zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
The game unfortunately is quite slow on my PC so I can't be bothered to play it. The premise was nice and the amount of bimbo's here was what I wanted to experience but if every render change needs two seconds I won't be doing that
Unless you are on a really old machine that has no GPU the most likely cause is lack of memory. W10 with 4GB is borderline, W10 with 8GB is doable. More than 8 is better.

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
I have a question about Renée. She is not sending any context related sexting. Kept her in play for weeks, but nothing. I have all her other phone items except the second arrival scene. So I am at a bit of a loss what context I could be missing. The lowlighted sexting image in the phone seems to be from the MC's room, but as far as I can see Renée has no scene in that room. Any suggestions?

Ruff Ryder

Aug 18, 2020
Unless you are on a really old machine that has no GPU the most likely cause is lack of memory. W10 with 4GB is borderline, W10 with 8GB is doable. More than 8 is better.
Got 80GB memory SSD left with 8 GB ram and a GPU that can be used for simulations and can play any AVN and games like Minecraft on pretty good FPS.
This is just the second RenPy game I had issues with.

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
Got 80GB memory SSD left with 8 GB ram and a GPU that can be used for simulations and can play any AVN and games like Minecraft on pretty good FPS.
This is just the second RenPy game I had issues with.
HI is known to be hard on memory. Especially the character data function for the girls in the phone. For girls that have more than 100 of them a couple hundred images need to be loaded and put somewhere. With less than 8GB lots of swapping will be going on. My running copy of the game has about 3GB committed (according to the resource manager, task manager stats are not reliable), so that is for sure not going to fit into a 4GB machine. For an 8GB machine it depends on what else is running at the same time. When I tried it on a 4GB machine the combination HI and MS Teams was deadly. Teams is a known memory hog too.

Reactions: darkhound1

sCIPP

Dec 8, 2019
How can I trigger Mercedes to flex at the pool and move foward in her quest?
I have a Lvl. 5 Sneaking ability and it's over day 200 in my game.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
How can I trigger Mercedes to flex at the pool and move foward in her quest?
I have a Lvl. 5 Sneaking ability and it's over day 200 in my game.
Have you downloaded and checked the Companion Guide linked on the first page of this thread?

Guide.jpg

XCelesX

Jun 2, 2020
Holiday Island update to 0.3.7.1 has been released

Hi guys and gals,
the first bug fix update for 0.3.7.x has been released.

This is an update to the version 0.3.7.1 (PC, Mac, Linux only).
The update works only on version 0.3.7.0.

In case you are new to the game, you need to download one of the main game files version 0.3.7.0 beta (PC, Mac, Linux) from the links on my main patreon page or from the OP of this thread:

Save games from 0.0.8 alpha and later versions should still be working. Older saves are no longer supported. Some saves might still not load. Sorry for that, but there is nothing I can do about it.
Please download the update to 0.3.7.1 beta (PC, Mac, Linux) from one of these links:
Mega
OR
Google Drive

To apply the update, please extract all files from the zip archive to the sub folder named "game" inside the folder where you installed the full game. Overwrite all files when asked.
For Mac users, please navigate to the folder structure:

\Contents\Resources\autorun\game
Extract the content of the zip file into the "game" folder mentioned above.

Please check this post to get information about bugs that have been fixed since 0.3.7.0

how can I use the mod?

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
I have a question about Renée. She is not sending any context related sexting. Kept her in play for weeks, but nothing. I have all her other phone items except the second arrival scene. So I am at a bit of a loss what context I could be missing. The lowlighted sexting image in the phone seems to be from the MC's room, but as far as I can see Renée has no scene in that room. Any suggestions?
No suggestions?

Ruff Ryder

Aug 18, 2020
HI is known to be hard on memory. Especially the character data function for the girls in the phone. For girls that have more than 100 of them a couple hundred images need to be loaded and put somewhere. With less than 8GB lots of swapping will be going on. My running copy of the game has about 3GB committed (according to the resource manager, task manager stats are not reliable), so that is for sure not going to fit into a 4GB machine. For an 8GB machine it depends on what else is running at the same time. When I tried it on a 4GB machine the combination HI and MS Teams was deadly. Teams is a known memory hog too.
I understand what you mean and it does explain it kinda but those kind of games should not need this much performance to work, if they're being written on RenPy. Games in Unity or UE for instance are okay if they need higher performance but RenPy games shouldn't need this much. Too bad.

Sunset79

Dec 8, 2018
Blessed Christmas everyone,

Can someone explain to me how to start the sailboat event? I have already helped load the boxes into the dinghy.

Thnx .. Sunset ..

alexistut

Jul 20, 2020
In some game Ren'Py came across a mod that copied a message on the screen into the translate.google broesers window, tell me the name of the mod and whether it will work in Holiday Island?

4.00 star(s) 216 Votes