Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Version 0.2.2 beta - development news (updated 20. June 2020)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.2.2 beta) and the smaller updates towards it.​
There will be smaller, more frequent content updates, called content addons. They will include bug fixes and new content as well.​
The change log below is based on the beta 0.2.1.0 release.​
The next release is 0.2.1.2 beta which will be an incremental update for Windows and Mac.
It will include some new features and some bug fixes as well.
As of right now, the update from 0.2.1.0 to 0.2.1.2 has:
261 additional renders, videos or sound files
50 updated renders (Yvette arrival, Jennifer workout instructions, Renée poker)

New features and content
  • Renée gets a poker reward scene that involves some hand and mouth action --> still working on it
  • Faye gets an appointment in the new player room, which you'll be able to get when she wins the redesigned butt contest --> still working on it
  • Faye gets the pool sun lotion scene --> still working on it (renders are done)
  • Renée gets improved poker images, several undressing images and much improved interaction and dialogue --> will be part of 0.2.1.2
  • The butt contest will be completely reworked with new images and more interaction --> will be part of 0.2.1.2
  • Faye gets a pool distraction event --> will be part of 0.2.1.2
  • Eva gets the workout yoga scene --> is part of 0.2.1.1
  • Jessica gets a shower event in her room, leaving the door open --> is part of 0.2.1.1
  • Yvette gets a short event which starts in the hallway and ends at the MC's door --> is part of 0.2.1.1
  • A new app to manage the dream images has been added. You can activate and deactivate the dream images for each girl --> is part of 0.2.1.1
  • Eva gets an improved and longer arrival scene with two achievements and a new dream image --> is part of 0.2.1.1
Minor improvements and changes
  • As promised earlier, Amy's third massage appointment has been made repeatable. When you check on her in her room, you'll be able to make an appointment --> will be part of 0.2.1.2
  • Amy can invite you to dinner now if you let her win the butt or wet-t contest --> will be part of 0.2.1.2
  • Amy and Mercedes get achievements for cheating at the butt contest --> will be part of 0.2.1.2
  • The butt contest has been added as an achievement for all girls except Joy --> will be part of 0.2.1.2
  • Jennifer's workout instructions images for talking and pecs training will be redone in 2560x1440 webp format --> will be part of 0.2.1.2
  • The spa area will be open until 20:00 now (was 19:00). Also the probability that girls use the sauna has been increased --> will be part of 0.2.1.2
  • The guess who minigame gets 5 additional pictures to guess --> is part of 0.2.1.1
  • The game will count weekly and total masturbations per girl now. A new trophy to display the data has been added as well --> is part of 0.2.1.1
  • Jennifer gets a new dream image when you let her help you with weight lifting --> is part of 0.2.1.1
  • Jennifer gets a new phone image when she explains the pecs training --> is part of 0.2.1.1
  • Yvette gets a new dream image when you look at her chest during the arrival scene --> is part of 0.2.1.1
  • All images in Yvette's arrival scene have been redone in double resolution webp format. Also the dialogue has been improved. --> is part of 0.2.1.1
Bug fixes
  • Brightness adjustment in phone app for player room picture frames did not work for all images --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.2
  • Fixed a bug in the app that allows to restrict dream images. Sometimes the deactivated images were still used --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.2
  • Crash with "IndexError: list index out of range" during weight lifting scene, when Faye has not been on the island yet --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.2
  • Eva's arrival scene repeats over and over again when you walk to your from your room --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.2
  • Jessica's shower event does not end when she catches you spying on her, instead it continues --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.2
  • The guess who minigame gets two fixes. Black image corrected and initialization corrected. You could not get all images until you loaded an older save and run it through the save patcher --> is fixed with 0.2.1.1
  • If you try to visit the sauna, but Yvette has never been on the island at that time, you get a crash --> is fixed with 0.2.1.1
  • One of the pictures in the "guess who" minigame app is not shown --> is fixed with 0.2.1.1
  • The scene with Heather in the MC's room after her second arrival scene does repeats up to 20 times --> is fixed with 0.2.1.1
  • Scrolling through images for your player room can lead to a crash:
    Exception: Expected an image, but got a general displayable.
    The same can happen if you add a new image to your player room picture frames --> is fixed with 0.2.1.1
  • In Heather's first arrival scene, the second image is not displayed. Instead you see a blank screen --> is fixed with 0.2.1.1
  • When you send a girl away, she loses 40% of her love, instead of 20% affection and 20% love --> is fixed with 0.2.1.1
  • In the intro, the number of available scenes for each character was one too low --> is fixed with 0.2.1.1

Is the update going to break save games?
0.2.1.1 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.
0.2.1.2 beta --> same as for 0.2.1.1​

Estimated release dates:
0.2.1.1 beta --> available since 30. of May 2020 from here:
0.2.1.2 beta --> no idea yet

Last edited:

Alfagrem

Aug 23, 2017
Only game I've patreon'd for over a year now ($10) as all others have dropped by the wayside.

My only quibble is that mine and the author's taste in women seems to differ as my favorite girls (Brenda & Lacey) seem to trail in development to the ones who I generally 'bench' asap (Yvette and Faye).

But at least Heather gets a good few scenes.

Reactions: brianiac and D.One

D.One

Mar 2, 2018
Only game I've patreon'd for over a year now ($10) as all others have dropped by the wayside.

My only quibble is that mine and the author's taste in women seems to differ as my favorite girls (Brenda & Lacey) seem to trail in development to the ones who I generally 'bench' asap (Yvette and Faye).

But at least Heather gets a good few scenes.
Of course I support Holiday Island (and Timestamps and Flirty F). But Darkhound1 is the best, in support, in interaction, in updates etc. Although I prefer Jessica, Amy och Desire...so I am quite happy (I am always happy!!!)

PhantomStranger

Oct 23, 2017
Sorry if this has been already answered, but is there any console code to unlock the first Amy achievement (the remade plane scene)?

I'd really rather not restart after reaching day 213 for just one scene, but that missing achievement really bugs me.

Thank you in advance.

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
Sorry if this has been already answered, but is there any console code to unlock the first Amy achievement (the remade plane scene)?

I'd really rather not restart after reaching day 213 for just one scene, but that missing achievement really bugs me.

Thank you in advance.
It is a permanent achievement. Just save your game, start a new game and watch Amy arrive, then reload your save. The achievement will be there (although marked with a P for permanent).

PhantomStranger

Oct 23, 2017
It is a permanent achievement. Just save your game, start a new game and watch Amy arrive, then reload your save. The achievement will be there (although marked with a P for permanent).
Thanks for your input.
Unfortunately I have already tried that, it looks like I unlocked it but the achievement total is still 84/85...
Any way to fix that?

Thanks again.

screenshot0001.png

SciGuy

May 8, 2018
Version 0.2.2 beta - development news (updated 20. June 2020)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.2.2 beta) and the smaller updates towards it.​
There will be smaller, more frequent content updates, called content addons. They will include bug fixes and new content as well.​
The change log below is based on the beta 0.2.1.0 release.​
The next release is 0.2.1.2 beta which will be an incremental update for Windows and Mac.
It will include some new features and some bug fixes as well.
As of right now, the update from 0.2.1.0 to 0.2.1.2 has:
261 additional renders, videos or sound files
50 updated renders (Yvette arrival, Jennifer workout instructions, Renée poker)

New features and content
  • Renée gets a poker reward scene that involves some hand and mouth action --> still working on it
  • Faye gets an appointment in the new player room, which you'll be able to get when she wins the redesigned butt contest --> still working on it
  • Faye gets the pool sun lotion scene --> still working on it (renders are done)
  • Renée gets improved poker images, several undressing images and much improved interaction and dialogue --> will be part of 0.2.1.2
  • The butt contest will be completely reworked with new images and more interaction --> will be part of 0.2.1.2
  • Faye gets a pool distraction event --> will be part of 0.2.1.2
  • Eva gets the workout yoga scene --> is part of 0.2.1.1
  • Jessica gets a shower event in her room, leaving the door open --> is part of 0.2.1.1
  • Yvette gets a short event which starts in the hallway and ends at the MC's door --> is part of 0.2.1.1
  • A new app to manage the dream images has been added. You can activate and deactivate the dream images for each girl --> is part of 0.2.1.1
  • Eva gets an improved and longer arrival scene with two achievements and a new dream image --> is part of 0.2.1.1
Minor improvements and changes
  • As promised earlier, Amy's third massage appointment has been made repeatable. When you check on her in her room, you'll be able to make an appointment --> will be part of 0.2.1.2
  • Amy can invite you to dinner now if you let her win the butt or wet-t contest --> will be part of 0.2.1.2
  • Amy and Mercedes get achievements for cheating at the butt contest --> will be part of 0.2.1.2
  • The butt contest has been added as an achievement for all girls except Joy --> will be part of 0.2.1.2
  • Jennifer's workout instructions images for talking and pecs training will be redone in 2560x1440 webp format --> will be part of 0.2.1.2
  • The spa area will be open until 20:00 now (was 19:00). Also the probability that girls use the sauna has been increased --> will be part of 0.2.1.2
  • The guess who minigame gets 5 additional pictures to guess --> is part of 0.2.1.1
  • The game will count weekly and total masturbations per girl now. A new trophy to display the data has been added as well --> is part of 0.2.1.1
  • Jennifer gets a new dream image when you let her help you with weight lifting --> is part of 0.2.1.1
  • Jennifer gets a new phone image when she explains the pecs training --> is part of 0.2.1.1
  • Yvette gets a new dream image when you look at her chest during the arrival scene --> is part of 0.2.1.1
  • All images in Yvette's arrival scene have been redone in double resolution webp format. Also the dialogue has been improved. --> is part of 0.2.1.1
Bug fixes
  • Brightness adjustment in phone app for player room picture frames did not work for all images --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.2
  • Fixed a bug in the app that allows to restrict dream images. Sometimes the deactivated images were still used --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.2
  • Crash with "IndexError: list index out of range" during weight lifting scene, when Faye has not been on the island yet --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.2
  • Eva's arrival scene repeats over and over again when you walk to your from your room --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.2
  • Jessica's shower event does not end when she catches you spying on her, instead it continues --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.2
  • The guess who minigame gets two fixes. Black image corrected and initialization corrected. You could not get all images until you loaded an older save and run it through the save patcher --> is fixed with 0.2.1.1
  • If you try to visit the sauna, but Yvette has never been on the island at that time, you get a crash --> is fixed with 0.2.1.1
  • One of the pictures in the "guess who" minigame app is not shown --> is fixed with 0.2.1.1
  • The scene with Heather in the MC's room after her second arrival scene does repeats up to 20 times --> is fixed with 0.2.1.1
  • Scrolling through images for your player room can lead to a crash:
    Exception: Expected an image, but got a general displayable.
    The same can happen if you add a new image to your player room picture frames --> is fixed with 0.2.1.1
  • In Heather's first arrival scene, the second image is not displayed. Instead you see a blank screen --> is fixed with 0.2.1.1
  • When you send a girl away, she loses 40% of her love, instead of 20% affection and 20% love --> is fixed with 0.2.1.1
  • In the intro, the number of available scenes for each character was one too low --> is fixed with 0.2.1.1

Is the update going to break save games?
0.2.1.1 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.
0.2.1.2 beta --> same as for 0.2.1.1​

Estimated release dates:
0.2.1.1 beta --> available since 30. of May 2020 from here:
0.2.1.2 beta --> no idea yet
Totally gobsmacked by the sheer volume of the regular updates to this game.
VERY happy to hear Amy's 3rd massage will soon be repeatable!
The newest models added to the game have been stunners, and while Miranda and Mercedes are "big boned" girls they're still sexy AF. Amy is in a league by herself - KUDOS!
Look people, head on over to Patreon and throw the Dev at LEAST $1. I don't think most of y'all realize how many hours go into game development. If you don't care for sandbox games, you haven't played a good one. This is prolly the best one out there. Try it. Love it. Support it!

norb82

Sep 19, 2018
#weekendfanart

alice lifeguard duty.png

Miriam: Oh Alice, thank you so much for helping me to replace me on my dayoff!
Alice: You are welcome. But where will I find the uniform?
Miriam: It should be there in the tower. my swimsuit is here with me, but there must be an other one.
Alice: There is, but it's a male uniform.
Miriam: Oh! Sorry Alice, but you can't wear anything else on duty, only official uniform. Sorry, its a rule. None of other clothes are allowed.
Alice: Ok, Miriam, dont worry. It's fine for me.

D

Deleted member 2069402

Is the result of the hot shot roulette determined the moment it is turned? If not, can the result change depending on the timing of the click?

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Is the result of the hot shot roulette determined the moment it is turned? If not, can the result change depending on the timing of the click?
I'm not aware of any result being determined ahead of time. Yumiko spins the wheel and it stops when you click. Never tried not clicking, so unknown if the wheel would eventually slow down and stop on its own. Out of curiosity, why do you want to know?

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
It's calculated the moment you click, but it does not depend on when you click or how the wheel turns.

Reactions: brianiac
4.00 star(s) 215 Votes