jojo901

Mar 17, 2019
Hello,
thank you very much for the answer, I've made it this far.
But after that - how do you start driving off with the girls?

In the changelog you can see there are still a number of scenes on the sailboat and on an island etc etc.

Thnx .. Sunset ..
have you seen the loading boat scene with yumiko ?
3.png
after that Jennifer invites you
4.png
the scenes on the boat are automatic

Reactions: Sunset79

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
She did visit MC in his room for a spare toothbrush.
I have that scene too. Ok, I will send her home again and see what happens.

Edit: yup, got it this time. Not quite sure what happened on the previous cycle. Maybe I got the toothbrush scene after her second return.

Last edited:
Reactions: darkhound1

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
I have that scene too. Ok, I will send her home again and see what happens.
The 2 new sexting content related pics must be related to her arrivals, both of them I think.
I'm not 100% certain, I unlocked the new Renée stuff without paying much attention.

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
The 2 new sexting content related pics must be related to her arrivals, both of them I think.
I'm not 100% certain, I unlocked the new Renée stuff without paying much attention.
I got those sextings right after the second arrival scene. They indeed refer to that scene.

Reactions: darkhound1

acronon

May 24, 2018
I have been following for a number of years now (scary thought that time frame now that I reflect on it). I love he art and dynamics, but I have to finally concur with the other comments. There is no real growth in the game, fetishes (dom, sub, pregnancy, poly or mono marriage, etc) or any other indication that this anything other than a glamorous puzzle game with the hint of a scene after grinding for hours/days to find the answer without following the companion guide. Honestly, we spend more time following all the hints in game and reading the companion guide/quest guide, it has devolved the game into a reading contest with the constant need to reaffirm every level of lust, affection and love for characters that otherwise have no purpose than to support the end goals of the 3 to 5 main characters we actually might like. It would be best if the maker stops trying to tell their story and balance the game to accommodate to be more than just a kinetic novel (timed events every week) with sandbox eternal puzzle attributes.

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
I have been following for a number of years now (scary thought that time frame now that I reflect on it). I love he art and dynamics, but I have to finally concur with the other comments. There is no real growth in the game, fetishes (dom, sub, pregnancy, poly or mono marriage, etc) or any other indication that this anything other than a glamorous puzzle game with the hint of a scene after grinding for hours/days to find the answer without following the companion guide. Honestly, we spend more time following all the hints in game and reading the companion guide/quest guide, it has devolved the game into a reading contest with the constant need to reaffirm every level of lust, affection and love for characters that otherwise have no purpose than to support the end goals of the 3 to 5 main characters we actually might like. It would be best if the maker stops trying to tell their story and balance the game to accommodate to be more than just a kinetic novel (timed events every week) with sandbox eternal puzzle attributes.
There are still many quests outstanding. But I understand Darkhound's problem of getting out of the resort loop that started the game long ago. Both the lab and the boat trip are VN scenes now. But they both have the promise of becoming a different environment. I assume there will be a time when the lab is not a VN anymore and we can roam it. The sailboat does not have that potential as it is too small, but it is a way to reach Joy's main yaught and that could be an interesting place in the future.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
I think there are some misconceptions about the game.

There are no puzzles in this game. Zero, none, nada.
The game is anything but a kinetic novel.
There is no need to constantly or even very often check the girls stats. There are very few events or achievments that require low stats of whatever attribute. And if I say very few, it's in the < 1% area of all achievements. And in those cases it "should" be explained in the hints of the achievements (unless I forgot it).
During a scene/event/appointment you always see when a stat check fails. So you know there is more that you missed due to a check. If you don't want to play it again, you can always just scroll back, use the companion mod to increase the stat and continue.

Since the game is mainly non linear, there is no way around certain checks that make sure that things stay consistent throughout the game and B) cannot happen before A). Every non linear game has to do it.

Most scenes are not complictaed to get. But it's a game and not a VN. So you need to play to make things happen.
There is no need to grind stats. Not any more. You need to do some more or less still mindless and sensless talking and kissing in the very beginning of the relation with each girl. But compared to the other scenes and gameplay in total it is very minor.
If you don't like or want to do that, you can use the companion mod to just cheat the stats.

Everyone who thinks that grinding and/or achievement hunting is needed should change the way he/she plays the game.
Just play along and most things will just happen.
If you have only a minority of open achievements left, then you can start hunting for specific things.
When you do it right from the start, all it does is ruin your game play experience. And it's not the game doing it to you, you're doing it yourself.

Is the game perfect? Most certainly not. Far from it. But I try to make it more user friendly and less grindy with every new release.

The future game will always be a sandbox game at it's core, but with VN scenes in between.

About new locations...

The lab will not be turned into a sandbox area like the other parts of the resort. But you will be able to visit certain areas of the lab by yourself. Meaning without the trigger of an injury or a medical check.
But since there are basically only two people at the lab (Daniela and Sara), the mechanics have to be different.
There is also no need to have the girls just stand in front of a background where you can click them.

The sailboat will always be a VN area, but with choices in the future. Meaning there will be more sailboat trips.

Joy's yacht - I don't really know yet how the format of this area will be done.
One thing is sure though. It will not be another Island sandbox that takes place on a yacht.
But I also don't want to have a huge VN area, because this is just not my style and wouldn#t be Holiday Island any more.
It will be tricky to make it work and it's one of the important decissions I have to make for the future of the game.
A lot of things have to be considered. Here are some examples:
  • How many girls will be on the yacht?
  • Will some island girls be able to visit the yacht and which ones?
  • On one hand, I like to have the girls wear different clothes. But on the other hand, I will definitely not repeat the mistake of having to render everything several times. So a solution has to be found for this problem.
  • How to "move" the MC between the yacht and the island without having to go through a lenghty sailboat trip all the time?
  • Will the girls be able to move around freely on the yacht? This might sound like a simple question with an obvious answer: Yes of course! But it's not. When everyone can be anywhere this leads to permutation problems. Imagine 8 girls with 5 locations. That's hundreds of combinations that can occcur and that have to be rendered. An impossible task.
    The restaurant area tries to work around giving everyone a fix spot. But seats at a table is relatively easy to do. A deck on a yacht where you see sun loungers, a pool, a bar (in one render) is much more complicated. I cannot very well have one girl always playing in the pool, while another one is always drinking at the bar.
  • Will the yacht be a game part that you can play by itself? Without the Island?
    No worries, I don't plan to make it the other way round too. You will be able to access the yacht from Holiday Island, but it might be possible to have the yacht as a stand alone game as well.

Kiskocya

Dec 2, 2019
How to "move" the MC between the yacht and the island without having to go through a lenghty sailboat trip all the time?
I don't think I would mind a longish trip.
It worked well with Cure my addiction which does a week long trip (7 days, no more, no less, then back to the main location).

I cannot very well have one girl always playing in the pool, while another one is always drinking at the bar.
Well ... we all know somebody who's always at the bar ... yeah, no, that's entirely too realistic, we can't have that in a game. :-\

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Guys, can someone explain to me how to "read" the color mechanics in order to trigger events? how that works?
If you are talking about the colored hearts associated with each achievement, try page 32 of the Companion Guide linked on the first page of this thread.

Guide.jpg

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Thought I killed my CPU in my computer last night. No, I am not asking for a save lol. In short, last night sucked.
Listen to this on a loop,
It'll summon Santa's tech support,

Frau Santa (blonde).jpg
She looks like this and will come reboot you :)
(your computer is prbably still toast but you'll likely feel better about it)

Last edited:

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
I think there are some misconceptions about the game.

There are no puzzles in this game. Zero, none, nada.
The game is anything but a kinetic novel.
There is no need to constantly or even very often check the girls stats. There are very few events or achievments that require low stats of whatever attribute. And if I say very few, it's in the < 1% area of all achievements. And in those cases it "should" be explained in the hints of the achievements (unless I forgot it).
During a scene/event/appointment you always see when a stat check fails. So you know there is more that you missed due to a check. If you don't want to play it again, you can always just scroll back, use the companion mod to increase the stat and continue.

Since the game is mainly non linear, there is no way around certain checks that make sure that things stay consistent throughout the game and B) cannot happen before A). Every non linear game has to do it.

Most scenes are not complictaed to get. But it's a game and not a VN. So you need to play to make things happen.
There is no need to grind stats. Not any more. You need to do some more or less still mindless and sensless talking and kissing in the very beginning of the relation with each girl. But compared to the other scenes and gameplay in total it is very minor.
If you don't like or want to do that, you can use the companion mod to just cheat the stats.

Everyone who thinks that grinding and/or achievement hunting is needed should change the way he/she plays the game.
Just play along and most things will just happen.
If you have only a minority of open achievements left, then you can start hunting for specific things.
When you do it right from the start, all it does is ruin your game play experience. And it's not the game doing it to you, you're doing it yourself.

Is the game perfect? Most certainly not. Far from it. But I try to make it more user friendly and less grindy with every new release.

The future game will always be a sandbox game at it's core, but with VN scenes in between.

About new locations...

The lab will not be turned into a sandbox area like the other parts of the resort. But you will be able to visit certain areas of the lab by yourself. Meaning without the trigger of an injury or a medical check.
But since there are basically only two people at the lab (Daniela and Sara), the mechanics have to be different.
There is also no need to have the girls just stand in front of a background where you can click them.

The sailboat will always be a VN area, but with choices in the future. Meaning there will be more sailboat trips.

Joy's yacht - I don't really know yet how the format of this area will be done.
One thing is sure though. It will not be another Island sandbox that takes place on a yacht.
But I also don't want to have a huge VN area, because this is just not my style and wouldn#t be Holiday Island any more.
It will be tricky to make it work and it's one of the important decissions I have to make for the future of the game.
A lot of things have to be considered. Here are some examples:
  • How many girls will be on the yacht?
  • Will some island girls be able to visit the yacht and which ones?
  • On one hand, I like to have the girls wear different clothes. But on the other hand, I will definitely not repeat the mistake of having to render everything several times. So a solution has to be found for this problem.
  • How to "move" the MC between the yacht and the island without having to go through a lenghty sailboat trip all the time?
  • Will the girls be able to move around freely on the yacht? This might sound like a simple question with an obvious answer: Yes of course! But it's not. When everyone can be anywhere this leads to permutation problems. Imagine 8 girls with 5 locations. That's hundreds of combinations that can occcur and that have to be rendered. An impossible task.
    The restaurant area tries to work around giving everyone a fix spot. But seats at a table is relatively easy to do. A deck on a yacht where you see sun loungers, a pool, a bar (in one render) is much more complicated. I cannot very well have one girl always playing in the pool, while another one is always drinking at the bar.
  • Will the yacht be a game part that you can play by itself? Without the Island?
    No worries, I don't plan to make it the other way round too. You will be able to access the yacht from Holiday Island, but it might be possible to have the yacht as a stand alone game as well.
I love the peek into the general roadmap for the game and the insight into the logistical practicalities of the game you've shared with us, Darkhound. Thank you!!

With regard to how to get to/from the yacht, you're obviously aware that the yacht (Daz asset) has a helipad, so adding (or implying) a helipad at the resort would be a potential transit solution... FWIW, it seems like you did some POV renders from a helicopter when Miriam was "flashbacking" about doing security on the yacht.

yankeeInKy

Mar 1, 2020

View attachment 3207183
It lives Ducky, but she can still stick around while I test my RAM..I don't..Ooooh Boy..Hi Faye. Ummm.. Tech Support..Faye!?!?!

Last edited:

anon2002

Nov 30, 2018

View attachment 3207183
Bloody hell! Tech support at Santa's workshop is probably breaking records on requests-per-day.

4.00 star(s) 216 Votes