xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
in pc, i click in Holiday Islands.exe
By any chance did you try this ? it's from the OP happens to me all to often that I oversee things
The symptom : the game doesn't start anymore (cause not yet identified).
Fix :
DELETE the Persistent file in these two folders (Save & AppData).
Save folder... (Holiday Island/game/saves)
AppData folder (C: user/***/AppData/roaming/RenPy/Island-1499865023)*** your user id
Note : this action will remove some of the girls scene: plane girl scene and girl arrival)

PuToUtO

Sep 11, 2019
It's no bug.
It's definitely a feature. And by design.
Ok this scene will lead to early end if you erect, it is really a design.
how about bikini changing teasing scene, is there any untold condition too?

Last edited:

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Ok this scene will lead to early end if you erect, it is really a design.
how about bikini changing teasing scene, is there any untold condition too?
One of the reason The Companion Guide suggests that you save early and often is so you can go back and try again after changing a variable of two. i.e. stats, wardrobe, time of day, etc. There are enough built in hints and requirements within the game and your phone to tell you what elements to focus on and of course there is The Companion Guide. One of the enjoyments of playing Holiday Island, IMO is that you have to figure things out. Not trying to be snarky, but if that is not something you enjoy doing as you play a game, then HI may not be for you.

PuToUtO

Sep 11, 2019
One of the reason The Companion Guide suggests that you save early and often is so you can go back and try again after changing a variable of two. i.e. stats, wardrobe, time of day, etc. There are enough built in hints and requirements within the game and your phone to tell you what elements to focus on and of course there is The Companion Guide. One of the enjoyments of playing Holiday Island, IMO is that you have to figure things out. Not trying to be snarky, but if that is not something you enjoy doing as you play a game, then HI may not be for you.
Yes, I always save before any event seems to start, and use roll back frequently.I'm not hating trying figuring features out, but hating playing something and I don't know why it works or why it doesn't work.
As I said, I have save before one day started and before events started, and manage variable several times, and tried every variable about 10 times to make sure I'm not just bad luck.The probability it said is 40%, I think 10 times is enough.
so that why I asked here.

PS I tried 8, 9, 11 o'clock. (she won't stay at room beside those times, 11 is in the condition range)
I can make sure she wears skimmy bikini. The two scene show up are she wore skimmy bikini or towel. And it's not raining, she is not the receptionist.

Last edited:

Kiskocya

Dec 2, 2019
Now I wish they had modeled Miranda after Ivy instead of Yvonne Strahovki.
A genetically perfect 6'9" amazon would have changed Mass Effect forever.

• Hey there
Reactions: DuckSwim

Kiskocya

Dec 2, 2019
lol, OK, Yvonne is super hot, and was a good choice for Miranda.
Still ... Ivy would have totally eclipsed Liara and Tali, and Mass Effect wouldn't be the same.

And ... please, don't make me rewatch Chuck, that series did not age too well.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: MarsUltor and SiJa

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
i dont see any folder called "saves" inside the game folder xD
Sorry, didn't take that in acount, yeah is clear, the Saves folder is created when you start the game, for first time.
but you couldn't even bring it up to start so no saves folder.
another thing, my system is quite outdated hence the game take longer to load,
to look in the App folder you must check the box to show hidden files in Windows

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017

On an Island, Somewhere in the Pacific ...

Oh Christmas Tree

(***disclaimer***)
( This is FAN FICTION / FAN EDITED and no way represents any actual story from the game )
(Any similarity to any future story-line is coincidental)

• Haha
Reactions: junior366

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Faye got a conversion/update.

How this conversion/update differs from a remake was described here on 10th of December, https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-island-v0-3-6-1-darkhound1.3782/post-9564178 (the edit part)

This extends her life span but also largely leaves her with the strengths and weaknesses of old Faye.
As the life extension is sufficient far into the future she won't retire (or at least not before others).

The catch is, of course, that she has consumed time and resources for the update done, and is almost certain to consume more than "to be retired" Faye would have done.

Whether that tradeoff is good will (as always) depend on individual perceptions ex. whether the player prefer the old girl over the alternatives the time could have been used for and so on (the usual really).

Last edited:

yankeeInKy

Mar 1, 2020
Faye got a conversion/update.

How this conversion/update differs from a remake was described here on 10th of December, https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-island-v0-3-6-1-darkhound1.3782/post-9564178 (the edit part)

This extends her life span but also largely leaves her with the strengths and weaknesses of old Faye.
But as the life extension is sufficient far into the future she won't retire (or at least not before others).

The catch is, of course, that she has consumed time and resources for the update done, and is almost certain to consume more than "to be retired" Faye would have done.

Whether that tradeoff is good will (as always) depend on individual perceptions ex. whether the player prefer ultra busty or the old girl over alternatives and so on (the usual really).
From what I've seen from Dark rerenders of Faye, besides her face being a smidge smaller and the Muffins a smidge lower. She looks like old Faye. Yankee is pleased :D

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
4.10 star(s) 219 Votes