ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Last edited:
Reactions: Bantry

junior366

Jun 20, 2017
how do I get new uniform for the reception? Also new swimsuit for Amy?
Be nice to the girls at reception, a little attention goes a long ways! When talking, not chatting, with Amy ask her if there is anything wrong. Amy will tell you that she wants a sling bikini. However, before you can buy one, you will need to know all of Amy's measurements. If you don’t know, then ask her until you do. Keep in mind that you need to also know her measurements to get her the sexy workout as part of the quest to raise her stats. Might want to wait until you complete that part of the quest before trying to get her the sling bikini. Once you have all of Amy's measurements, her special swimsuit will appear in your phone's shopping app. You can purchase it now with HI favor, but you can't just give her this as a gift. The next time you see Amy in a swimsuit, ask her to change into her Special Swimsuit, and she will put it on for you. Keep in mind that some gym options for her will disappear. This is from the guide!

Reactions: Brololol and Bantry

nielsen145

Donor
Oct 29, 2019
how badly coded is this.
cant mute the audio, without its freezing, cant load its freezing, starting a new game its freezing up also and before you say its my computer, its not.

i7 8700k
48gb memory
RTX 2070 8gb

Last edited:

BellaSouth

Nov 22, 2019
how badly coded is this.
cant mute the audio, without its freezing, starting a new game its freezing up also and before you say its my computer, its not.

i7 8700k
48gb memory
RTX 2070 8gb
Since only you seem to have those issues, I'd say yes, it is.

BellaSouth

Nov 22, 2019
then same issues should apply to other renpy games and they dont, this is the only renpy game, i have experince this in.
Other renpy games do not provide the features that this gives. The complexity of the code doesn't mean bad code. This game uses resources like audio and video a lot, so requires a well-set and optimized system, with updated drivers, for example.

nielsen145

Donor
Oct 29, 2019
Other renpy games do not provide the features that this gives. The complexity of the code doesn't mean bad code. This game uses resources like audio and video a lot, so requires a well-set and optimized system, with updated drivers, for example.
fully updated on drivers, no problem there.
kinda ocd when it comes to drivers, i check once a day for updates on them.
all i can hear you say, my machine cant handle the game.

BellaSouth

Nov 22, 2019
fully updated on drivers, no problem there.
kinda ocd when it comes to drivers, i check once a day for updates on them.
all i can hear you say, my machine cant handle the game.
I said for example. There's a lot of issues you can have in your computer.

Happily, with my i3, 4gb ram and 1gb video, the game runs smoothly.

Reactions: nielsen145

wolvesaber

Jun 20, 2020
i know i said i wasn't goin to use the mod to cheat or w/e.. but gave it a try.. i noticed on the fag it said they weren't going to add any other girls or maybe they are but not sure... so when i went an looked into the mod i noticed theres two extra girls on the list compared to what is on the cell phone list of girls... was this a mistake on the mod end or are they in the game locked away for later use? the two girls i'm talkin about are Daniela an Sara.. if there locked away.. is there anyway to unlock them?

nielsen145

Donor
Oct 29, 2019
I said for example. There's a lot of issues you can have in your computer.

Happily, with my i3, 4gb ram and 1gb video, the game runs smoothly.
as its unplayable for me, iam just gonna delete it.
i tried this twice in the past, with same results, first time was on my old machine, which had way worse specs than my new one, it was a crashing problem i had. 2nd time tried it on 2 different machines, with 2 different results, first machine, kept crashing, which is not a surprise, was older than my old machine and using it as a server now, my new machine freezing problem and 3rd time now, with this update, still same problem.
the older machine was a compaq. my old machine homebuild, same as my new one.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
i know i said i wasn't goin to use the mod to cheat or w/e.. but gave it a try.. i noticed on the fag it said they weren't going to add any other girls or maybe they are but not sure... so when i went an looked into the mod i noticed theres two extra girls on the list compared to what is on the cell phone list of girls... was this a mistake on the mod end or are they in the game locked away for later use? the two girls i'm talkin about are Daniela an Sara.. if there locked away.. is there anyway to unlock them?
Already announced Daniela and Sara and Mia too are future additions, but minor characters in that they won't have a ton of content. Just specific content for specific appointments/events/scenes, etc.

Reactions: brianiac

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
as its unplayable for me, iam just gonna delete it.
i tried this twice in the past, with same results, first time was on my old machine, which had way worse specs than my new one, it was a crashing problem i had. 2nd time tried it on 2 different machines, with 2 different results, first machine, kept crashing, which is not a surprise, was older than my old machine and using it as a server now, my new machine freezing problem and 3rd time now, with this update, still same problem.
the older machine was a compaq. my old machine homebuild, same as my new one.
Your choice, however, if you are having a crashing problem or the game freezing, etc. an error report (traceback) report is generated. Without the ability to examine the complete traceback report any suggestions are just guesses as to what may be the cause of the problem.

nielsen145

Donor
Oct 29, 2019
Your choice, however, if you are having a crashing problem or the game freezing, etc. an error report (traceback) report is generated. Without the ability to examine the complete traceback report any suggestions are just guesses as to what may be the cause of the problem.
well here it is.
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Could not set video mode.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "G:\Downloads\Download\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "G:\Downloads\Download\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "G:\Downloads\Download\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "G:\Downloads\Download\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "G:\Downloads\Download\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3431, in interact_core
    self.set_mode(size)
  File "G:\Downloads\Download\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2055, in set_mode
    raise Exception("Could not set video mode.")

Windows-7-6.1.7600
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Holiday Island 0.2.2.0
Fri Aug 14 05:17:05 2020

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
well here it is.
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "G:\Downloads\Download\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "G:\Downloads\Download\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "G:\Downloads\Download\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "G:\Downloads\Download\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "G:\Downloads\Download\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3431, in interact_core
    self.set_mode(size)
  File "G:\Downloads\Download\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\HolidayIsland-0.2.2.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2055, in set_mode
    raise Exception("Could not set video mode.")

Windows-7-6.1.7600
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Holiday Island 0.2.2.0
Fri Aug 14 05:17:05 2020
Looks more like the known issue for some systems. Have you tried the resolution fix outlined on page 9 of the Guide or here on the developer's Patreon page?

For all of you that get crashes as soon as you click on preferences or load, please manually add an empty text file in the HI sub folder "game".
Name the file: "use_fixed_resolution_720.txt"
I know you said your problem was sound related, but the traceback indicates the problem may be with the display.

nielsen145

Donor
Oct 29, 2019
Looks more like the known issue for some systems. Have you tried the resolution fix outlined on page 9 of the Guide or here on the developer's Patreon page?

For all of you that get crashes as soon as you click on preferences or load, please manually add an empty text file in the HI sub folder "game".
Name the file: "use_fixed_resolution_720.txt"
I know you said your problem was sound related, but the traceback indicates the problem may be with the display.
thx, never said it was sound related.
now it works and now i will go to bed, as you see on the code timestamp, it was early morning here

Reactions: Bantry

oppaifiend

Oct 6, 2019
Fellas I gotta say this is some next-level, high-quality shit so I'll be sending some Patreon bucks your way this weekend. I was hooked right at the start when the game asked me about my preferred body type and allowed me to select the starting roster of girls on site. Then Aly was on the plane and I felt a strange sort of "immersion". Immediately I saw all this potential ahead of me - it's only a 0.2 beta after all. The island feels weirdly alive already.

Together with Mythic Manor and Last Hope this will be one of my personal biggest games on here. There's nothing like free-roam gameplay with some huge tits to discover.

While I love the girls, outfits, UI and general premise I'm still unclear on some of the mechanics. For example, I managed to max out affection, love and lust by spamming hugs until they pass the stat check, then move on to kissing and groping. So now we're at full love and lust... we should be having sex somehow, no? Most of the activities around the island only raise affection so if there is another way to get love and lust, other than brute-force hugging, please let me know :D

Anger doesn't seem to degrade over time. Anything you can do besides gifting roses? Faye has 50 anger in the bank so flashing her tits is a big no, but groping and kissing is fine. Strip poker and pole dancing also works... how do you trigger the sex scenes? I tried visiting the girls at night in their room but to my surprise this can trigger a drop in affection despite love and lust maxxed out.

I'll keep playing now, maybe the answers will find themselves :cool:

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018
Can I has save plz???

No. Don't worry. I'm not seriously asking this question. However, can you actually guess how many times this question was asked within this thread? I undertook some research today to finally find out :giggle:.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And the most amazing finding is that (with just two exceptions) those questions are all unique! Even if they differ by just a question mark, a capital letter or an additional blank space, none of these questions for a save file got asked twice! Imagine that! These people really make an effort! The only logical explanation is that they search this thread, then realize - to their horror - that their question has actually been asked before. But, they desperately want to ask that question, that has been asked so many times before. So, they come up with a slightly modified version to make it a lot less obvious...

By the way: an oft-used technique is using one of the various permitted spellings of the word "please" in English: plz, pls, ples, plies, pliss, pless, place, plsss, plssss.

Even the shortest form of asking for a save was asked in three different ways:
Notice the capital "S"?

My favorite is a user who has asked this question 16 times so far! But always in a unique way:

And here they are, all the requests for save files that have ever been asked on this thread:

Are you a user seriously considering asking this question? Mind you, you cannot ask any of the variations listed here ever again. They have already been asked. The answer is still no.

Can i have a FUll S4v5 Please :KEK:

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Fellas I gotta say this is some next-level, high-quality shit so I'll be sending some Patreon bucks your way this weekend. I was hooked right at the start when the game asked me about my preferred body type and allowed me to select the starting roster of girls on site. Then Aly was on the plane and I felt a strange sort of "immersion". Immediately I saw all this potential ahead of me - it's only a 0.2 beta after all. The island feels weirdly alive already.

Together with Mythic Manor and Last Hope this will be one of my personal biggest games on here. There's nothing like free-roam gameplay with some huge tits to discover.

While I love the girls, outfits, UI and general premise I'm still unclear on some of the mechanics. For example, I managed to max out affection, love and lust by spamming hugs until they pass the stat check, then move on to kissing and groping. So now we're at full love and lust... we should be having sex somehow, no? Most of the activities around the island only raise affection so if there is another way to get love and lust, other than brute-force hugging, please let me know :D

Anger doesn't seem to degrade over time. Anything you can do besides gifting roses? Faye has 50 anger in the bank so flashing her tits is a big no, but groping and kissing is fine. Strip poker and pole dancing also works... how do you trigger the sex scenes? I tried visiting the girls at night in their room but to my surprise this can trigger a drop in affection despite love and lust maxxed out.

I'll keep playing now, maybe the answers will find themselves :cool:
One correction, one suggestion.
If your comment was directed toward the developer, there is no 'Fellas' it is one person.
Download and read the Companion Guide as the majority of your questions are answered within.

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes