Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Did you ever get the second Amy at the beach bar scene to trigger? I got the first one no problem, but the second does not seem to trigger no matter how many times I try to quick load before going to the bar. Tried the coke and the flirt alternating and no success.
You are of course leaving ample time between attempts, right? What I mean is a number of days have passed, like maybe even a week. Same with time of day. The beach bar opens at 14:00hrs and closes at 18:00hrs (may be wrong as I honestly don't remember) but the point is to try different times between opening and closing.

Oblivion9873

Jun 18, 2020
Did you ever get the second Amy at the beach bar scene to trigger? I got the first one no problem, but the second does not seem to trigger no matter how many times I try to quick load before going to the bar. Tried the coke and the flirt alternating and no success.
eventually yeah, just had to keep trying. also if you want to reroll the rng, after quickloading, go to a different location then back to the beach before going to the bar. Also if it seems stubborn, legit just try and do it on a different day as well. It's a massive pain and the RNG values seem way too low but I got there eventually (after fresh installing the game)

MrD812

Oct 24, 2021
Here is a simple thing I would love to see in a future version of Holiday Island:

View attachment 2781514

It would be great if the save file thumbnails were to show the game day (or even the time of day, additionally). E. g. in the upper right corner. Then you would not have to add that in the description yourself. I have hundreds of save files*. Most of them without that info in the description (my bad). It would make it so much easier to track which is which.

*No. Not one full save file and none to share.
That is a Brilliant suggestion, seriously awesome!
Would be MOST Helpful.
To share the very least.

On another note: doing countless title-runs as a hobby, user or helping dev's.
Thumbnail drives are like a Best Friend!
Not just for saves but archiving particular versions for reflection/examples.

Helps much for perspective in assisting contrast for advisement and suggestions to content, users and dev's alike.
Those thumbnail drives save TONS of SSD space(no pun intended on 'thumbnails').

Reactions: BDMick and xapican

maximusleroy

Aug 26, 2016
Here is a simple thing I would love to see in a future version of Holiday Island:

View attachment 2781514
To add it to saves going forward you would just have to add to following, but there is no easy way to add it to already saved files.
Python:
init python:
    def jsoncallback(d):
        d["days"] = "Day " + str(gameday)

config.save_json_callbacks.append(jsoncallback)
You would also have to slightly change screens.rpy
Python:
hbox ypos -124:
    if slot < 10:
        text "0[slot]" size 12 xpos 6 outlines [(1,"#43a0bf")]
    else:
        text "[slot]" size 12 xpos 6 outlines [(1,"#43a0bf")]
    text FileJson(slot, "days", empty="", missing="") size 12 xpos 210 xanchor 1.0 outlines [(1,"#43a0bf")]

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
To add it to saves going forward you would just have to add to following, but there is no easy way to add it to already saved files.
Python:
init python:
    def jsoncallback(d):
        d["days"] = "Day " + str(gameday)

config.save_json_callbacks.append(jsoncallback)
You would also have to slightly change screens.rpy
Python:
hbox ypos -124:
    if slot < 10:
        text "0[slot]" size 12 xpos 6 outlines [(1,"#43a0bf")]
    else:
        text "[slot]" size 12 xpos 6 outlines [(1,"#43a0bf")]
    text FileJson(slot, "days", empty="", missing="") size 12 xpos 210 xanchor 1.0 outlines [(1,"#43a0bf")]
And done. Will be part of 0.4.0 - Time has been added as well.
1689763258300.png

Last edited:

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
As I said in my edit, I'm not calling for the creator to do anything he doesn't want to do.

However, the things in my list are what the other girls get, and Brenda should get as well.
You can say a girl is "completed" because she's not going to be worked on any more, but until those boxes are checked, there's room for growth.

As to your objections: the options each girl has aren't just a copy of each other girl's other options. Take playing in the pool, it's different for each girl, but that's the joy of the game. The little differences create variety which is what makes the game good.
I know you can sit with Brenda on the lounger, but she could be like Desire and have the lounger option as well as being able to play in the pool.

While I don't want "all girls doing the same," because I value the little differences in each scene. However, if every girl had a copy of the topless yoga poses to give them a yoga option, I have no idea how this would kill the game. Though perhaps I misinterpret your meaning here. Can you give an example?

I can see how filling in all of the blanks could take years, but the creator expects the game to take a long time to finish, and I don't mind waiting. If Brenda is "done for now" and might see more in future, that's all I want.

Anyhow, I hope I have courteously clarified my thoughts here. Know that I don't expect to influence the game, I just want to advance the discussion among the players.

Thank you for reading.
The problem with talking about the concepts you refer to is that it is already official (on Patreon) what the situation is.
Any talk thereof is therefore somewhat moot.

But to elaborate,
  • The facts (and their implication), Part 1.
  • Why the concepts you refer to do not exist in the game / are not workable, Part 2-4
1. The facts
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
2. What other girls get
3. What a shared design involves
4. The story of Shared Design (history)

Please Note.
This takes a long time to write and as the decisions have already been made I'll not invest more time into what is at this point, by developer choice, a theorectical exercise

Last edited:

Agungteguh27

Jun 4, 2017
No change for 0.3.8.0

Cheat script.
Amy max Love, max Affection and Affection/Love/Lust cheats are removed from the script because of her quests to raise those stats.
Edit the script to add Amy to the list of girls if you know what you're doing.

Cheats script to be copied in the /game folder ( extract the file named "cheat-noAmy.rpy from the 7zip archive ).
In game. Open the game console ( shift+O) and type in the commands listed below or in the file cheat-noAmy.rpy ( open it with notepad or the likes to see what it does and how to use it ).

Commands :
maxall()
# max all girls and player stats except player lust, max favor(currency), min anger.​
# make all girls poker skill zero​
sexy()
basic()
# change the reception girl outfit basic/sexy​
stud()
# give player erection, max endurance and blue pill effect​
rem()
# remove all effects​
subdermal():
# hack all girls implant, no Joy​
girlstats()
#unlock all girls stats, no room​
maxstats()
# give player max stat​
all()
#maxall + rem + sexy​
Other useful command(s):
Remove Ivy breast bump event cooldown : ivy.rem_action_cooldown("event_breast_bump")

player.add_item("blue pill", xx)
player.add_item("green pill", xx)
player.add_item("sperm(eh) vial", xx)
xx = a two digit number

Note : maxing lust on girl and yourself can prevent some scenes to trigger.
hotshot code please

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Hey DuckSwim, is this the drink of choice when not at the bar? Asking for a friend!!!
View attachment 2785581
Oh, you know how it is these days.
The price of everything is up.

Islands, Boats, R cups, or even Bob ... (Bob is up too).
So, she does a little merchandising on the side.

Would avoid that one though.

Watermelon? Water and 'Melons' (She grabs an Island each time it is pushed "down")

Cosmic Horror humor, What can you do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes