zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
Just for kicks, priority list when you don't know something:
1. ask the receptionist
2. read the guide
3. search the thread
4. failing all three above ask a question here
Note, number 4 is number 4, not number 1. I hope you all know enough math to see the difference.

yankeeInKy

Mar 1, 2020
Tickets to the Movies

Looking in the fridge. Well damn outta creamer. I better hit the little shop near reception and grab some before they close. Down the stairs and time to spare. Glancing thru the shelves. Ah man. Bah, powder creamer. I well atleast it's something.

Making my way out of the store and would ya looky there it's SiJa checking stuff out on the shelf. Most other guests I've scared off due to musical tastes but as for now there's two guests I get along well with. SiJa and Bantry. Those two I can share smart ass remarks and torment them and they give it right back. Recently I met another guest junior366 he seems pretty cool and does rate high on my music scale being a follow fan of Black Sabbath. He should fit nicely ;)

Hmm should I just leave him be..Naaah no fun in that. I walk behind him and start singing Ice Cream Man by Van Halen.

Good evening sir, and the banter begins. Oh good evening Yankee. let me guess? Getting supplies for calling spirits later after Faye leaves.

Oh now SiJa we all know the best time is 3am also know as the dead hour. I have not gotta around to that but thank for the reminder. His look is priceless but responses in SiJa fashion.

Yankee I still wonder why we get alone so well, but will admit your definitely different sir. I respond. Well kind sir it's because I add a special WTF to your day. We both laugh.

While I have you here. I was wondering. You took Amy to a movie here on the island. Is that available for all guests or do I have to grovel at your feet for tickets. I'd like to take Faye to a dinner and movie soon.

Here is comes. Grovel you say? Can I call Amy and Alice and have them enjoy that moment too.

I can't help but laugh and respond. I hate your ass, but touche sir. After regaining our composure after a good laugh.

Yankee It's available first come first service. Just check with reception. SiJa heads for the exit. If you'll excuse me I have a ice cream party planned for Amy soon and winks at me.

Oh gotta end this conversion well, being a smart ass. Oh well don't let me hold you up. Oh when you can. Could you send me the ingredients for Sensual Chocolate. I'm sure Faye would love to try some. he shakes his head and laughs as he exits.

Ok, Back to my room and get ready to meet Faye for the evening. Wait, is that Bantry? Why's he walking so fast after he saw me.

Calls out. Aww come on Bantry, Ok, the music was extreme but wasn't day was complete...Your welcome??? Damn look at him go.

• Haha
Reactions: SiJa and junior366

junior366

Jun 20, 2017
Tickets to the Movies

Looking in the fridge. Well damn outta creamer. I better hit the little shop near reception and grab some before they close. Down the stairs and time to spare. Glancing thru the shelves. Ah man. Bah, powder creamer. I well atleast it's something.

Making my way out of the store and would ya looky there it's SiJa checking stuff out on the shelf. Most other guests I've scared off due to musical tastes but as for now there's two guests I get along well with. SiJa and Bantry. Those two I can share smart ass remarks and torment them and they give it right back. Recently I met another guest junior366 he seems pretty cool and does rate high on my music scale being a follow fan of Black Sabbath. He should fit nicely ;)

Hmm should I just leave him be..Naaah no fun in that. I walk behind him and start singing Ice Cream Man by Van Halen.

Good evening sir, and the banter begins. Oh good evening Yankee. let me guess? Getting supplies for calling spirits later after Faye leaves.

Oh now SiJa we all know the best time is 3am also know as the dead hour. I have not gotta around to that but thank for the reminder. His look is priceless but responses in SiJa fashion.

Yankee I still wonder why we get alone so well, but will admit your definitely different sir. I respond. Well kind sir it's because I add a special WTF to your day. We both laugh.

While I have you here. I was wondering. You took Amy to a movie here on the island. Is that available for all guests or do I have to grovel at your feet for tickets. I'd like to take Faye to a dinner and movie soon.

Here is comes. Grovel you say? Can I call Amy and Alice and have them enjoy that moment too.

I can't help but laugh and respond. I hate your ass, but touche sir. After regaining our composure after a good laugh.

Yankee It's available first come first service. Just check with reception. SiJa heads for the exit. If you'll excuse me I have a ice cream party planned for Amy soon and winks at me.

Oh gotta end this conversion well, being a smart ass. Oh well don't let me hold you up. Oh when you can. Could you send me the ingredients for Sensual Chocolate. I'm sure Faye would love to try some. he shakes his head and laughs as he exits.

Ok, Back to my room and get ready to meet Faye for the evening. Wait, is that Bantry? Why's he walking so fast after he saw me.

Calls out. Aww come on Bantry, Ok, the music was extreme but wasn't day was complete...Your welcome??? Damn look at him go.
Doesn't the Dragon Poo coffee also work as a laxative? That might be the reason! Actually a movie theater doesn't sound like a bad idea, could also be used as another place for public sex rendezvous!

• Haha
Reactions: SiJa and yankeeInKy

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Version 0.2.3 beta - development news (updated 06. September 2020)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.2.3 beta) and the smaller updates towards it.​
There will be smaller, more frequent content updates, called content addons. They will include bug fixes and new content as well.
The change log below is based on the beta 0.2.2.0 release.​
The next release is 0.2.2.2 beta which will be an incremental update for Windows, Linux and Mac. It will include some new features and some bug fixes as well.
As of right now, the update from 0.2.2.0 to 0.2.2.2 has:
196 additional renders, videos or sound files
updated renders

New features and content
  • A new location, the underground lab and infirmary will be introduced with two new special characters --> still working on it
  • A new scene when the MC jogs at the beach and hurts himself will be added. It's a scene with Miriam that leads to the discovery of the underground lab --> still working on it
  • Mercedes gets an event where she works out at night as part of her quest line --> still working on it
  • Brenda gets the pool sunbed and pool pose scenes --> still working on it
  • Heather gets an extended event with 3 achievements where she visit your room asking for sun lotion --> will be part of 0.2.2.2
  • Renée gets an extended pool play scene with 3 achievements --> will be part of 0.2.2.2
  • Mercedes will be overlooking the pool during the day and you can talk and interact with her (a long scene with 3 achievements) --> will be part of 0.2.2.2
  • Yvette gets an additional arrival scene when she has been the plane girl --> will be part of 0.2.2.2
  • Yvette can be the plane girl and she gets an extended scene on the plane --> will be part of 0.2.2.2
  • An intro quest line with 19 steps has been added, that will trigger when you arrive on the island. It will teach new players some of the game mechanics --> will be part of 0.2.2.2
Minor improvements and changes
  • The probability for short events in the player room have been lowered. The more often you have seen them, the lower the probability to get them again --> will be part of 0.2.2.2
  • In case you miss an appointment, the girl you stood up will get angry and send you a text. Next time you talk with her, she will also complain about it --> will be part of 0.2.2.2
  • The save and load slots will get numbers on them for easier navigation --> will be part of 0.2.2.2
  • The initial girl selection process has been newly coded from scratch. This includes the selection of the plane girl and the initial island population. As a result, this should make the general experience of the first couple of in game days much better. Especially if you mainly selected low tier girls. --> will be part of 0.2.2.2
Bug fixes
  • When you have no sun lotion, Faye's sun lotion scene at the pool will crash with: 'cl_character' object has no attribute 'swimwwear' --> will be fixed with 0.2.2.2

Is the update going to break save games?

0.2.2.1 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.
0.2.2.2 beta --> same as for 0.2.2.1​

Estimated release dates:

0.2.2.1 beta --> available since 11th of August from this post:
0.2.2.2 beta --> no idea yet

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
Went for swim in the sea again today.
Caught sight of a nice view when walking into the sea...
Managed to take a stealthy photo.
Now just need to work out how I could add this to my room gallery :unsure:

Swim 01.png

Kiskocya

Dec 2, 2019
Hey everybody,

I half expect to be bashed over the head with bantry's guide, but ...

I can't trigger the last sex scene with Joy.
Each time, Joy tells me there are no more wishes and sends me on my way.

screenshot7280.jpg

Unless I missed something, I have all the requirements.

So ... what do you think? ... pebcak, borked save file or game bug ?

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
Hey everybody,

I half expect to be bashed over the head with bantry's guide, but ...

I can't trigger the last sex scene with Joy.
Each time, Joy tells me there are no more wishes and sends me on my way.

View attachment 804117

Unless I missed something, I have all the requirements.

So ... what do you think? ... pebcak, borked save file or game bug ?
I don't think this is in the Guide, Bantry correct me if I am wrong.
Joy needs to be wearing certain clothes and also you need some luck to continue.
Tip: before going into her office save and then if you don't continue to the last scene with Joy, you could go back and try again :unsure:

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
Joy needs to be wearing certain clothes and also you need some luck to continue.
Tip: before going into her office save and then if you don't continue to the last scene with Joy, you could go back and try again :unsure:
I believe it needs to be her blue suit. At least that was it for me.

Reactions: Bantry and Kiskocya

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
You could always get the hair color right by doing what Yvette did for Hotshots, temporary spray in color, just sayin'! Nevertheless, still a GREAT picture!
I could have, yes, but that was not my aim.

Alice and Heather both stay Alice and Heather in looks when they dress up.
They do not change their hair color or cut in the game.

So I decided to stay in character. Therefore it is a Alice cosplay render.
She is not trying to be Lara Croft, but Alice Croft (if that makes sense).

Now mind you, all that said, I am as curious as the next person ;)

And when a setup works (not a cheap exercise in time to get to that point, unless one accept the off the shelf quality, which can be anywhere from good to horrible) it is comparatively easy to modify it in numerous ways.

So I have of course done tests with her as darker haired, see through, swimsuits and what not.
But the blonde version looks better.

And thanks, I like it rather a lot too, both because it works but also because it is a big step up in the maximum technical difficulty I can manage to do when I put in the time (9 hours) and effort.

Last edited:

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
You are not wrong, it came out in 0.2.2.1 and the last update of the Guide was 0.2.2.0. The next Guide update will probably be 0.2.2.2 as there will be a fair amount of new content, like Mercedes at the pool.

As for the Joy scene ... I forget at times, what seems obvious to me, (like saving your game and trying again with different variables, wardrobe, stats, etc.) are not common to a lot of players that want a step-by-step walkthrough. It's a balancing act as to how much to include in the Guide. That's something Puppet Master and I disagreed on. I didn't want to spend the time to write, format and include every possible Appointment, Event, Scene (that make up the achievements) in the Guide and turn it into 300+ pages. Especially since most players do not bother to read it.

yankeeInKy

Mar 1, 2020
Ok. For the life of me I can't get the Yvette nightmare scene to trigger. I'm in day 128. I've got the scene saved. Waaay back in day 15. Any tips. I want to say it triggered after playing poker, but not sure.

Reactions: brianiac

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
Ok. For the life of me I can't get the Yvette nightmare scene to trigger. I'm in day 128. I've got the scene saved. Waaay back in day 15. Any tips. I want to say it triggered after playing poker, but not sure.
Its a random event, but normally I trigger it when she has High Lust and have kept her stats high and interacted with her for a day or two.

Reactions: brianiac

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
That's one of those random scenes that can be a pain, especially since you have to see it twice to get all the achievements. You might try leaving the nightbar early before it closes and going to bed. That was one of the components for Natasha's visit. May work, it may not.

yankeeInKy

Mar 1, 2020
Its a random event, but normally I trigger it when she has High Lust and have kept her stats high and interacted with her for a day or two.
That's what I was thinking. High lust. Lol gotta,resist the sunbed scene with lotion.
Hope you enjoy the skit I included you and Bantry in. Was fun to write.

Reactions: SiJa

yankeeInKy

Mar 1, 2020
That's one of those random scenes that can be a pain, especially since you have to see it twice to get all the achievements. You might try leaving the nightbar early before it closes and going to bed. That was one of the components for Natasha's visit. May work, it may not.
Thank ya sir. Let me know when you get your poo lol. Kinda went overboard. You definitely got more then a pot lol. Enjoy.

• Haha
Reactions: SiJa and Bantry
4.10 star(s) 214 Votes