ML005

Oct 2, 2018
Hello,
Great game been playing for sometime but been having some issues in this last update, it crashes very frequently or the pictures don't upload correctly.
These tracebacks happen in different Amy scenes (Gym BJ & Dinner Date), Yvette Dinner Date and some other time doesn't give any traceback like in Amy & Yvette Hot Shot scene.
Maybe someone can help with this.
Thanks

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Hello,
Great game been playing for sometime but been having some issues in this last update, it crashes very frequently or the pictures don't upload correctly.
These tracebacks happen in different Amy scenes (Gym BJ & Dinner Date), Yvette Dinner Date and some other time doesn't give any traceback like in Amy & Yvette Hot Shot scene.
Thanks
The next update should address some of them, however the memory error might still be an issue. From @darkhound1's Patreon page:

Bug fixes

• Random crashes with "Out of memory". Probably either a memory leak, or too high settings for caches. Haven't been able to reproduce it --> no fix yet

ahab18

Apr 5, 2019
Where did you get the idea that posting save is a no go ? There is even a link to a saves repository on the guide available on the OP up to 0.1.6.0 ....
Very simple, look here as one example. This stuff goes on and on in this thread and people who obviously have saves woun't share them for such childish reasons.

Someone else's save file will not do you any good as many scenes, events, appointments, etc. do not repeat. Guess you will just have to play the game yourself.

ML005

Oct 2, 2018
The next update should address some of them, however the memory error might still be an issue. From @darkhound1's Patreon page:

Bug fixes

• Random crashes with "Out of memory". Probably either a memory leak, or too high settings for caches. Haven't been able to reproduce it --> no fix yet
Thanks

Reactions: BlueSpirit

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
@ ahab18

There are saves available. It's just that, since it's a sandbox game, many of us don't find them that helpful. I always start from scratch with every new update and go through the whole game again, but I don't mind grinding as much as other guys.

Also, I think the FAQ/Walkthrough will answer many of your questions. I am still working on updating my own FAQ, but I'm not quite done yet.

Click on the FAQ/Walkthrough on the first page of this thread. On Page 9 is this link:

If that doesn't work, try here. This is the MEGA link to download the saves:

I hope that helps.
Good Luck!

Reactions: Fantabaldu

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
@ ahab18

There are saves available. It's just that, since it's a sandbox game, many of us don't find them that helpful. I always start from scratch with every new update and go through the whole game again, but I don't mind grinding as much as other guys.

Also, I think the FAQ/Walkthrough will answer many of your questions. I am still working on updating my own FAQ, but I'm not quite done yet.

Click on the FAQ/Walkthrough on the first page of this thread. On Page 9 is this link:
Admittedly I can be as snarky as the next guy having to answer the same questions over and over. After 3 dozen times ... Besides, if you won't believe the same answer each time, why bother to ask again? As @Puppet Master stated, it's a sandbox game and saves won't do you much good other than showing you a scene. Also, as some events, appointments, etc. are a one-time deal and not repeatable, you'll miss out on much of the story. If you are not going to play the game, why bother to download it?

f95-Homer.png

rdawg123

Aug 24, 2016
Hot Shots Tips:

-Don't go over 100 drunkeness for you or the girl, game automatically ends

-Only ask her to strip the next piece of clothing when has approximately 20/60/80 drunkeness state. If you ask her to strip before these values, she will drink and the Heat rating will fall down. Instead of asking and her saying, no, just ask her to drink alcohol until she is at approximately 20/60/80 drunkeness state.

-Try to make sure you and the girl both lose equal amount of clothing. If you already lost 1 piece of clothing, it's time for her to lose 1 piece of clothing. Start winning the bar games and get her to drink and strip off one piece of clothing. If she lost 2 pieces of clothing, it's time for you to lose all the bar games and until you also lost 2 pieces of clothing...... and so on

-Follow these guidelines and you will easily get over 100 heat rating.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
0.1.6.1 delayed another day or two due to uncontrolled creative impulses and inability to exist concurrently in multiple parallel time lines.
Or for those seeking flawed mundane explanations to the questions of life : mixed content creation and bug fixing & ran out of time too.

:p

Reactions: junior366

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
0.1.6.1 delayed another day or two due to uncontrolled creative impulses and inability to exist concurrently in multiple parallel time lines.
Or for those seeking flawed mundane explanations to the questions of life : mixed content creation and bug fixing & ran out of time too.

:p
Lol :)
10 hour days at work and on antibiotics since 2 days doesn't help either :)

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Hello,
Thanks
Try changing you renderer to directx and see if that helps. To do that, start the game and use shift + g then select directx renderer and click quit after that. Then restart the game.

Reactions: User #19006

ahab18

Apr 5, 2019
Admittedly I can be as snarky as the next guy having to answer the same questions over and over. After 3 dozen times ... Besides, if you won't believe the same answer each time, why bother to ask again? As @Puppet Master stated, it's a sandbox game and saves won't do you much good other than showing you a scene. Also, as some events, appointments, etc. are a one-time deal and not repeatable, you'll miss out on much of the story. If you are not going to play the game, why bother to download it?

Really says a lot about you if your answer is this condescending. Also insulting others by suggesting that they have a lack of reading comprehension and then having issues to get what people said yourself is ironic to say the least.
I said that I already played the game and for reasons I would have to restart at point zero, which I am not interested in doing, because it is too grindy.
And if this problem keeps occuring and people find it difficult to get up to date saves here, then maybe it's not the case that everyone else is just stupid or wrong.
Why not make ingame check points available leaving it up to the player? Would be more convenient then having to search around here for up to date saves. And why do you care anyways? Leave it up to the players...

Again otherwise nice game, cheers

jikorde

Mar 4, 2018
Really says a lot about you if your answer is this condescending. Also insulting others by suggesting that they have a lack of reading comprehension and then having issues to get what people said yourself is ironic to say the least.
I said that I already played the game and for reasons I would have to restart at point zero, which I am not interested in doing, because it is too grindy.
And if this problem keeps occuring and people find it difficult to get up to date saves here, then maybe it's not the case that everyone else is just stupid or wrong.
Why not make ingame check points available leaving it up to the player? Would be more convenient then having to search around here for up to date saves. And why do you care anyways? Leave it up to the players...

Again otherwise nice game, cheers
I litertally upload a save for each version of the game, within a day after it comes out. This includes saves to each sex scene and phone complete saves for the current and last version. You started asking not a page after I uploaded it so I didn't bother relinking to it, as its not only linked in the guide but I don't want to spam my links. So no, it's not at all difficult to find saves here. You just need to look around a little bit, which is why Bantry is so sick of this question. People ask it literally a post after I post the save. People ask the same damn question, every day, for months when the answer is a post above them or two.
And checkpoints... No thanks. That would just fill a gallery. Be really empty as a thing and a waste of dev resources to make. Might as well pack my saves into every version at that point.

ML005

Oct 2, 2018
Try changing you renderer to directx and see if that helps. To do that, start the game and use shift + g then select directx renderer and click quit after that. Then restart the game.
Thanks.
Try with this setup it work fine for a couple of minutes but suddenly crash with giving any traceback.

Reactions: brianiac

ahab18

Apr 5, 2019
I litertally upload a save for each version of the game, within a day after it comes out. This includes saves to each sex scene and phone complete saves for the current and last version. You started asking not a page after I uploaded it so I didn't bother relinking to it, as its not only linked in the guide but I don't want to spam my links. So no, it's not at all difficult to find saves here. You just need to look around a little bit, which is why Bantry is so sick of this question. People ask it literally a post after I post the save. People ask the same damn question, every day, for months when the answer is a post above them or two.
And checkpoints... No thanks. That would just fill a gallery. Be really empty as a thing and a waste of dev resources to make. Might as well pack my saves into every version at that point.
Dude, first I already got it before posting this...
The problem remains, if people keep asking there is obviously demand for a better solution. And yes it would be more convenient having that option from the get go and not having to search around here for it. It's actually really really simple man

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Is there a cheat to add a girl to the island?
Nope, you are limited to 9. That should be enough to keep you busy!
If you have just started the game, you have 6 or 7 (can't recall exact number) after 2 -3 weeks, Joy will visit and explain how to invite girls to the island and send others home. However, as @junior366 pointed out, the maximum number on the island is 9. Download and read the Guide from the OP, you'll find a lot of useful information.

Ascetic

Apr 5, 2018
Hi all, I encountered a bug during Yvette's final Hot Shots scene, here's the code (happens shortly after she sits on your lap):

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: DynamicImage u'scenes/[char1.fname]/nightbar/[char1.fname]_nightbar_hs[g_hotshots.player_undress]_heat14a.webp': could not find image. (u'scenes/Yvette/nightbar/Yvette_nightbar_hs4_heat14a.webp')

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\remoremoit\Desktop\HI0160\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 313, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\remoremoit\Desktop\HI0160\renpy\main.py", line 525, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\Users\remoremoit\Desktop\HI0160\renpy\main.py", line 139, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "C:\Users\remoremoit\Desktop\HI0160\renpy\execution.py", line 892, in run_context
context.run()
File "game/script.rpyc", line 1372, in script call
File "game/loc_nightbar.rpyc", line 5184, in script call
��Ƈ삍W[����Q�>��r�C�/��>�~R�}��^���-�O7�Á$�Z��V&3��t�3��d�,��>�z�3�^C�g�CϱE�}|��P]��ً�%��
File "game/loc_nightbar.rpyc", line 5285, in script call
b�n|Uu����S,�Q��0���.u��K���
File "game/loc_nightbar.rpyc", line 6293, in script
mWDu�$��)�}���\�yE�-0I�-0�E&�/ ʅEn��"Q�I]��E�� �Ң�ޓ���ϰY�q��5ʡ]E�Z���_�Yzm0iԨ�>XC�p��=��C�Z�W�������RWkt(Wk�޲0ԷH�_��r���7���
File "game/script.rpyc", line 1372, in script call
File "game/loc_nightbar.rpyc", line 5184, in script call
��Ƈ삍W[����Q�>��r�C�/��>�~R�}��^���-�O7�Á$�Z��V&3��t�3��d�,��>�z�3�^C�g�CϱE�}|��P]��ً�%��
File "game/loc_nightbar.rpyc", line 5285, in script call
b�n|Uu����S,�Q��0���.u��K���
File "game/loc_nightbar.rpyc", line 6293, in script
mWDu�$��)�}���\�yE�-0I�-0�E&�/ ʅEn��"Q�I]��E�� �Ң�ޓ���ϰY�q��5ʡ]E�Z���_�Yzm0iԨ�>XC�p��=��C�Z�W�������RWkt(Wk�޲0ԷH�_��r���7���
File "C:\Users\remoremoit\Desktop\HI0160\renpy\ast.py", line 1260, in execute
show_imspec(self.imspec, atl=getattr(self, "atl", None))
File "C:\Users\remoremoit\Desktop\HI0160\renpy\ast.py", line 1139, in show_imspec
atl=atl)
File "C:\Users\remoremoit\Desktop\HI0160\renpy\exports.py", line 717, in show
sls.add(layer, img, key, zorder, behind, at_list=at_list, name=name, atl=atl, default_transform=default_transform, transient=transient)
File "C:\Users\remoremoit\Desktop\HI0160\renpy\display\core.py", line 1070, in add
thing.set_transform_event("show")
File "C:\Users\remoremoit\Desktop\HI0160\renpy\display\transform.py", line 677, in set_transform_event
self.child.set_transform_event(event)
File "C:\Users\remoremoit\Desktop\HI0160\renpy\display\image.py", line 705, in set_transform_event
self.find_target()
File "C:\Users\remoremoit\Desktop\HI0160\renpy\display\image.py", line 640, in find_target
raise Exception(error)
Exception: DynamicImage u'scenes/[char1.fname]/nightbar/[char1.fname]_nightbar_hs[g_hotshots.player_undress]_heat14a.webp': could not find image. (u'scenes/Yvette/nightbar/Yvette_nightbar_hs4_heat14a.webp')

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
Holiday Island 0.1.6.0
Wed May 08 05:42:12 2019

4.10 star(s) 214 Votes