_MeatyBoy_

Dec 18, 2018
Im stuck on the curiosity event. Ive visited every location and talked and interacted with everyone. How do you find out why you're on the island?

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
You can't at this time. Something for a future game version release.
I am wondering, is there a list somewhere which quests can be completed in what version and that can't be completed yet. Not something I can find in the guide, but it would be useful to keep people from going on wild goose chases for something that can't be done yet. And keep some of them from asking in the thread of course :LOL:.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
I am wondering, is there a list somewhere which quests can be completed in what version and that can't be completed yet. Not something I can find in the guide, but it would be useful to keep people from going on wild goose chases for something that can't be done yet. And keep some of them from asking in the thread of course :LOL:.
darkhound1 often write in the phone tips/pop up that a quest cannot be completed until a future version.

ex.
1629486390362.png

Could be suggested added to this one too
1629486407476.png

Being in game, would offer the best coverage and be inline with what is there already.

Edit : Loaded a random save game as example, might be better examples around.
Edit : verified, it will be updated in the game

Last edited:
Reactions: MarsUltor

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
darkhound1 often write in the phone tips/pop up that a quest cannot be completed until a future version.

ex.
View attachment 1362593

Could be suggested added to this one too
View attachment 1362594

Being in game, would offer the best coverage and be inline with what is there already.
I agree with you that an inline would be the best. But seeing that the quest list is far from complete in that respect I wondered if there was a more complete offline list, maybe one in the guide that I missed.

Reactions: DuckSwim

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
I agree with you that an inline would be the best. But seeing that the quest list is far from complete in that respect I wondered if there was a more complete offline list, maybe one in the guide that I missed.
Yes, I understand.

I mostly think renders and solutions.
So my guide knowledge is frankly not all that good.

My guess would be that a (full) list does not exist.

Sep 2, 2020
View attachment 1361077 View attachment 1361078

Meet Sara at the nightbar and some news (0.3.1 preview)

Hello everyone,

today I have some previews from Sara at the night bar for you.
As you can see, she's again wearing her sexy black/red dress.

I've also made a major upgrade to my rendering hardware. My rendering machine has gotten a brand new RTX 3080ti, which has been installed and tested today.
It took a couple of hours to get it all up and running with acceptable noise and heat.
But now it's good to go and I can happily announce, that render speed will be a little more than twice as fast now.

Take care,
Darkhound

View attachment 1361081
Hello,
regarding noise and heat of rtx cards and rendering.

Rendering speed is the same when using optix. Regardless of mhz of the chip or powersettings.

I own a 2070 and just put it on 70% with sometimes fixed low curve so it only uses around 115 watt instead of the 175 watt it would normally use and it stays at lowest fan speed so its not audible for me.

Sadly afterburner doesent allow to go lower than 70% regardless of what i tried even loweing vcore isnt doing anything at that point with my card i cant bring it down much more it would do by itself by its own powersaving features at that point.

In Games its mostly irrelevant as most older games are running with max 60 or whatever anyway and for those who are not i would gain around 5 to 10 fps when going full speed but the fans on the card have a bad spot at those settings as the tend to squel a tiny bit.
Also at 70 i still do get the mhz i should get at 175 watt from nvidias specs its just not boosting as much. Maybe i got a bit lucky there but i can actually still overclock my card a bit if i wanted to even with power cut that much.

Regarding "overclock" tho or using msi afterburner auto oveclock i can only warn you, as it burned my fisrt card out after minutes even tho its supposed to be safe.

Luckily i got an instant replacement from my dealer as i paid extra for an instant return policy. So if you want to try that out do it as long as you can replace it. Safety feature seem to be garbage as the amazon game incident also has shown as something like that shouldn also be possible due to the chips should be able to detect and safethrottle .. but they arent.

But cutting power is good for the planet saves money lowers temps and prolongs life of the hardware.
And its not slowing rendering ...

Just wanted to let you know in case u didnt know.
Have a nice Weekend.

xskwerl

Mar 5, 2018
Dagnabbit! I forgot to ask Yvette the right question on our date and I forgot to save beforehand. Now, I have to start from scratch...

Or maybe I just like the intro that much...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bantry

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Hello,
regarding noise and heat of rtx cards and rendering.

Rendering speed is the same when using optix. Regardless of mhz of the chip or powersettings.

I own a 2070 and just put it on 70% with sometimes fixed low curve so it only uses around 115 watt instead of the 175 watt it would normally use and it stays at lowest fan speed so its not audible for me.

Sadly afterburner doesent allow to go lower than 70% regardless of what i tried even loweing vcore isnt doing anything at that point with my card i cant bring it down much more it would do by itself by its own powersaving features at that point.

In Games its mostly irrelevant as most older games are running with max 60 or whatever anyway and for those who are not i would gain around 5 to 10 fps when going full speed but the fans on the card have a bad spot at those settings as the tend to squel a tiny bit.
Also at 70 i still do get the mhz i should get at 175 watt from nvidias specs its just not boosting as much. Maybe i got a bit lucky there but i can actually still overclock my card a bit if i wanted to even with power cut that much.

Regarding "overclock" tho or using msi afterburner auto oveclock i can only warn you, as it burned my fisrt card out after minutes even tho its supposed to be safe.

Luckily i got an instant replacement from my dealer as i paid extra for an instant return policy. So if you want to try that out do it as long as you can replace it. Safety feature seem to be garbage as the amazon game incident also has shown as something like that shouldn also be possible due to the chips should be able to detect and safethrottle .. but they arent.

But cutting power is good for the planet saves money lowers temps and prolongs life of the hardware.
And its not slowing rendering ...

Just wanted to let you know in case u didnt know.
Have a nice Weekend.
It's not completely true, but close.
I'm running the 3080ti at 65% power level and the 2080super at 50% power level. Perfomance is about 10% lower compared to running on 100%.
Power consumption combined is down from 520W to about 350W for the cards.

The more aggressive your power reduction, the more you're getting clock speed reductions, even below base specs.
Running the 3080ti at 50% will result in a preformance drop of more than 30%, which is not reasonable.

The 2080s can take a bit more reduction before this hits. The simple reason is that it's not running anywhere near it's max power when rendering. My card takes about 170W on max power and about 125W on 50%. (So I'm pretty sure it's the same for your 2070, only with reduced values).

The 3080ti takes almost 350W on full power when rendering. Anything below 225W and you get a too big performance hit. That's why I stayed with the 65%. Interesting enough, for the 2080s it's still higher in reality: 125/170 = 73.5%, which means I could probably go lower than 50% without a huge performance drop. But it's a bit accademic at this point, because noise is low already and heat as well. If it's 350W in total or 330W is not a change that warrants further experiments in my opinion.

I've tested and optimized for hours, even switching the card's slots several times and having one or the other power the display.

The 3080ti got a mild gpu overclock (which is esentially a voltage reduction at same clock speed). With this I got back about 1.5% of the performance for no additional heat or power. So end result of the speed reduction is about 8.5% now.

Last edited:

norb82

Sep 19, 2018
It's not completely true, but close.
I'm running the 3080ti at 65% power level and the 2080super at 50% power level. Perfomance is about 10% lower compared to running on 100%.
Power consumption combined is down from 520W to about 350W for the cards.

The more aggressive your power reduction, the more you're getting clock speed reductions, even below base specs.
Running the 3080ti at 50% will result in a preformance drop of more than 30%, which is not reasonable.

The 2080s can take a bit more reduction before this hits. The simple reason is that it's not running anywhere near it's max power when rendering. My card takes about 170W on max power and about 125W on 50%. (So I'm pretty sure it's the same for your 2070, only with reduced values).

The 3080ti takes almost 350W on full power when rendering. Anything below 225W and you get a too big performance hit. That's why I stayed with the 65%. Interesting enough, for the 2080s it's still higher in reality: 125/170 = 73.5%, which means I could probably go lower than 50% without a huge performance drop. But it's a bit accademic at this point, because noise is low already and heat as well. If it's 350W in total or 330W is not a change that warrants further experiments in my opinion.

I've tested and optimized for hours, even switching the card's slots several times and having one or the other power the display.

The 3080ti got a mild gpu overclock (which is esentially a voltage reduction at same clock speed). With this I got back about 1.5% of the performance for no additional heat or power. So end result of the speed reduction is about 8.5% now.
How much time is an average game render with that card?

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
How much time is an average game render with that card?
That's impossible to answer, because what is an average game render?
The spread is super extreme. The girl sprites take about 40 seconds render time, which is not really relevant, because loading the scene and setting up the pose takes several minutes.
Pool and night bar render can still take half an hour, while renders well lit with no water or glass anywhere can be done in 3 minutes.
I render everything at least 2560x1440 or even 4k since some time. So if you render full hd, it will be even faster.

For anything not mass production, a 1070ti or faster is still all you will need in most cases. Having 2 cards helps a lot in making daz feel more responsive when using Iray preview.

In general, render time is much lower than scene setup time. It was like that with my old cards already.

Where the new power really helps is if you do animations or want some additional very similar renders with just a different expression, another pose if the head or small adjustments.
This can be done in a minute (changing the pose that is). In this case 5 min render time or 10 make a huge difference in deciding if I want to go the extra mile or not.
I will also do less spot renders now when doing 3 renders for different outfits. If one render only takes 3 minutes in total, I can safe the manual time for post work in certain cases.

RosX

Aug 18, 2018
Guys, help! How to increase endurance? I ran on the beach, ran to the gym and swam, but it didn't give me a point. Should be with a girl? But how?

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Guys, help! How to increase endurance? I ran on the beach, ran to the gym and swam, but it didn't give me a point. Should be with a girl? But how?
Read the Companion Guide, which is linked on the opening page of this thread. Start in the table of Contents and it will direct you to page 28.

Reactions: ZenGarden and SiJa

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
That's impossible to answer, because what is an average game render?
The spread is super extreme. The girl sprites take about 40 seconds render time, which is not really relevant, because loading the scene and setting up the pose takes several minutes.
Pool and night bar render can still take half an hour, while renders well lit with no water or glass anywhere can be done in 3 minutes.
I render everything at least 2560x1440 or even 4k since some time. So if you render full hd, it will be even faster.

For anything not mass production, a 1070ti or faster is still all you will need in most cases. Having 2 cards helps a lot in making daz feel more responsive when using Iray preview.

In general, render time is much lower than scene setup time. It was like that with my old cards already.

Where the new power really helps is if you do animations or want some additional very similar renders with just a different expression, another pose if the head or small adjustments.
This can be done in a minute (changing the pose that is). In this case 5 min render time or 10 make a huge difference in deciding if I want to go the extra mile or not.
I will also do less spot renders now when doing 3 renders for different outfits. If one render only takes 3 minutes in total, I can safe the manual time for post work in certain cases.
You have said this before, you have ample rendering speed but not enough Darkhound for the coding. It is also visible in your that there are more and more items with 'still working on it (renders are done)'. You may need to to talk to Joy about getting more Darkhound :ROFLMAO:.

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes