anon2002

Nov 30, 2018
FWIW, I would suggest ogling, gawking, leering, or staring instead of goggling. While goggling is a technically correct usage in this particular context, it seems to be fairly obscure and seldom used.

</grammar_nerd>
I'm afraid I'd disagree somewhat (bearing in mind this is all down to opinion).

Goggling has a pretty specific meaning that I think matches the situation very well; it's staring in wide-eyed amazement or surprise, usually with an absence of self-awareness or with incredulity. Gawking is similar though I'd define it as being more slack-jawed than wide-eyed. I don't think goggling is as rarely used as you think. At least it's still used regularly enough in my part of the UK anyway. Besides, it's a damned fine word that deserves to be said aloud, just try it!

Ogling and leering are definitely conscious actions in my opinion, and I think leering is negative behaviour that is decidedly against the MC's character.

It's interesting how versatile language is with this sort of thing. It's fun to see how subtle differences between synonyms can drastically change the meaning or subtext of a sentence.

Last edited:

44Tom

Oct 19, 2018

I don't think goggling is as rarely used as you think. At least it's still used regularly enough in my part of the UK anyway.
In US English, goggling is not used so much. I would say that it is more common to say gawking, gapeing or staring.

anon2002

Nov 30, 2018
In US English, goggling is not used so much. I would say that it is more common to say gawking, gapeing or staring.
Interesting! Gawping was more common than gawking (though the same word really) in the UK though the latter is kind of taking over, probably due to US influence, and gapeing would be gaping in the UK. In the UK, gawping/gawking tends to have semi-insulting connotations; implying the person gawping/gawking is a bit stupid. conversely, goggling is more about surprise, disbelief, or confounded expectations. Staring is more of a bland catch-all that doesn't impart any particular nuance.

I'm obviously not sure about the nuances in definition of these words in the US, but the differentiations are certainly present over here, at least in my experience.

Hmm, this is beginning to sound a bit too intellectual for a thread dedicated to massive boobies. May I suggest we all lower our standards back down somewhat folks? :p

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018

Goggling has a pretty specific meaning that I think matches the situation very well; it's staring in wide-eyed amazement or surprise, usually with an absence of self-awareness or with incredulity. Gawking is similar though I'd define it as being more slack-jawed than wide-eyed. I don't think goggling is as rarely used as you think. At least it's still used regularly enough in my part of the UK anyway. Besides, it's a damned fine word that deserves to be said aloud, just try it!

Ogling and leering are definitely conscious actions in my opinion, and I think leering is negative behaviour that is decidedly against the MC's character.

It's interesting how versatile language is with this sort of thing. It's fun to see how subtle differences between synonyms can drastically change the meaning or subtext of a sentence.
I appreciate your comment and contrasting point of view. As I (half) jokingly implied with my "grammar nerd 'off' pseudo-tag", I enjoy discussions about semantics, rhetoric, connotation, and wordsmithing (I know... bizarre doesn't even begin to describe it), and like many other "ugly Americans", I sometimes fall into the trap of seeing the world in general and the English language in particular through a U.S.-centric lens, forgetting that this game is intended for a global audience and that the dialog (or "dialogue" for you folks across the pond) is not explicitly American English.

IIRC, Natasha is from India (and would be more likely to speak something akin to the Queen's English), so "goggling" would be fine, though I think "gawking", "staring wide-eyed", "staring gobsmacked", or "staring nonplussed" would all work well, too (though "gobsmacked" and "nonplussed" are probably both at least slight exaggerations; I just like saying "gobsmacked" and "nonplussed", the same way you like saying "goggling"). Of course, darkhound1 has the final say.

EDIT: I wholeheartedly agree that bewbs trump semantics any day of the week that ends in "y" . . .

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I am curious to find out as well.
This is why people get frustrated and give snarky answers as this question has been answered numerous times already and the answer is the same as it is for every new release of late.

Android version:
There can be no, zip, nada, release of bug fixes (or any partial updates) for Android, the first (and only) Android version for 0.3.5.x will be 0.3.5.1
If all goes as planned, it will be released in about a week. Hopefully by this weekend.
Pay attention to the Development News as it is posted, look on the developer's Patreon page or use the 'Search' function!

lewdaura

Jan 2, 2020
I'm through now with the new Sara content and absolutely loved it. She became my favourite since she was introduced in the lab /ankle storyline.
Man she is so well written, develops slowly and wants to take her time while beeing also kinda getting naughtier. Can't wait to get more of here.
I whish you could see the changes from the Joys enhanced pills happening on here one day (growth scene)

One question tho.. During the progression Jennifer mentioned something that I should ask Sara to see her and model in Bikinins. Did I forgot about that or is it something that will happen in the future?

