Xomap

May 22, 2020
You can post the files as rpyc files, I don't have a problem with that. But they will be overwritten with every update and you will have to do all changes again. To avoid that, you could also suggest a change and if I agree, I will do the change myself and adjust the game.
Or you could use/add your own file for the changes you do to python classes:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The init 1000 python is necessary, to make sure your definition is done after the ones inside the game.
Then you create the method you want to redefine and use the class name instead of "self" as the first attribute.
To be able to keep most of the code, I have added:
self = cl_player
Last line is to replace/redefine the method "use_item" in the cl_player class and use yours instead.

Not all changes can be done with the logic, since renpy code cannot always be replaced in a similar way. But when it's possible, it will make things a lot easier and cleaner for everyone.
Thank you, that's very kind and more than I could ask for. I'm glad you didn't take it as an offense and actually took the time to give me advice, that's really awesome! You're great and I wish you the best :giggle:

Last edited:
Reactions: darkhound1

norb82

Sep 19, 2018
Summer Weekend Fan Art : Duck pond in the Sky.

Reliable sources claim summer has come around, even in the dark corners where Daz artists (or ducks) usually hide.
And what is more fitting than a celebratory summer render.

So therefore, a new Fan art girl.

Who is taking a break from her normal routine of walking through Holiday Island's intro.
(I am sure Darkhound1 won't mind her relaxing a bit with me)

View attachment 691186
She wasnt on HI yet but she is known from other games, and not one game :D

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
Summer Weekend Fan Art : Duck pond in the Sky.

Reliable sources claim summer has come around, even in the dark corners where Daz artists (or ducks) usually hide.
And what is more fitting than a celebratory summer render.

So therefore, a new Fan art girl.

Who is taking a break from her normal routine of walking through Holiday Island's intro.
(I am sure Darkhound1 won't mind her relaxing a bit with me)

View attachment 691186
Pigtails redhead :

hannibal.gif

Sunset79

Dec 8, 2018
I have a question.
Can i change the girls on the island? (how?).
I dont have ALICE on my island, so i can not ask her about the flower for AMY.

How long does it take that YVETTE comes back after she help her sister? it seems she left about 2 weeks.

Greets .. Sunset ..

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Arch Dandy

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
I have a question.
Can i change the girls on the island? (how?).
I dont have ALICE on my island, so i can not ask her about the flower for AMY.

How long does it take that YVETTE comes back after she help her sister? it seems she left about 2 weeks.

Greets .. Sunset ..
Check the guide in the OP.
You can't change girls right away, speak to the reception girl to send away, invite a girl etc.
Yvette : invite her back after a weak but you must have a free slot on the island (send a girl away if you don't).

Reactions: Bantry

z4ro4

Jul 25, 2018
Hi, quick question guys, how to switch girls on island ? got a talk with Joy about this that it's suppose to be through reception (?), but can't find the option anywhere ;/ Tried to google to no avail.

Also think I've got a bug or something since almost everytime I go towards my room or reception I see Eva arrival over and over.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Hi, quick question guys, how to switch girls on island ? got a talk with Joy about this that it's suppose to be through reception (?), but can't find the option anywhere ;/ Tried to google to no avail.

Also think I've got a bug or something since almost every time I go towards my room or reception I see Eva arrival over and over.
Same problem here ..
happening-again.gif

There IS a search function within the thread in the upper right corner of your screen. Far quicker and more accurate than Google.

f95-search.gif

There is also a Guide and Puppet Master's FAQ which have answers to just about any question that gets repeatedly asked.

Reading.png

So one again, here is the answer about Eva, which can also be found on the developer's Patreon page under known bugs and fixes.

Eva repeat.PNG

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
And the question i want to ask is Yvette's bust is implants?
The reason we are puzzled by the question is that we cannot figure out how knowing whether Yvette has implants or not is going to affect the game. According to the game/mod, she does. I don't recall a scene/event/appointment, where she says one way or the other, but maybe if you replay all of Yvette's 74 achievements you can find one or two and let us know.

Xomap

May 22, 2020
You can post the files as rpyc files, I don't have a problem with that. But they will be overwritten with every update and you will have to do all changes again.
BTW, I'd like to suggest using Git to version ren'py games (and ren'py itself) from source as a player (not only as a dev), it's really helpful to track changes, learning how to make your own game by example, removing temporary files and compressing multiple games without redundancy between dependencies and original content... That's why I use unrpyc to deobfuscate game scripts and don't really have an issue with redoing changes, also I can track the developer's progress and identify if a file is possibly malicious, if a library doesn't match the official files or if a certain line provides access to other files and/or system settings ;) I'm not telling you how to do your job, just thought it might be useful to other technology-aware users.
The init 1000 was a big help, though, I just started learning Ren'py a few weeks ago and I'm still getting the hang of it. Thanks again!

Last edited:

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
BTW, I'd like to suggest using Git to version ren'py games (and ren'py itself) from source as a player (not only as a dev), it's really helpful to track changes, learning how to make your own game by example, removing temporary files and compressing multiple games without redundancy between dependencies and original content... That's why I use unrpyc to deobfuscate game scripts and don't really have an issue with redoing changes, also I can track the developer's progress and identify if a file is possibly malicious, if a library doesn't match the official files or if a certain line provides access to other files and/or system settings ;) I'm not telling you how to do your job, just thought it might be useful to other technology-aware users.
The init 1000 was a big help, though, I just started learning Ren'py a few weeks ago and I'm still getting the hang of it. Thanks again!
GIT is a pain in the ass and creates far more problems than solutions for a single user development project. I have my own version management that works better and is far easier to handle.
I have tried GIT for about two weeks with my project, almost smashed my keyboard about 10 times...
It makes sense for multi developer environments, we're using it at work too, but for my home project, it's just not the right tool.
And...
You will have issues with redoing changes when you did it the 10th time and when the files have changed in a way, that your version management tools can do shit. I reorganize stuff all the time and move whole areas, functions or classes to other (or new) files from one version to another.

Reactions: junior366 and Xomap
4.00 star(s) 215 Votes