Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
darkhound1 Love the new update.

I did run into a little problem.
I missed the second meeting with Joy to ask her how you can help one of the girls.
I then found the meeting will not then appear the next day or even any day after that.
I also can not ask at reception to reschedule the meeting ??

May need some code to allow it to reschedule the appointment, just in case others players do the same ??
I had a backup save so was not an issue to go back.
Not a bug. You MUST wait a week until you can ask for another meeting. Kind of pain, but I'm sure you and the girls will find a way to make the time go by.

Reactions: hisstoryman

j0tar0

May 19, 2018
the game crashed shortly after starting
darkhound how do i enter the secret screen?
I remember that in the old version I had solved it thanks to you
just entering that screen ...

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
Not a bug. You MUST wait a week until you can ask for another meeting. Kind of pain, but I'm sure you and the girls will find a way to make the time go by.
Went back to that save and did a week and still the same.
Just to clarify... I booked the appointment with reception and was set for the next morning.
I missed the appointment and also did not see the reminder as was on a nap after breakfast as Yvette woke me up in the night.;)
Now the receptionist will not show the option to ask for an appointment in the list.
On the phone in the tasks it says go to the meeting.

Which I would say is not a bug more a section of code to be added help loop back should this occur again.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
help me please
you are not of much help
No offense, but try reading a few posts above your original cry for help. There have been numerous posts with answers to those experiencing game crashes upon start. darkhound1 has already posted a couple quick bugfixes with attachments of new files to download.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Went back to that save and did a week and still the same.
Just to clarify... I booked the appointment with reception and was set for the next morning.
I missed the appointment and also did not see the reminder as was on a nap after breakfast as Yvette woke me up in the night.;)
Now the receptionist will not show the option to ask for an appointment in the list.
On the phone in the tasks it says go to the meeting.

Which I would say is not a bug more a section of code to be added help loop back should this occur again.
If it's like that, it qualifies as a bug. Can you upload a save file for me? It would makes things faster to fix.
Thanks.

EDIT: I will fix it tomorrow. There is no auto fall back on the quest state if you don't go to the appointment.

Last edited:

j0tar0

May 19, 2018
No offense, but try reading a few posts above your original cry for help. There have been numerous posts with answers to those experiencing game crashes upon start. darkhound1 has already posted a couple quick bugfixes with attachments of new files to download.
I tried but there was no fix

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I tried but there was no fix
I find that hard to believe.
https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-island-v0-2-0-0-beta-darkhound1.3782/post-3138937
https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-island-v0-2-0-0-beta-darkhound1.3782/post-3138664
https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-island-v0-2-0-0-beta-darkhound1.3782/post-3138922

j0tar0

May 19, 2018
I don't remember, Darkhound1 made me do a key combination as soon as I opened the game and that screen appeared ...

j0tar0

May 19, 2018
otherwise I didn't ask for help,
but I think I can solve from that screen ... remember that it does select the screen size in addition to other options

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Then you need to supply a FULL traceback report of the error you are receiving. Preferably behind <spoiler> so we don't have to wade through a wall of text.

j0tar0

May 19, 2018
While running game code:
MemoryError: out of memory

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\JOJO_\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\JOJO_\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 581, in main
renpy.persistent.update(True)
File "C:\Users\JOJO_\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\persistent.py", line 391, in update
save()
File "C:\Users\JOJO_\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\persistent.py", line 406, in save
data = dumps(renpy.game.persistent).encode("zlib")
File "C:\Users\JOJO_\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 56, in dumps
return cPickle.dumps(o, cPickle.HIGHEST_PROTOCOL)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Holiday Island 0.2.0.0
Mon Mar 09 22:35:23 2020

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
That is referencing you computer's memory. To my knowledge there is no magic fix or secret screen where you can enter a code to fix it. If the above mentioned fixes, such as the <use_fixed_resolution_720.txt> or the new files darkhound1 already provided, do not work, you may be out of luck. Since it is bedtime where he lives, you may have to wait until tomorrow.

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes