SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.3.0 beta).
The changelog below is based on the beta 0.2.3.0 release.

The next main release is 0.3.0 beta which will be a new full update for Windows, Linux and Mac. It will include a lot of new features and some bug fixes as well.
As of right now, the update from 0.2.3.0 to 0.3.0 has:
579 additional renders, videos or sound files
updated renders

New features and content
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Minor improvements and changes
Bug fixes
Is the update going to break save games?:
Estimated release dates:

0.3.0.0 beta --> no idea yet

Last edited:

Kiskocya

Dec 2, 2019
Eh, maybe a stupid question, but why would you want to unlock them when you can play them? They are not that hard.
In my case, I find the effort/reward ratio of the cum congestion scenes to be too high.
I could just forget about them, but ... these events DO count towards the unseen scenes counter.
That's particularly annoying when a new update comes out and you try to see all the new content.

Rant: to add insult to injury, half the time in these scenes is spent looking at the MC's dick ... a badly textured dick.
I mean, the skin texture for the head should be totally different that the shaft.
If you don't believe me, look down your own pants.

• Haha
Reactions: Aereon1104

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
There is no right or wrong way to play the game and I understand the whole completing every achievement thing. Still, some of the, let's say less desirable, fun, boring, whatever you want to call them achievements, can be saved until late in the game after you have completed the more involved ones. Maybe that's just me, but I can breeze through three days with just a few clicks on advancing the time icon. Not that tough, but more importantly, safer than making a mistake entering a code and borking the game. But, to each their own.

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
Firstly... to call these cheats is not really exact.
What you are doing is using the console to edit parameters during the game.
but to keep things simple we will call them cheats.

This is my opinion about this, and I am not speaking on behalf of the creator of this game...

I have no problem with someone who has an understanding of ren'py and what they are doing using these methods.
Passing these methods on to people who do not understand what they are doing... is the problem.

These people come to think using cheats will get them to see all the fun bits without putting in any effort.
These people come to think a full save file will get them to see all the fun bits without putting in any effort.
Many times they come back saying this isn't working or I can not see a scene or things are not working correctly.

The people with experience try to help them... but after some investigating it is found they have used a cheat code incorrectly, or at a time where it will cause certain things not to trigger and issues in the game.
They get told they need to scrap that save file and start again, as to fix it would take more effort than its worth.
They soon find out that the time and effort they put into cheating to save time, was wasted. So may have well just spent that time in the first place just playing the game.

I speak from experience, I have borked a full game folder and 3 save files back when I used to use cheats.
They have a large risk for a small reward if you do not know what you are doing.
:)

Viking808

Sep 10, 2019
I apologize if I asked a question that created this discussion, I thought that on this thread you could ask for things, not even I had asked for a billion euros...

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
No need to apologize. You're welcome to ask questions, but I hope you can understand and appreciate that when asking about 'cheat' codes you're treading in a difficult area. As SiJa pointed out, too often questions are asked for ways to shortcut the game, which often lead to more problems when someone Borks their game due to their own ignorance and then complains about the answer they received.

Reactions: junior366 and SiJa

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
**UPDATE**

The development news has been updated again today with just one change from earlier today...

New features and content
  • Amy's beach pose scene is reworked and gets high res webp images and some new images as well. A lot of the dialogue has been rewritten too --> will be part of 0.3.0.0

Have edited the post on the previous page for this should you want to see the full version...

https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-island-v0-2-3-2-beta-darkhound1.3782/post-5155842

Estimated release dates:

0.3.0.0 beta --> no idea yet

Zoltanovics

Dec 6, 2018
Hi everyone!
I am a big follower, always read these comments, the news, the stories and so on.
I can't wait for this big update!
Keep this work on and thank you!

Reactions: brianiac

Mr. M 11

Jun 21, 2019
I hope he makes another Faye sex scene at some point, maybe after this next update. 2 out of the 3 we have don't even visibly show her vagina, does anyone else feel it's not as arousing when you don't see the dick enter the pussy?

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.3.0 beta).
The changelog below is based on the beta 0.2.3.0 release.

The next main release is 0.3.0 beta which will be a new full update for Windows, Linux and Mac. It will include a lot of new features and some bug fixes as well.
As of right now, the update from 0.2.3.0 to 0.3.0 has:
580 additional renders, videos or sound files
updated renders

New features and content
Minor improvements and changes
Bug fixes
Is the update going to break save games?:
Estimated release dates:

0.3.0.0 beta --> no idea yet...

Last edited:

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
Just to add before people get excited about the above Development news...
Yes, it has gone down to 3 items being worked on, which is good news.

But...

As you can see the underground lab is built VN style, so is a procedural event.
It's been commented on how this will be over 3 days.
So by the looks of it, Day 1 of 3 has been done.
Development and details are yet to be added for Day2 and Day3 before this large event will be completed.

You can see Darkhound is getting through this as updates are regularly happening at a weekend...
and hopefully will not be that long before the next version will be released and we can all go back to the Island somewhere in the pacific and play the next chapter...

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
Just to add before people get excited about the above Development news...
Yes, it has gone down to 3 items being worked on, which is good news.

But...

As you can see the underground lab is built VN style, so is a procedural event.
It's been commented on how this will be over 3 days.
So by the looks of it, Day 1 of 3 has been done.
Development and details are yet to be added for Day2 and Day3 before this large event will be completed.

You can see Darkhound is getting through this as updates are regularly happening at a weekend...
and hopefully will not be that long before the next version will be released and we can all go back to the Island somewhere in the pacific and play the next chapter...

I don't know about the VN part. People are going to burn this thread even more with requests for full saves :( Ok, well it is Darkhound's choice and he is the dev. Let's see how it works out.

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
I don't know about the VN part. People are going to burn this thread even more with requests for full saves :( Ok, well it is Darkhound's choice and he is the dev. Let's see how it works out.
I have not seen it yet to know exactly how it works...
but from what I have been told and read...
It's only this underground lab event that will be created in a VN style.
The game is and will always be a Sandbox game.
Think of it as more of a very long event, so once you trigger and start it it will take a while before you end it and then can make your choice on what to do next.

It will still be that a full save will not let you see all the content without playing the game.

A full save file for a VN game is only any good to anyone if the developer of the game makes a scene replay gallery.
If no replay gallery... you will have a file that puts you on the last image/text of that version and all the new content of that version has passed.

Last edited:

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Patreon update, where v0.3 status and plans are explained,

How to find the the current development news on patreon,
1613916949280.png

Direct link for the lazy, will always be the same (since it is a tag filter)

Reactions: Bantry

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
I have not seen it yet to know exactly how it works...
but from what I have been told and read...
It's only this underground lab event that will be created in a VN style.
The game is and will always be a Sandbox game.
Think of it as more of a very long event, so once you trigger and start it it will take a while before you end it and then can make your choice on what to do next.

It will still be that a full save will not let you see all the content without playing the game.

A full save file for a VN game is only any good to anyone if the developer of the game makes a scene replay gallery.
If no replay gallery... you will have a file that puts you on the last image/text of that version and all the new content of that version has passed.
I am with you there. In his Patreon post Darkhound explicitly talks about matching up timelines. That suggests it will be a maze of twisty little passages with different outcomes depending on the path you take. No problem there if you are prepared to try them and see what bests suits you. For the lazy: I NEED A FULL SAVE:ROFLMAO: I NEED A HERO:ROFLMAO: etc....

Reactions: SiJa

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
I am with you there. In his Patreon post Darkhound explicitly talks about matching up timelines. That suggests it will be a maze of twisty little passages with different outcomes depending on the path you take. No problem there if you are prepared to try them and see what bests suits you. For the lazy: I NEED A FULL SAVE:ROFLMAO: I NEED A HERO:ROFLMAO: etc....
I would more say you would be more likely to get the "Walkthrough Plz" crowd.
The ones that want to see the best content path without putting in any effort ;)

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes