won't start if there's a single file from my previous save so I have to delete them first to start game. But I use command cheat so I guess there's something wrong when I cheated? idk

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
Well, because game still won't start if there's a single file from my previous save so I have to delete them first to start game. But I use command cheat so I guess there's something wrong when I cheated? idk
Check Window Application events.
Do you have error APPCRASH involving libpython2.7.dll ?
Also, which command(s) cheat did you use.
Context : I screw up the game using some commands but they were not the basic cheat (like those in my sig).

Viking808

Sep 10, 2019
But the two new girls, Daniela and Sara, are they part of the staff or are they part of the list to take to the island?

zlancer234

Dec 11, 2017
If you are not getting the usual Nemod issue or screen resolution error...
The Nemod fix is to install the Companion Mod again...

or...

For all of you that get crashes as soon as you click on preferences or load, please manually add an empty text file in the HI sub folder "game".
Name the file: "use_fixed_resolution_720.txt"

Then have a look at this...

https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-island-v0-3-0-0-beta-darkhound1.3782/post-5855463

Another issue is older graphics cards, possibly with out of date drivers, having issues with switching graphic renderers...
Have a look at this as it may be a solution...

no luck with any of the above unfortunately, tried installing the companion mod, adding the text file, whitelisted the executable with my AV.

I don't think it's my graphics card since I'm using a GTX1660 but I went ahead and updated my drivers etc still with no dice :/

• Sad
Reactions: SiJa

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Just a Reminder !
Had the same issue and after DWL the companion Mod (latest 1.0) from the op it was gone try out maybe it helps
It's not necessary, it's still working and supports 0.3.0.0
You need to download and install it manually.
No. v.0.3.0.0 is a huge new update/release and must be downloaded and installed in a new folder. Do not attempt to install over your older v.0.2.3.2 as it will crash the game. Don't forget to reinstall the Companion Mod if you use it. Your prior saves all the way back to v.0.0.8 will work.
Bantry : 1622135004474.png :cautious:have you installed a Webcam in my Home :cautious: ??

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
no luck with any of the above unfortunately, tried installing the companion mod, adding the text file, whitelisted the executable with my AV.

I don't think it's my graphics card since I'm using a GTX1660 but I went ahead and updated my drivers etc still with no dice :/
If you have a Traceback.txt file in the game folder then attach it to a post... it may give me an idea of your issue... but can't promise anything.

4.00 star(s) 215 Votes