Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Any new content with Renee?
Yes it works, you just did it wrong. Read the instructions again.
This is the proper filename to be used:
use_fixed_resolution_720.txt

Looks like whoever did the update on the OP was a bit lazy this time and did not include the changelog.
Well there is always your earlier post, or mine from a day ago or just go directly to the source.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Did YOU READ the changelog? There is no word about new scenes in 0.2... only how many renders etc. :rolleyes:
Read a couple posts above yours. There is a link to the developer's Patreon page that lists all the new content.
here it is again.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
It's so much fun to to have the thread back in "all crazy mode" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Some of the highlights:
- where is? who is? what is?
- how can I have sex with <enter girl's name here>
- the developer "should", "has to" do ... whatever he pleases ;)
- why did the developer not...
- my game crashes... I won't tell you where :D It just does
- why is there not more stuff for my favorite girl <enter girl's name here>?
- where is the android port/version?
- compressed version?

I know this is not helping, but it was fun to collect it and write it down...
You forgot the inevitable requests for 'Saves'

Can I have a save? I need a save! Please, I'm begging for a complete save. Yes, I admit, I'm lazy and just want to fap to pretty pictures. Gimme a save!

Not to rain on anyone's parade of those constantly begging for saves, but Holiday Island is a sandbox game featuring completely non-linear gameplay. A sandbox is a style of game in which minimal character limitations are placed on the gamer, allowing the gamer to roam and change a virtual world at will. In contrast to a progression-style game, a sandbox game emphasizes roaming and allows the gamer to select tasks. Instead of featuring segmented areas or numbered levels, a sandbox game usually occurs in a “world” to which the gamer has full access from start to finish. Sandbox games can include structured elements – such as mini-games, tasks, submissions and storylines – that may be ignored by gamers. For this reason, tasks and side missions usually follow a progression, where tasks are unlocked upon successful task completion.

In other words a 'Save' will not help you as many of the scenes/events/appointments do not repeat. You could have a complete save, as you call it, from someone with every achievement fulfilled and you would be limited to just the scenes that are repeatable and miss out on almost half the game.

Do yourself a favor and play the game.

joojao

May 21, 2017
You forgot the inevitable requests for 'Saves'

Can I have a save? I need a save! Please, I'm begging for a complete save. Yes, I admit, I'm lazy and just want to fap to pretty pictures. Gimme a save!

Not to rain on anyone's parade of those constantly begging for saves, but Holiday Island is a sandbox game featuring completely non-linear gameplay. A sandbox is a style of game in which minimal character limitations are placed on the gamer, allowing the gamer to roam and change a virtual world at will. In contrast to a progression-style game, a sandbox game emphasizes roaming and allows the gamer to select tasks. Instead of featuring segmented areas or numbered levels, a sandbox game usually occurs in a “world” to which the gamer has full access from start to finish. Sandbox games can include structured elements – such as mini-games, tasks, submissions and storylines – that may be ignored by gamers. For this reason, tasks and side missions usually follow a progression, where tasks are unlocked upon successful task completion.

In other words a 'Save' will not help you as many of the scenes/events/appointments do not repeat. You could have a complete save, as you call it, from someone with every achievement fulfilled and you would be limited to just the scenes that are repeatable and miss out on almost half the game.

Do yourself a favor and play the game.

I already player the game, but my hd died so I don't want to play again for hours straight...

Wladslon

Sep 8, 2019
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
MemoryError:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "E:\Vlatko\New folder\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "E:\Vlatko\New folder\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 581, in main
renpy.persistent.update(True)
File "E:\Vlatko\New folder\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\persistent.py", line 391, in update
save()
File "E:\Vlatko\New folder\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\persistent.py", line 406, in save
data = dumps(renpy.game.persistent).encode("zlib")
File "E:\Vlatko\New folder\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 56, in dumps
return cPickle.dumps(o, cPickle.HIGHEST_PROTOCOL)
MemoryError:

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Holiday Island 0.2.0.0

Can anyone help ? Earlier version i could play this game, now i cant even click preference to set the resolution. The game simply freeze :/

Reactions: bogeyparr

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018

While running game code:
MemoryError:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "E:\Vlatko\New folder\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "E:\Vlatko\New folder\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 581, in main
renpy.persistent.update(True)
File "E:\Vlatko\New folder\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\persistent.py", line 391, in update
save()
File "E:\Vlatko\New folder\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\persistent.py", line 406, in save
data = dumps(renpy.game.persistent).encode("zlib")
File "E:\Vlatko\New folder\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 56, in dumps
return cPickle.dumps(o, cPickle.HIGHEST_PROTOCOL)
MemoryError:

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Holiday Island 0.2.0.0

Can anyone help ? Earlier version i could play this game, now i cant even click preference to set the resolution. The game simply freeze :/
1583771617702.png

Be sure to not use search or read the previous posts ;)

Devi1

Jun 16, 2018
win 10--8ram-Q9550-gtx1050ti
HolidayIsland-0.1.9.1-pc--work fine

btw-use_fixed_resolution_720.txt not help

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
HolidayIsland-0.1.9.1-pc--work fine

btw-use_fixed_resolution_720.txt not help
I think you either created the file in the wrong folder or maybe you have hide extension for known files activated and the fix file is named use_fixed_resolution_720.txt.txt
This fix worked 100% of the time for people with this issue.

Reactions: Bantry

Venoma

Nov 30, 2018
Any new content with Renee?
Besides the minor render based and continuously recycled through the girls "update" stuff like workout pics? No, and I wouldn't hold your breathe waiting on that one. Last I looked she does absolutely terrible in patron polls, and the actual development of the "game" has essentially morphed a lot more into a slow milk at that end over the last year then any real attempt to progress forward on original and off the scripted rails content. Especially when it comes to the original and less favored NPC cast. Or basically...she likely still has at least one more predictable scene update step to go before she's getting laid, and which I'm guessing was the base desire behind your question :)

Not that there is ultimately anything wrong with that, mind you. The base of a nice and highly fappable game that is 100% worth a playthrough has already been there for a long time now even without some of the girls not getting any noteworthy sexy time content.

lazyharry

Modder
May 24, 2017
I'm a bit confused now, sorry.
Here are the achievements (scenes) needed to unlock the copper dress.
Thanks a lot for your help, but the problem exists, even though I did everything as you described it, except for talking to Jennifer.
I think the problem has been an older mod, which has been still in the gamefolder.

After removing it, I visit Amy at her room, made a date with at the bar at 22:00. Then I'm going to the bar at the right time, and to my surprise there is the orange rose back in my inventory (although I've had given it already earlier in game to Amy). After that direct talk to Jennifer and I've got the dialogue about the dress. Will continue now and see what will happen.

Reactions: brianiac and Bantry

nuttyboy

Sep 14, 2018

While loading <'Image' u'binoculars/beach/Beach_yoga4_Amy.webp'>:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
Exception: Could not load image u'binoculars/beach/Beach_yoga4_Amy.webp': error('Failed to decode WEBP',)

Yoga scenes causes game crash ? can someone help?

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
Thanks a lot for your help, but the problem exists, even though I did everything as you described it, except for talking to Jennifer.
I think the problem has been an older mod, which has been still in the gamefolder.

After removing it, I visit Amy at her room, made a date with at the bar at 22:00. Then I'm going to the bar at the right time, and to my surprise there is the orange rose back in my inventory (although I've had given it already earlier in game to Amy). After that direct talk to Jennifer and I've got the dialogue about the dress. Will continue now and see what will happen.
You should have started by that, it would have been faster.
Good that it's sorted out.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
use_fixed_resolution_720.txt
btw - new install--cant help
You did something wrong, I can only repeat myself.
But to end this debate, unzip the attached file into you HI/game folder and overwrite the existing file.
if you are not asked to overwrite a file, you unpacked it in the wrong folder.
This will remove the resolution options.

Reactions: brianiac and Bantry
4.10 star(s) 219 Votes