bigtraps123

Jun 10, 2021
That's quite interesting, as it looks like all Amy is getting this update is 1 bug fix. While Yvette is getting 5 new scenes and 2 bug fixes. I don't quite understand how that could be considered equal. It just looks to me like Yvette has been placed in a tier of her own, never mind the fact that one of Holiday Island's selling points is its variety of girls.
I retried the lab scene so many times thinking other girls could show up, wanted one of the buff girls to visit, hopefully with future updates Ivy or Mercedes could come visit ( I know Mercedes comes, but you know )

gam2000

Apr 12, 2021
I like Heather, but I do not like her hair tied up in that bun. I think it would look better down, but that's just me.
She's a redhead - let it shine. :)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ZenGarden

GordonShock

Jul 23, 2021
Trying to understand the "changing clothes" rule and why they are that.

When asking a woman to go from basic to sexier it negatively impacts love?

Reversely, asking her to go from sexy to basic will also affect love so it can't be about any perceived denigration...

As well, both choices negatively impact affection.

I know these stats can easily be raised again, I'm just curious about the thought process behind the specific rule in that feature.

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Trying to understand the "changing clothes" rule and why they are that.

When asking a woman to go from basic to sexier it negatively impacts love?

Reversely, asking her to go from sexy to basic will also affect love so it can't be about any perceived denigration...

As well, both choices negatively impact affection.

I know these stats can easily be raised again, I'm just curious about the thought process behind the specific rule in that feature.
Pay attention to the little balloon-tips on the screen when you do some of these requests. It will tell you if you missed a love-check, an affection-check, or the like.

If the clothing change request is dropping a stat, you are failing one of these checks!

Mr. M 11

Jun 21, 2019
Being of the same tier do not confer equality within a tier.
What the developer finds fun will determine things, the game will do as he sees fit.

Edit : Reduced version.
That may be so to a certain extent, however the disparity in terms of content is so vast that it could hardly even be considered the same tier. Let me put it to you this way, if Yvette was the only girl in the whole game would this game even have half as many downloads? I just don't think it would, I feel like recent updates have been lacking in terms of variety. This leaves someone such as myself feeling disinterested in playing it just for Yvette content, this is why I feel that there should be a bit more transparency in the marketing of how much this game is skewed towards Yvette.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Remind us again how much you paid to play this game? Also, how many hours you have put into creating the renders, coding, etc.? Bottom line is that it a FREE game and the developer can do as he chooses and that includes, which girl(s) get the most content, latest updates and so on. You certainly have the right to be disinterested in playing the game. So just wait two or three updates down the road and see if one of those versions has updates of your favorite girl and the amount of content she has.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
That may be so to a certain extent, however the disparity in terms of content is so vast that it could hardly even be considered the same tier. Let me put it to you this way, if Yvette was the only girl in the whole game would this game even have half as many downloads? I just don't think it would, I feel like recent updates have been lacking in terms of variety. This leaves someone such as myself feeling disinterested in playing it just for Yvette content, this is why I feel that there should be a bit more transparency in the marketing of how much this game is skewed towards Yvette.
Sorry but no, it is so to an absolute extent.
It is established fact based on patreon and developer choices over the last 4 years.

Being of the same tier, type or role does not grant "equality" in content.
(and is in any case not what the tiers are about).

Developer choice and, where applicable, patreon votes grants content.
Always been like that.

As for Yvette, she has Dev and Patreon support to do as she do.
What people think of that is to each their own, fact remains she has full support.

Last edited:

Mr. M 11

Jun 21, 2019
Remind us again how much you paid to play this game? Also, how many hours you have put into creating the renders, coding, etc.? Bottom line is that it a FREE game and the developer can do as he chooses and that includes, which girl(s) get the most content, latest updates and so on. You certainly have the right to be disinterested in playing the game. So just wait two or three updates down the road and see if one of those versions has updates of your favorite girl and the amount of content she has.
Ahh, I see I've put a damper on your mood. All I'm saying is that he could make a Yvette tier that indicates that she's the one that you'll see the most content for. I feel that without this discourse, one might assume that Yvette has 100% approval from everyone. Discussion isn't something to fear after all, that's why the Romans had their forum to communicate with others. I never intended to hurt your feelings.

Mr. M 11

Jun 21, 2019
Sorry but no, it is so to an absolute extent.
It is established fact based on patreon and developer choices over the last 4 years.

Being of the same tier, type or role does not grant "equality" in content.
(and is in any case not what the tiers are about).

Developer choice and, where applicable, patreon votes grants content.
Always been like that.

As for Yvette, she has Dev and Patreon support to do as she do.
What people think of that is to each their own, fact remains she has full support.
Tiers as a concept are to indicate that the things within them are within the same league and somewhat close. Look to the sport of boxing as an example, a middleweight boxer can be between 154 to 160 pounds. There isn't too large of a discrepancy as that just wouldn't be fair, we have these weight classes so a 100 pounder and a 200 pounder wouldn't be in the same bracket. Weight classes are clear and concise, with little variation for what constitutes someone being in a particular weight class. In the sport of boxing one does not see erratic ranking, as the rule makers wish to be fair to everyone involved.

As a fundamental rule, tiers should be of approximate parity. All I'd like is for there to be acknowledgement that this parity just doesn't seem to exist within Holiday Island, civilization and the companies within them require rules to be upheld. It doesn't matter if you tell me that the developer says a lightweight and a light heavyweight are in the same tier, what matters is that if there is parity and honesty. If one boxer were to fight another boxer that's half his weight would you tell me that they're in the same tier?

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Tiers as a concept are to indicate that the things within them are within the same league and somewhat close. Look to the sport of boxing as an example, a middleweight boxer can be between 154 to 160 pounds. There isn't too large of a discrepancy as that just wouldn't be fair, we have these weight classes so a 100 pounder and a 200 pounder wouldn't be in the same bracket. Weight classes are clear and concise, with little variation for what constitutes someone being in a particular weight class. In the sport of boxing one does not see erratic ranking, as the rule makers wish to be fair to everyone involved.

As a fundamental rule, tiers should be of approximate parity. All I'd like is for there to be acknowledgement that this parity just doesn't seem to exist within Holiday Island, civilization and the companies within them require rules to be upheld. It doesn't matter if you tell me that the developer says a lightweight and a light heavyweight are in the same tier, what matters is that if there is parity and honesty. If one boxer were to fight another boxer that's half his weight would you tell me that they're in the same tier?
The things work as I have politely explained.
Those are the facts.

Your opinion to the contrary do not change that.

As I have already explained the mechanics there is nothing new to add, and thus I will end my participation here.

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
cantplease_orig.jpg
IMO the tier system is just a reference/guide to which girls are considered to be popular and have more content.
Should it be split again into more sections?... a waste of time and effort.
Should all girls get their share in new content?... Yes, but it is still a "work in progress" game, so could be closer to that in the end.
If we had each update having a piece of content for every girl, that would take a lot of time and be large gaps between updates.

2 of the new content for Yvette were delayed from the last update, or that update would have taken longer.
Yes, this is more a Yvette update, but it could be a Faye, Heather, Jessica.... more focused update next time.

IMO the more important thing is that the content is relevant to the girl, gives you more about her and her backstory.
No point giving all the girls the same content, as once you have completed one girl, you would really have seen everything.

Also, a large time of the devs work at the moment is in upgrading the quality of old content, and also giving them a more personal feel to be about the girl in them.

It's very much still a "work in progress" game, comments about it being equal etc... should really be made towards the game completion... whenever that is?
;)

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Ahh, I see I've put a damper on your mood. All I'm saying is that he could make a Yvette tier that indicates that she's the one that you'll see the most content for. All I'd like is for there to be acknowledgement that this parity just doesn't seem to exist within Holiday Island ...
Didn't put a damper on anything or hurt my feelings. Based on your posts, you would like an additional disclaimer about Yvette and her content. Easily solved. Download and paste the attached file into the GUI folder overwriting the existing file.

Holiday Island/game/gui

1627818478855.jpeg

Now whenever you start the game, you will have the acknowledgement you desire.

Mr. M 11

Jun 21, 2019
The things work as I have politely explained.
Those are the facts.

Your opinion to the contrary do not change that.

As I have already explained the mechanics there is nothing new to add, and thus I will end my participation here.
Well, I suppose my question is too complicated for you to answer.

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes