Bogan53

Sep 23, 2017
Up till now I've been really enjoying the game play but for some reason this has become a grindfest. I tried opening the console using the tried and true shift + O but nothing. I have searched the thread but there are 24 pages of the same question being asked and I'll be buggered if I can find an answer. All I can find are the console commands which, if I could open the console, would be infinitely helpful (y)
I also saw mention of a phone update being available in the phone app shop on my phone. Can't see it anywhere.
I've also noticed that trying to win at cards has become impossible. What is the point of having this feature if it's so bloody frustrating?
I'm going out for a nice drive in the countryside to mellow out. Hopefully have some answers when I get back.
Appreciate your assistance please and have a great day :)
Scratch out the top problem. I was just a little impatient waiting for the console to open. Delay was about 5 seconds which led me to think that it wasn't working :confused:

Last edited:

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Up till now I've been really enjoying the game play but for some reason this has become a grindfest. I tried opening the console using the tried and true shift + O but nothing. I have searched the thread but there are 24 pages of the same question being asked and I'll be buggered if I can find an answer. All I can find are the console commands which, if I could open the console, would be infinitely helpful (y)
I also saw mention of a phone update being available in the phone app shop on my phone. Can't see it anywhere.
I've also noticed that trying to win at cards has become impossible. What is the point of having this feature if it's so bloody frustrating?
I'm going out for a nice drive in the countryside to mellow out. Hopefully have some answers when I get back.
Appreciate your assistance please and have a great day :)
Scratch out the top problem. I was just a little impatient waiting for the console to open. Delay was about 5 seconds which led me to think that it wasn't working :confused:
Just guessing here, but you are probably opening the console to enter a cheat code to change a stat for you or the girl(s). Maybe get an item or you just like to hit "shift+o" for all we know. Anyway I would suggest going to this post and downloading @Wilson (Nice Erotica)'s approved Mod. I do remember that data can be a concern for you, but know it is only 171.56kib so you shouldn't have any trouble. Once downloaded and install you'll find all kinds of cool features beyond just adjusting stats. How about pics of all the achievements along with hints on how to complete them? Up to you, but I think it will be worthwhile for you and anyone else reading this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bogan53

Rock H.

Jul 30, 2018
i have this bug in the beginning :
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'locations/loc__main.jpg'>:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 519, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'locations/loc__main.jpg'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpyc", line 672, in script
�G����<Oܹ���G@�A�N[�r���Sz{�������!�鱵���nR�+6����0��0�f2�( �k�D[_O煃���5� F�*s�Q�����4'x ���sqN�C��@�}�o�`���yA1F/��yA����J�2<�\� *r-�to���=r|��Tb���T9w����A̦��0�J0�q=m` �b��� �� ��
File "K:\New folder (2)\Playing\Holiday Island [v0.1.3.3] [darkhound1]\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1859, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "K:\New folder (2)\Playing\Holiday Island [v0.1.3.3] [darkhound1]\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1847, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "K:\New folder (2)\Playing\Holiday Island [v0.1.3.3] [darkhound1]\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 179, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 519, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "K:\New folder (2)\Playing\Holiday Island [v0.1.3.3] [darkhound1]\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2724, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "K:\New folder (2)\Playing\Holiday Island [v0.1.3.3] [darkhound1]\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "K:\New folder (2)\Playing\Holiday Island [v0.1.3.3] [darkhound1]\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2662, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "K:\New folder (2)\Playing\Holiday Island [v0.1.3.3] [darkhound1]\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3148, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "K:\New folder (2)\Playing\Holiday Island [v0.1.3.3] [darkhound1]\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2065, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "render.pyx", line 487, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "render.pyx", line 235, in renpy.display.render.render
File "K:\New folder (2)\Playing\Holiday Island [v0.1.3.3] [darkhound1]\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 719, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "render.pyx", line 147, in renpy.display.render.render
File "K:\New folder (2)\Playing\Holiday Island [v0.1.3.3] [darkhound1]\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 719, in render
File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
File "K:\New folder (2)\Playing\Holiday Island [v0.1.3.3] [darkhound1]\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "K:\New folder (2)\Playing\Holiday Island [v0.1.3.3] [darkhound1]\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
surf = image.load()
File "K:\New folder (2)\Playing\Holiday Island [v0.1.3.3] [darkhound1]\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "K:\New folder (2)\Playing\Holiday Island [v0.1.3.3] [darkhound1]\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.3.2-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'locations/loc__main.jpg'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.1.929
Holiday Island 0.1.3.2
Sun Dec 02 06:02:06 2018
It's great that you are helping the dev improve his game, but you can also save yourself some typing. The traceback file for nearly every Ren'py game tells the version of the game at the bottom. In this case "Holiday Island 0.1.3.2". If you got here, you should have noticed that the title is currently v0.1.3.3. So you're running something that is slightly out of date. Now take a look at the OP (a.k.a Note #1) and you'll find the fix file. Applying that will probably fix your problem and save you having to post and read all of the replies.

Also, you can make these messages a lot shorter by using the QUOTE and /QUOTE tags (with the brackets). That shows just enough of your traceback to help others identify the problem without running on a whole screen page. I hope this helps you.

Reactions: Bantry and imortalq

Bogan53

Sep 23, 2017
Just guessing here, but you are probably opening the console to enter a cheat code to change a stat for you or the girl(s). Maybe get an item or you just like to hit "shift+o" for all we know. Anyway I would suggest going to this post and downloading @Wilson (Nice Erotica)'s approved Mod. I do remember that data can be a concern for you, but know it is only 171.56kib so you shouldn't have any trouble. Once downloaded and install you'll find all kinds of cool features beyond just adjusting stats. How about pics of all the achievements along with hints on how to complete them? Up to you, but I think it will be worthwhile for you and anyone else reading this.
Thanks for your quick response and the link for the Mod. Having never used one of these I have a technical question. How do I apply it? Will I need to save game, quit, apply and restart?
Appreciate any help you can give me :)

Last edited:

Wilson NE

May 12, 2018
Thanks for your quick response and the link for the Mod. Having never used one of these I have a technical question. How do I apply it? Will I need to save game, quit, apply and restart?
Appreciate any help you can give me :)
The mod download itself contains a readme files for the install/start instructions.

Once uncompressed, you need to copy the mod files into the <your holiday island folder>/game folder.

For any further question about the mod, please use its own forum:

Reactions: Bantry

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
The mod download itself contains a readme files for the install/start instructions.

Once uncompressed, you need to copy the mod files into the <your holiday island folder>/game folder.

For any further question about the mod, please use its own forum:
Thank you, that saved me a lot of typing and you explained it better than I could.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I keep getting an error it crashes as soon as I get off the plane
No offense but try reading or searching this thread. Just a couple post prior to your is the answer you seek.
The traceback file for nearly every Ren'py game tells the version of the game at the bottom. In this case "Holiday Island 0.1.3.2". If you got here, you should have noticed that the title is currently v0.1.3.3. So you're running something that is slightly out of date. Now take a look at the OP (a.k.a Note #1) and you'll find the fix file. Applying that will probably fix your problem and save you having to post and read all of the replies.QUOTE]

Wilson NE

May 12, 2018
Thank you, that saved me a lot of typing and you explained it better than I could.
You're welcome :) Feel free to relink yourself to the mod thread all the users with mod concerns. Is no needed to annoy this thread followers all the time and not always I'm able to follow the full conversation here.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Is there a compressed version of this for pc
It's already a compressed version. The images are only about 150Kb each. It's smaller than most crunched versions are.
There are more than 4.000 images and videos, not counting the UI stuff.

Reactions: junior366

Ragnarok6699

Nov 2, 2017
Did you buy the phone upgrade in the shop ( app shop in your phone ) ?
yes and it still takes about 2-3 days to write hacking program or upgrade it and about same for implant hack or maybe i need to select new phone to use it ? or does it get used automatically after i buy it

LordTT

Sep 3, 2017
Hi..need help guys...I am doing Aly photo quest....I have obtained Black rose from Jenifer/Market...I have bought it...I have black rose in my invetory, but I dont know when or how can I give it to her....There is no option...or I am blind..I try to give it to her at bar, at sunbed, at beach....nothin...if I activet sunbed scene...and ask for photos...she replies... "you know what I want"..or something like that...but I have that rose :-/ ...anyone??
how i can buy a black rose??? i'm going to jennifer in gym, but she don't tell me how i can find it.... at store there is only red rose....

Rock H.

Jul 30, 2018
how i can buy a black rose??? i'm going to jennifer in gym, but she don't tell me how i can find it.... at store there is only red rose....
There are two places you can find and talk to Jennifer. Only one of them is the right time and place.
When you talk to Jennifer you will know the next step.
Some actions in the game can be performed as gifting, but others happen automatically at the right time and place. Use the achievements app to give you hints about what to do next. If you don't know how to manage gifting you aren't looking at all of the options when you're hugging, kissing, and squeezing the island babes.

Reactions: Bantry

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
yes and it still takes about 2-3 days to write hacking program or upgrade it and about same for implant hack or maybe i need to select new phone to use it ? or does it get used automatically after i buy it
What's the problem about that? You easily play 70 days or longer. Just wait until it's finished.
If your hacking skill has been maxed and you wrote the best hacking software and you got the improved phone, it's as fast as it's gonna get.

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes