Tekky92

May 26, 2019
Hello has anyone run into this problem before yet?
Thank you in advance

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/functions.rpy", line 3010, in <module>
File "game/characters.rpy", line 5652, in adjust_action_cooldown_timer
AttributeError: 'cl_action_cooldown' object has no attribute 'message_text'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\mendo\Desktop\G\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\mendo\Desktop\G\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 578, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\Users\mendo\Desktop\G\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 143, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "C:\Users\mendo\Desktop\G\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 908, in run_context
context.run()
File "game/script.rpyc", line 1109, in script call
File "game/functions.rpyc", line 3010, in script
File "C:\Users\mendo\Desktop\G\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\mendo\Desktop\G\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Holiday Island 0.2.2.0
Sun Aug 09 09:46:19 2020

Bull-dog

Oct 12, 2018
Hello, first of all congratulations on this very pleasant game.
I have an error occuring so I ask you for help thank you.

While loading <'MatrixColor' <'Crop' <'Image' u'sexting/Alice/Alice_sexting300.jpg'> 1066 20 300 588> (1, 0, 0, 0, -0.05, 0, 1, 0, 0, -0.05, 0, 0, 1, 0, -0.05, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1)>:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
error: subsurface rectangle outside surface area.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017

While loading <'MatrixColor' <'Crop' <'Image' u'sexting/Alice/Alice_sexting300.jpg'> 1066 20 300 588> (1, 0, 0, 0, -0.05, 0, 1, 0, 0, -0.05, 0, 0, 1, 0, -0.05, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1)>:
Without a full traceback we are only guessing. What were you doing prior to receiving the error?

apolloladdie

Aug 5, 2017
One of the best things I like about this game is the nonlinear (primarily) sandbox way you can play the game. Keep up the spectacular work.

The only thing (IMO) that would make it better is the chance of impregnating a girl on the island.

Reactions: Bantry

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Started over again to try to duplicate. Day 5 Midnight 0:00, Lottery Letter. After reading letter time is 0:30 and I am still in my room. Got to bar with one girl indicated, and although she is shown time is now 0:00 again. Something weird is going on.

Day 6-7 Day 6 23:30 at the bar, 4 girls. Pass time get lottery letter and read it time is now 0:30, 3 girls in bar Icon only one in bar. Attached save from Day 6 at 23:30 for those who ant to test it.
Thanks for taking the time to check and replicate the issue.
Your last problem and this one are not related though. In your new one, only the wrong number is still displayed, because the time hasn't been fully updated. The full update to the time happens when you change the location.
In any case, I have corrected the time update problem as well. If you want to have the fix, you can use the attached file and extract it to your game folder.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Can I have a save? I need a save! Please, I'm begging for a complete save. Yes, I admit, I'm lazy and just want to fap to pretty pictures. Gimme a save!

Not to rain on anyone's parade of those constantly begging for saves, but Holiday Island is a sandbox game featuring completely non-linear gameplay. A sandbox is a style of game in which minimal character limitations are placed on the gamer, allowing the gamer to roam and change a virtual world at will. In contrast to a progression-style game, a sandbox game emphasizes roaming and allows the gamer to select tasks. Instead of featuring segmented areas or numbered levels, a sandbox game usually occurs in a “world” to which the gamer has full access from start to finish. Sandbox games can include structured elements – such as mini-games, tasks, submissions and storylines – that may be ignored by gamers. For this reason, tasks and side missions usually follow a progression, where tasks are unlocked upon successful task completion.

In other words a 'Save' will not help you as many of the scenes/events/appointments do not repeat. You could have a complete save, as you call it, from someone with every achievement fulfilled and you would be limited to just the scenes that are repeatable and miss out on almost half the game.

Lastly the 'Save' posted above is from immediately starting the game,, just to prove the point that a save will do you no good.

Do yourself a favor and play the game.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Hello has anyone run into this problem before yet?
Thank you in advance

While running game code:

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\mendo\Desktop\G\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\mendo\Desktop\G\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 578, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\Users\mendo\Desktop\G\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 143, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "C:\Users\mendo\Desktop\G\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 908, in run_context
context.run()
File "C:\Users\mendo\Desktop\G\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\mendo\Desktop\G\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Holiday Island 0.2.2.0
Sun Aug 09 09:46:19 2020
When does this happen? Directly when you load an older save game?
If it happens later during gameplay, you probably had an error during the save update process and clicked ignore.

My guess it happens when you go to teh new player room, right?
If that is the case, delete the Alice sexting pic from you picture frames. The sizing/crop values are bugged.

shinomond

Nov 21, 2017
Thanks for taking the time to check and replicate the issue.
Your last problem and this one are not related though. In your new one, only the wrong number is still displayed, because the time hasn't been fully updated. The full update to the time happens when you change the location.
In any case, I have corrected the time update problem as well. If you want to have the fix, you can use the attached file and extract it to your game folder.
Thanks for this, at least I am not imagining things, it was starting to sound like a car problem that disappears when you take it to the mechanic. Everything works fine so far with the hotfix.

Reactions: Bantry

Tekky92

May 26, 2019
When does this happen? Directly when you load an older save game?
If it happens later during gameplay, you probably had an error during the save update process and clicked ignore.

Yeah I tried loading in a version 0.2.0.1.
I started off in my room and tried to sleep until next morning, and the error pops up. I might have hit ignored previously but I can not recall, have not touched the game since early May. Is there any possible fix or do I have to begin from the beginning?

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Try doing a fresh install of the game and the Companion Mod if you are using it. Don't overwrite the previous files, do a clean install, meaning delete everything, but make a copy of your 'saves' folder, which can be found under the game folder. Save it somewhere else so you can readily find it again. Then delete everything and reinstall. Once that is done, then copy the 'saves' folder back into the game folder of the fresh install. Start the game and load your prior save and wait until the game says that it has successfully completed the update to the new version, 0.2.2.0. Then you should be good to go. Good luck.

Reactions: junior366

iceza

Oct 4, 2017
i have this error with alice how can i fix it?

While running game code:
File "game/gui_screens.rpy", line 2748, in execute
File "game/gui_screens.rpy", line 2749, in execute
File "game/gui_screens.rpy", line 2305, in execute
File "game/gui_screens.rpy", line 2307, in execute
File "game/gui_screens.rpy", line 2308, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 4, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 5, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 128, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 155, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 158, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 162, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 186, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 216, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 216, in keywords
AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'favor'

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpyc", line 337, in script
[u>c�۪�3�z?�OS���&�6 ����Xu����_2_A�o�?P�M�U�����U��5��І��l�V��а�|�7��� ˋS��m������y�����9!�����"�?v��CŇ"�?J��Bҏ�cg����XD�r4~�b�K�o���/G�^Q��n�u�Ҭ�Ô����[4��5��F����qE�6���F���#�v��5ؿk�2�? �N ��|M�x�
File "D:\H-game\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1949, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "D:\H-game\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1937, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "D:\H-game\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "D:\H-game\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "D:\H-game\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "D:\H-game\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "D:\H-game\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "D:\H-game\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "D:\H-game\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
File "D:\H-game\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "D:\H-game\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "D:\H-game\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
self.update()
File "D:\H-game\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/gui_screens.rpy", line 2749, in execute
File "game/gui_screens.rpy", line 2307, in execute
File "game/gui_screens.rpy", line 2308, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 5, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 128, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 158, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 162, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 186, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 216, in execute
File "game/gui_screens_new_ui.rpy", line 216, in keywords
File "<screen language>", line 216, in <module>
AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'favor'

shinomond

Nov 21, 2017
Dear Darkhound1,

It is me again, I don't know how I keep finding these types of little cosmetic errors and bugs but I found another when trying to assign Brenda to room service and noticed Natasha shows up multiple times on the selection screen. This seems to linked to Natasha only as other girl combinations display correctly so far.

Edit: If I assign Natasha all the other girls I try display correctly, but as soon as I free up Natasha as an option she shows multiple times. Though not gonna lie, having more Natasha is a good thing in my book.

Edit2: Also it only does this for the room service selection screen, Reception and Doctor screens display fine.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 214 Votes