Samga

Apr 4, 2017
Soooo....how do you start the massage quest with Renée? Something tells me id have to chore through Amy first? I didnt even invite her to the island

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
I am always amazed at how compact the download for HI is, given the amount of content, compared to a lot of other games that are multi-GB.
Partial/selective image blurring and denoising combined with webp data format. It's a lot of work, because it means I have to postwork every single image. I leve the character as is and only denoise/blur the background. But it makes the difference between a 300KB image and a 170KB image with same webp quality setting and no visible quality loss.
Most of the new images are in 2560x1440 inside the game and are downscaled depending on your selected game resolution.
There is still some stuff in png format and jpg, but I convert more images with every update.
0.1.9 was a big step forward in that. That's also the reason file size was reduced almost 150 MB compared to 0.1.8 although we have more than 700 new and improved (double resolution) images.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Thank you darkhound1 for this awesome update!!

Before asking how do I do such and such. Play the game!!! Amy is the key as there is a lot of new content for her. This is a sandbox game, so the play is non-linear. Meaning you don't just go from point A to point B. There are also incremental steps for many of the achievements. Meaning you have to allow for the passage of time, could be hours, could be days. Some are wardrobe dependent, meaning the girl needs to be wearing a specific dress or bikini. Some require conversation with a girl to trigger. So talk with the girls everywhere. Everywhere means, nightbar, restaurant, gym, room visits, etc.

Best Advice:

Save early and save often!! You'll want multiple 'Save' points to restart some scenes and tweak her and your stats along the way to trigger everything.

j0tar0

May 19, 2018
i have a problem.....

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
MemoryError: out of memory

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "D:\h.game\HolidayIsland-0.1.9.0-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "D:\h.game\HolidayIsland-0.1.9.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 581, in main
renpy.persistent.update(True)
File "D:\h.game\HolidayIsland-0.1.9.0-pc\renpy\persistent.py", line 391, in update
save()
File "D:\h.game\HolidayIsland-0.1.9.0-pc\renpy\persistent.py", line 406, in save
data = dumps(renpy.game.persistent).encode("zlib")
File "D:\h.game\HolidayIsland-0.1.9.0-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 56, in dumps
return cPickle.dumps(o, cPickle.HIGHEST_PROTOCOL)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Holiday Island 0.1.9.0
Sat Nov 23 13:54:14 2019

rainyd

Jan 30, 2019
i have a problem.....

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "D:\h.game\HolidayIsland-0.1.9.0-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "D:\h.game\HolidayIsland-0.1.9.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 581, in main
renpy.persistent.update(True)
File "D:\h.game\HolidayIsland-0.1.9.0-pc\renpy\persistent.py", line 391, in update
save()
File "D:\h.game\HolidayIsland-0.1.9.0-pc\renpy\persistent.py", line 406, in save
data = dumps(renpy.game.persistent).encode("zlib")
File "D:\h.game\HolidayIsland-0.1.9.0-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 56, in dumps
return cPickle.dumps(o, cPickle.HIGHEST_PROTOCOL)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Holiday Island 0.1.9.0
Sat Nov 23 13:54:14 2019
I have exactly the same issue on Windows 7 SP1 Pro (64-bit).

Heavyhand1

Jun 29, 2019
I'm having a problem with Amy's love and affection. Her max affection is stuck at 50, and her max love is stuck at 35. I've tried to use cheats to increase it to 100, but even though the console says it's changed, it doesn't change the stats menu for her. I've tried the Niceerotica mod menu as well, and that didn't work either.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I'm having a problem with Amy's love and affection. Her max affection is stuck at 50, and her max love is stuck at 35. I've tried to use cheats to increase it to 100, but even though the console says it's changed, it doesn't change the stats menu for her. I've tried the Niceerotica mod menu as well, and that didn't work either.
Amy's stats CANNOT be cheated above the initial values of Affection=50 and Love=35. There are specific quests you must complete to raise her affection and love stats.

Reactions: elmandor
4.10 star(s) 219 Votes