bigtraps123

Jun 10, 2021
View attachment 2687898

Version 0.4.0.0 - development news (updated 10 of June 2023)

Hi guys and gals,​
this post offers you a collection of news about the next version of Holiday Island (0.4.0.0).​
You can see the main focus and side areas for the next update in the above image.​
The change log below is based on the release 0.3.8.0.​
As of right now, the update from 0.3.8.0 to 0.4.0.0 has:
92 additional renders, videos or sound files
0 new backgrounds for the phone
8 updated renders

New features, major improvements and new content
  • Renée gets a remade arrival scene with lots of new images and a short story --> still working on it (renders are done)
  • Amy's poker scene has been remade and a lot of new images and dialogue has been added --> still working on it (renders are done)
  • Mercedes gets a new event where she picks up the MC and they visit the lab for another checkup --> still working on it (renders are mostly done)
  • Sara talks to the MC down at the lab and they walk to the infirmary for another blood sample --> still working on it (renders are done)
  • Mia gets an event in the lab's kitchen where she talks with the MC --> still working on it
Minor improvements and changes (inlcuding AI upgrades)

Bug fixes

Is the update going to break save games?

0.4.0.0 --> No
Estimated release dates:

0.4.0.0 --> No idea yet
Yes!! More Mercedes and Sara!! This is gonna be glorious!

Reactions: copit60221

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
A good game is a game, where it's up to the player to decide how much help he want. A bad game is one you can't play without having to turn to walkthroughs or cheats when you are a new player playing the game for the first time.
Not really no, that's just your subjective opinion.
The arguments too.

But moving past that and to the actual topic,

This is a free game and the decision whether to make it easy, dense or somewhere in between is the developer's (and since it has a patreon, where the developer chooses, the patreons) choice.

The player can moan or praise as is their wont, but at the end of the day the developer alone decides.

As for whatever people have done the last pages, didn't read them, but seeing you argue with some of the regulars I can imagine the gnist well enough (it is page 1656 in a 6 year old game, and you are new).

I assume it is somewhat civil, seeing that Darkhound apparently picked up an idea somewhere, which I reckon means that none managed to make his ignore yet.

So I feel okay with skipping the fine print on this summer Sunday.

Last edited:

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
darkhound1
Two questions regarding the game.

1. One of the scene's with Natasha is named "You have a drink with Faye at the bar and Natasha joins you". The trigger says "You ask Natasha at the night bar to have a drink with you......" Shouldn't that be "You ask Faye...."?

2. I have a quest "Train with Jessica 6 times per week". The reward is the encryption key for Jessica's subdermal implant. Despite how much I train with Jessica the quest status never changes from "You have done 0 of the required 6 with Jessica". Beside that. I think I already got the encryption key through EH sperm sample.
Nr 1 is a pretty obvious mistake. Fixed it.
Nr 2 I cannot reproduce this. Added the quest for Jessica. Did all 4 workout types. Each one worked and added +1 trainings to the counter.
Found some problems for the quest (nr 2) for Eva and Ivy which I also fixed.
-> all fixes will be part of 0.3.8.1

Last edited:

Suckerville

Oct 23, 2022
I've hit what feels like a bug.

I was trying for a particular scene with Ivy doing pull-ups, and whenever I choose to "compliment her strength", this option doesn't vanish and i have to excuse myself and leave to end the scene.
Given that (to my memory) none of the other girls' scenes behave that way, it doesn't feel like that's intentional.
0.3.8.0 with NE's companion mod.

Last edited:
Reactions: Puppet Master

Drearash

Jan 21, 2022
Regarding Jennifer's instructions. They are long and messy. I've seen contracts for BIG IT systems that was easier to understand than those instructions. It's like they on purpose are made complex and hard to understand.
Ummm, what?! Jennifer's instructions are as follows:

Jennifer said:
"As a general rule, you need to find a good balance between training phases and relaxing phases. Since the training is very taxing, you can only train once per day. If you want to train another time on the same day, visit the spa and get a massage to help you relax your muscles....

"For maximum efficiency, you should train 3 or 4 times a week...More often than that wil slow down your progress. You need ot give your body time to heal as well. Less than 3 times a week is not intensive enough. You'll probably advance, eventually, with just 2 training sessions a week, but it will be slow progress....Once you have reached a certain level of strength or endurance, you need to train at least once a week in order to keep at that level."
Please post the contract for a big IT system that is less complex and easier to understand than that.

junior366

Jun 20, 2017
Ummm, what?! Jennifer's instructions are as follows:

Please post the contract for a big IT system that is less complex and easier to understand than that.
I train both 7 days a week when possible, I'm on day 294, my strength is at ten, my endurance is at 100. Methinks Jennifer lies!!!

• Angry
Reactions: darkhound1

Drearash

Jan 21, 2022
Progress Quest with boobs!
Joking aside, I wouldn't mind if the progress bar next to your skills in the phone app tracked progress towards the next level, as opposed to just showing how close your stat is to being maxed. Phone says I've got 7 Looks increase this week! Is that a lot? Is that enough to level up? How close to enough am I?

Drearash

Jan 21, 2022
I train both 7 days a week when possible, I'm on day 294, my strength is at ten, my endurance is at 100. Methinks Jennifer lies!!!
And it only took you 42 weeks?! lol

Getting Strength from 2 to 10 shouldn't take you more than 8-10 weeks if you're doing it right. Getting Endurance from 50 to 100 takes about 16 weeks.

3 and 3 will get you there!

junior366

Jun 20, 2017
Much better than me i go there only to look at Jenifer titts don't care if she lies, :ROFLMAO:
Hey! did you get Yankees privat Whisky cuveè ?? I wan't a share :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Yes, I DO look at Jennifer's tits 7 days a week, so I don't care!!! I also get a massage 7 days week too!!! I'm not a Whisky man, I would much rather have a beer!!!

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes