Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
On May 30th, version 0.2.1.1 was released. I started a new game from the beginning to see how long it would take to complete the game. Finished last night (06/11). I'd like to say I played every day and non-stop, but that wasn't the case. I will say that I did not use the mod or console cheats. Well, that isn't 100% true, as I did use the console code for poker to know who wins each hand. Sorry, poker isn't that appealing to me.

Granted I know what to do to accomplish the majority of the achievements, but nothing that isn't covered in the Guide or Puppet Master's FAQ. So in less than 2 weeks, playing an hour or two each session and not even every day, the game can be completed with all achievements. If we could figure out a way to get Yumiko to send her 'Guess Who' texts quicker, probably be able to finish in a week.

The point of this semi-rant, is that you do not need a 'save' or 'cheats' to play, enjoy and complete the game.

yankeeInKy

Mar 1, 2020
Ok Weird shit abound. The attached photo is me playing round with panels with one pic filling all the panels. Now when I first attempted this I got an error.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'MatrixColor' <'Crop' <'Image' u'appointments/Yvette/dinner/Yvette_dinner8.webp'> 1485 0 450 882> (1, 0, 0, 0, -0.05, 0, 1, 0, 0, -0.05, 0, 0, 1, 0, -0.05, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1)>:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
error: subsurface rectangle outside surface area.

Ok I saved prior to playing with the panels.. Aren't you proud of me Puppet lol. I thought ok quit, restart game. Now it looks like it fixed itself?? Maybe I made the game go Oh shit what's he doing moment..Hmmm

JessicaWall.jpg

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Been playing the game since 1.9.1, what a great game! :love:
But a few things bothered me, nothing major it just feels unbalanced, so I changed some things and would like to share with you:
  • The girl's sexiness is the base change for most of the dynamics in the game and I find it a bit odd, so I fiddled with the code and found the bust size preference gives a +3 and was supposed to give a +1 to the others, but that didn't happen when the player selected full breasts or huge. It also applies to the selection of the plane girl. Fixed by applying modulus to bust_size_pref checks in functions.rpy.
  • Sometimes, the girl's topic list offers a lot of negatives and naughts that make getting the girl's affection a bit of a grind. Fixed by setting the minimum positive topics to 3 (maximum 5), negative topics to maximum 4 and reworking the redundant random selection to a unique random pick in characters.rpy. Probably speeds up creation time too (unverified).
  • When using a beauty cream there are no notifications whatsoever and if you use it twice or more times in a short interval, the item is consumed every time and you don't get the looks training point if it's still in cooldown. Fixed by returning false once the item is found in the inventory and displaying "You already used a beauty cream" in player.rpy (only if it's still in cooldown).
There are other cosmetic changes I made to my personal preferences, but these are the ones I wanted to share.
The files attached are for v2.1.1-beta, tested on several occasions. Don't use them on earlier versions, they might break the game. To use, just drop them on the game folder.
These changes only apply to new games, old saves won't change (except for player.rpy). Also, doesn't really impact gameplay, just makes it somewhat less grindy at first while preserving randomness. Also, BACKUP YOUR GAME FILES FIRST!
Not questioning your efforts, but I do hope you had the courtesy to ask and receive the developer's permission before modifying his creation. At the very least, you should post a statement saying, "That due to your own inability to create a worthwhile game, you have taken someone else's work and and changed it to suit your own ideas."

That's better known by the term, "Plagiarism"

Look here's the bottom-line. If anyone is brain-dead enough to even remotely consider adding files to their system from an unknown source, even with all the warnings they posted, then when your system crashes, you will not get any sympathy from us or the girls on the island.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Xomap

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
You're probably right, didn't think about that. I meant no offense, though, just thought that I was helping and wanted to share... Then the creator would see it and maybe approve it? I don't think it classifies as plagiarism, though, those were very simple modifications that don't alter the game's content, it's just how I personally like to play it. Since this is a game-sharing forum, I didn't think copyrights apply... You may delete my comment or just ignore it, I won't bother anymore... BTW, the files are plain text, you can actually see what I modified other than just trusting the notes I made sure to write for the developer to see ;)
There is actually a specific forum/thread(s) for mods - https://f95zone.to/forums/mods.41/

I do not have the authority to delete posts, nor did I feel it needed to be 'reported' like I am some kind of game/thread police. However, I do think you should message the developer directly about any changes modifications you make to his creation/work prior to posting/sharing anything that might fall under that category.

Reactions: brianiac and Xomap

Xomap

May 22, 2020
There is actually a specific forum/thread(s) for mods - https://f95zone.to/forums/mods.41/

I do not have the authority to delete posts, nor did I feel it needed to be 'reported' like I am some kind of game/thread police. However, I do think you should message the developer directly about any changes modifications you make to his creation/work prior to posting/sharing anything that might fall under that category.
You're absolutely right, thanks for that, however I don't know how to contact the developer other than this forum, so I left a message on his profile asking for a review. I thought of just deleting everything and pretending it didn't happen, but I really think this helps and I'll leave it until someone says otherwise.

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
That is a lot of fuss for some minor twinks to the code :)
The game is public and I'm pretty sure Dark would not mind.
It's not a forced download after all.

• Red Heart

Xomap

May 22, 2020
That is a lot of fuss for some minor twinks to the code :)
The game is public and I'm pretty sure Dark would not mind.
It's not a forced download after all.
I think so too... If I knew it was going to be this way, I'd keep quiet... Thank you for making me feel welcome on my first comment ever in this forum, MonsieurX, you're awesome!

Last edited:

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Been playing the game since 1.9.1, what a great game! :love:
But a few things bothered me, nothing major it just feels unbalanced, so I changed some things and would like to share with you:
  • The girl's sexiness is the base change for most of the dynamics in the game and I find it a bit odd, so I fiddled with the code and found the bust size preference gives a +3 and was supposed to give a +1 to the others, but that didn't happen when the player selected full breasts or huge. It also applies to the selection of the plane girl. Fixed by applying modulus to bust_size_pref checks in functions.rpy.
  • Sometimes, the girl's topic list offers a lot of negatives and naughts that make getting the girl's affection a bit of a grind. Fixed by setting the minimum positive topics to 3 (maximum 5), negative topics to maximum 4 and reworking the redundant random selection to a unique random pick in characters.rpy. Probably speeds up creation time too (unverified).
  • When using a beauty cream there are no notifications whatsoever and if you use it twice or more times in a short interval, the item is consumed every time and you don't get the looks training point if it's still in cooldown. Fixed by returning false once the item is found in the inventory and displaying "You already used a beauty cream" in player.rpy (only if it's still in cooldown).
Okay, since you posted the files already...
  • The girl's sexiness for breast size works exactly as it's supposed to be. When you love really huge breasts, the game assumes you like big ones too, at least a little. Why should you like small ones? Same for small selection. Only the middle selection gets points.
  • I have my own opinion about how the game has to be balanced now. It's easy enough as it is already. I don't see any need to make it any easier.
  • That there is no notification about the use of beauty cream is on purpose. The game is not supposed to be played in an "I want to optimise it all way". If anyting, it would make more sense to show it as an effect icon, but since there is not really any effect, I didn't do that either.
Last thing, please do not distribute the files uncompressed. This will lead to a ton of problems and countless inquiries about why updates are not working if I release incremental updates. The .rpy files will be auto compiled and rpyc files I distributed will be overwritten whenever you start the game.
Checking the files and posting this took about 1 hour, so 1 hour less of game development time :)

Xomap

May 22, 2020
Okay, since you posted the files already...
  • The girl's sexiness for breast size works exactly as it's supposed to be. When you love really huge breasts, the game assumes you like big ones too, at least a little. Why should you like small ones? Same for small selection. Only the middle selection gets points.
  • I have my own opinion about how the game has to be balanced now. It's easy enough as it is already. I don't see any need to make it any easier.
  • That there is no notification about the use of beauty cream is on purpose. The game is not supposed to be played in an "I want to optimise it all way". If anyting, it would make more sense to show it as an effect icon, but since there is not really any effect, I didn't do that either.
Last thing, please do not distribute the files uncompressed. This will lead to a ton of problems and countless inquiries about why updates are not working if I release incremental updates. The .rpy files will be auto compiled and rpyc files I distributed will be overwritten whenever you start the game.
Checking the files and posting this took about 1 hour, so 1 hour less of game development time :)
Very well. Thank you so much for your time, I deleted the files as you requested. I did not publish them anywhere else, rest assured. I just wanted show my appreciation and perhaps offer a different point of view in a "notice me senpai" manner, won't happen again.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Very well. Thank you so much for your time, I deleted the files as you requested. I did not publish them anywhere else, rest assured. I just wanted show my appreciation and perhaps offer a different point of view in a "notice me senpai" manner, won't happen again.
You can post the files as rpyc files, I don't have a problem with that. But they will be overwritten with every update and you will have to do all changes again. To avoid that, you could also suggest a change and if I agree, I will do the change myself and adjust the game.
Or you could use/add your own file for the changes you do to python classes:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The init 1000 python is necessary, to make sure your definition is done after the ones inside the game.
Then you create the method you want to redefine and use the class name instead of "self" as the first attribute.
To be able to keep most of the code, I have added:
self = cl_player
Last line is to replace/redefine the method "use_item" in the cl_player class and use yours instead.

Not all changes can be done with this logic, since renpy code cannot always be replaced in a similar way. But when it's possible, it will make things a lot easier and cleaner for everyone.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
4.00 star(s) 215 Votes