Last edited:
Reactions: The Doode

Ascetic

Apr 5, 2018
Hello everyone, I have a problem with an old Ivy achievement that doesn't seem to work anymore for me after her recent upgrade: the topless poses at the pool.
Searching the forum and the Companion Guide didn't help, unfortunately...

Right now, if I ask her directly to chat on the sunbeds, the scene is reworked with the new renders but no option appears about posing (no matter what bikini she's wearing and if alone or not). If she sends a message in the morning to meet there, the scene uses the old renders but she's always by default in her normal bikini, which triggers the sexy poses but not the topless ones.

I tried repeating the event multiple times as suggested by the guide but nothing seems to work. Any help is appreciated, and don't worry about getting spoilery in your answer!

Last edited:

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
One of the reasons the Guide includes a statement from the developer to NOT achievement hunt, is that one can get tunnel vision and get trapped in a dead end until some other stuff happens. But, human nature being what it is and creatures of habit, blah, blah, blah., people are going to continue to do what they do.
Yes, that's there and I can see where you are coming from. However, the "achievement hunt" is afaik the only way to check if you are finished with the current content or not. While I am still delighted to see a random popup every now and then when I found a new scene by chance (like Faye's "double ride" after winning a contest) I usually try to finish a girl's content and send her away to invite a fresh one. Those will get re-invited when they have new content. I have a feeling though that in the case of Aly and Lacey this may take a while...

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Yes, that's there and I can see where you are coming from. However, the "achievement hunt" is afaik the only way to check if you are finished with the current content or not. While I am still delighted to see a random popup every now and then when I found a new scene by chance (like Faye's "double ride" after winning a contest) I usually try to finish a girl's content and send her away to invite a fresh one. Those will get re-invited when they have new content. I have a feeling though that in the case of Aly and Lacey this may take a while...
Although there are positives to starting a new game from the beginning with the release of a major update, few, (including myself) rarely do. Like you, I tend to focus on the girls with new content and my favorites. The point I was trying to make was that, in the example of Sara, a lot of interactions with other characters have to occur to accomplish her achievements. It is more than just advance the time to the days of the week when you can meet her in the Nightbar. Incidentally, all of the other characters are either staff, extras, sides, etc. there isn't a specific girl that needs to be on the island, to advance her questline.

As for Aly and Lacey ... Aly received new content recently in the previous update release and the developer has already posted that Lacey will probably be changed into a 'side' character much like Delizia was in v.0.3.5.0 release.

Reactions: junior366

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
As for Aly and Lacey ... Aly received new content recently in the previous update release and the developer has already posted that Lacey will probably be changed into a 'side' character much like Delizia was in v.0.3.5.0 release.
Small elaboration on staff.

Staff is a role.
Being converted to staff does not turn a girl into a side character.

But as side characters are ill suited for the resort guest role, they are the prime candidates for staff (or getting replaced) .
Staff is well suited to side characters, being tailor made for that purpose.

Thus Lacey is a side character as is, if converted she''d be a staff side character.
Formalized with Rel 3.5 design and tiers.

<Usual disclaimer here on the replace part, the rest is factual>

forbadstuff

May 12, 2018
it really is a shame there is no day skip function like at least allow us to do it as a cheat in companion mod this sara quest is legit just click pass time a million times... pulls me completely out of the emersion

Reactions: The Doode

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
Hello everyone, I have a problem with an old Ivy achievement that doesn't seem to work anymore for me after her recent upgrade: the topless poses at the pool.
Searching the forum and the Companion Guide didn't help, unfortunately...

Right now, if I ask her directly to chat on the sunbeds, the scene is reworked with the new renders but no option appears about posing (no matter what bikini she's wearing and if alone or not). If she sends a message in the morning to meet there, the scene uses the old renders but she's always by default in her normal bikini, which triggers the sexy poses but not the topless ones.

I tried repeating the event multiple times as suggested by the guide but nothing seems to work. Any help is appreciated, and don't worry about getting spoilery in your answer!
It will be fixed one way or another when all her old renders are replaced.
You can still use console command to make her change to her sexy bikini when she invites you.

Ascetic

Apr 5, 2018
Monsieur X oh that's interesting, so right now it's actually impossible to obtain it "legally", I guess...

I think I'll keep the hole in my achievements list then, as a reminder of more awesome re-rendered Ivy to come :D

Thanks for the reply! You're always on point, man.

4.00 star(s) 215 Votes