Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Version 0.3.2 - development news (updated 12. of November 2021)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next version of Holiday Island (0.3.2).​
The change log below is based on the release 0.3.1.0.
The next main release is 0.3.2 which will be a full update for Windows, Linux and Mac. It will include new features and some bug fixes as well.
As of right now, the update from 0.3.1.0 to 0.3.2.0 has:
166 additional renders, videos or sound files
92 updated renders

New features and content
  • Joy will get an appointment in her office as part of Delizia's quest to do her first medical exam --> still working on it
  • Delizia will get a quest to take her first exam on her way to become a doctor --> still working on it
  • Delizia will get an event in the doctor's office --> still working on it (renders are done)
  • Delizia gets a remade arrival scene to fit her new job role --> will be part of 0.3.2
  • Joy will get a new appointment in her office to continue Sara's quest concerning her experiments --> will be part of 0.3.2
  • Delizia will be converted to role staff and will become head nurse --> will be part of 0.3.2
  • The tiers 1, 2 and 3 will be replaced by 5 named tiers and the assignment of the girls to the tires will be adjusted. More details will be explained in a separate post --> will be part of 0.3.2
  • A new role "staff" will be implemented and the existing role "regulars" will be replaced by "resort guests". More details will be explained in a separate post. --> will be part of 0.3.2
Minor improvements and changes

Bug fixes

• After Yvette's meeting with Joy, she asks you to go down to the pool even though it was raining --> will be fixed with 0.3.2
  • After winning at strip poker, for some girls, for a very short time the undressed image was shown too early --> will be fixed with 0.3.2
  • In the message for the reward appointment from Eva in the player room, the text says "Yvette's room" --> will be fixed with 0.3.2
  • Company favor costs displayed was not the amount of company favor reduced afterwards --> will be fixed with 0.3.2
  • You could get two invitations from Alice for strength training for the same day --> will be fixed with 0.3.2
  • Overlay images are displayed in Amy's protein shake event --> will be fixed with 0.3.2
  • At the end of Aly's event at the sun lounger at the beach, overlay images are displayed --> will be fixed with 0.3.2
  • The achievement for Amy's scene in the night bar lavatory isn't unlocked --> will be fixed with 0.3.2
  • During her strength training quest, you could visit Delizia during daytime, although it was only supposed to be possible at midnight or later --> will be fixed with 0.3.2
Is the update going to break save games?

0.3.2.0 --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.

Estimated release dates:

0.3.2.0 --> no idea yet
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: junior366

burke5

Jan 16, 2021
Version 0.3.2 - development news (updated 11. of November 2021)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next version of Holiday Island (0.3.2).​
The change log below is based on the release 0.3.1.0.
The next main release is 0.3.2 which will be a full update for Windows, Linux and Mac. It will include new features and some bug fixes as well.
As of right now, the update from 0.3.1.0 to 0.3.2.0 has:
154 additional renders, videos or sound files
88 updated renders

New features and content
  • Joy will get an appointment in her office as part of Delizia's quest to do her first medical exam --> still working on it
  • Delizia will get a quest to take her first exam on her way to become a doctor --> still working on it
  • Delizia will get an event in the doctor's office --> still working on it (renders are done)
  • Delizia gets a remade arrival scene to fit her new job role --> will be part of 0.3.2
  • Joy will get a new appointment in her office to continue Sara's quest concerning her experiments --> will be part of 0.3.2
  • Delizia will be converted to role staff and will become head nurse --> will be part of 0.3.2
  • The tiers 1, 2 and 3 will be replaced by 5 named tiers and the assignment of the girls to the tires will be adjusted. More details will be explained in a separate post --> will be part of 0.3.2
  • A new role "staff" will be implemented and the existing role "regulars" will be replaced by "resort guests". More details will be explained in a separate post. --> will be part of 0.3.2
Minor improvements and changes

Bug fixes

• After Yvette's meeting with Joy, she asks you to go down to the pool even though it was raining --> will be fixed with 0.3.2
  • After winning at strip poker, for some girls, for a very short time the undressed image was shown too early --> will be fixed with 0.3.2
  • In the message for the reward appointment from Eva in the player room, the text says "Yvette's room" --> will be fixed with 0.3.2
  • Company favor costs displayed was not the amount of company favor reduced afterwards --> will be fixed with 0.3.2
  • You could get two invitations from Alice for strength training for the same day --> will be fixed with 0.3.2
  • Overlay images are displayed in Amy's protein shake event --> will be fixed with 0.3.2
  • At the end of Aly's event at the sun lounger at the beach, overlay images are displayed --> will be fixed with 0.3.2
  • The achievement for Amy's scene in the night bar lavatory isn't unlocked --> will be fixed with 0.3.2
  • During her strength training quest, you could visit Delizia during daytime, although it was only supposed to be possible at midnight or later --> will be fixed with 0.3.2
Is the update going to break save games?

0.3.2.0 --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.

Estimated release dates:

0.3.2.0 --> no idea yet
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hey Bantry, I was wondering if you knew what the number of the update means (0.3.2.0), especially the 3. Has the developer an idea when it will become 1.0 and what will that mean? Sorry I don't really know much about this stuff o_O

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Hey Bantry, I was wondering if you knew what the number of the update means (0.3.2.0), especially the 3. Has the developer an idea when it will become 1.0 and what will that mean? Sorry I don't really know much about this stuff o_O
I have no idea about the numbering used. I just copy-n-paste from the developer's Patreon page. Holiday Island has been developed and updated for some time now. The earliest version I recall first seeing/playing was v0.0.0.4.

norb82

Sep 19, 2018
I have no idea about the numbering used. I just copy-n-paste from the developer's Patreon page. Holiday Island has been developed and updated for some time now. The earliest version I recall first seeing/playing was v0.0.0.4.
I am playing since maybe 0.1.5.0 or something like that... I think about 2 years? or 3?

Reactions: Bantry

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
The version number
  • 0.3.1.1 is a bug fix (here bug fix 1, for release 1, under main version 3)
  • 0.3.1.1 is a release (here release 1 for main version 3)
  • 0.3.1.1 is a main version (here main version 3)
  • 0.3.1.1 indicates something is still under development, 1 is usually used for the "final release" version of a game.
But while understanding the number itself is easy, comprehending what it means involves some background knowledge

Understanding Holiday Island
The real Holiday Island is a Hobby, an ongoing act of creation, a "project".

The "project" creates. Then streams its production to a repository, here to a game and increments the relevant number each time it reaches a delivery threshold of some sort.

This results in a game of titanic scope, because the entity that feeds it is "infinite" (compared to what a game is)
Even the girls and art inside it reflect it.

The best girls live forever, because they of the developer, they serve the developer's art. Others are born, serve their role, become completed, they are of the game, they serve the game, they are finite.

Holiday Island's version number
So does version 0.3 reflect the game being 3/10 done? Being structured there is good reason to assume Darkhound1 applies some general rules and behavior to it.

Which gives reason to believe v1.0 is likely to be the release version for the game. But whether v0.3 is 3/10s of the way to v1.0? Or versions will take longer or shorter? Unknown and Unknowable.

Given the time taken to change the design and future foundation (the how and to whom content flows) there is no reason to assume the project will stop feeding the game any time soon.

Edit : My usual disclaimer (all imo, reality may differ) goes here.

Last edited:

nedrane

Jul 4, 2020
Hey.
I'm playing HI on android and can't finish 2nd Ivette's event when she change into her bikini. No crash, only black screen and re-start the game. Is there a way to fix it?

ALTIMADRAKKON

Jun 16, 2020
4.00 star(s) 215 Votes