Erxkum

Oct 10, 2021
Yup I just checked Shiravune's Discord and they posted this 20/01/2023:

We also apologize for the technical troubles that many users reported with Holy Paladin Cynthia at launch.

This week, the team pushed out some major fixes to the base Johren version and to the free patch, located here:
18+ VERSION:
18+ PATCH:

These updated versions should fix the great majority of the difficulties that people had.
Please re-download the game or patch as appropriate from the links above to update to the latest version.

Patch notes are as follows:
Code:
・Fixed an error at the shop in Pervert Village
・Fixed errors that sometimes occurred when selecting certain functions
・Fixed text display errors in Extra Mode and elsewhere
・Added missing translations for several images
・Miscellaneous translation adjustments
Can anyone download the patch and tell me if the bugged spell is fixed? Because the Patch notes don't mention it.

Hawaiianfacts

Apr 9, 2021
I downloaded the patch and replaced .wolf files that had been updated. From what I can tell, the fixes were mostly aesthetic, such as "buy" and "sell" being in English rather than unsupported characters in the font used, i.e. still in Japanese. You can create a throwaway email if you want to sign up and check/get it yourself.

Notably, voice files and Raunchy Refusal are both still broken.

I'm not versed in Wolf, but I just did a patch for Demon Queen Melissa's Evtext voice calls. I'm going to try to do the same for Cynthia, but the file naming scheme is really bad compared to DQM. That said, I don't care about the bgv for the generic h-events, so the patch would only affect unique dialogue events.

Reactions: p23rklo and Erxkum

Erxkum

Oct 10, 2021
I downloaded the patch and replaced .wolf files that had been updated. From what I can tell, the fixes were mostly aesthetic, such as "buy" and "sell" being in English rather than unsupported characters in the font used, i.e. still in Japanese. You can create a throwaway email if you want to sign up and check/get it yourself.

Notably, voice files and Raunchy Refusal are both still broken.
I'm going to report it on shiravune's discord but I get the feeling they don't give a fuck, still worth a try(Even more if there's more people making noise about it). Is "raunchy refusal" the name of the broken spell on shiravune's patch?

I'm not versed in Wolf, but I just did a patch for Demon Queen Melissa's Evtext voice calls. I'm going to try to do the same for Cynthia, but the file naming scheme is really bad compared to DQM. That said, I don't care about the bgv for the generic h-events, so the patch would only affect unique dialogue events.
Did you patch Kagura's Demon Queen Melissa release or was it the DLsite one?

Erxkum

Oct 10, 2021
I'm going to report it on shiravune's discord but I get the feeling they don't give a fuck, still worth a try(Even more if there's more people making noise about it). Is "raunchy refusal" the name of the broken spell on shiravune's patch?
Welp they actually responded and said they were going to pass the info to the dev team, they are asking me what's the issue with the voices, can anyone help me give a more detailed report?

I'm also trying to download the 1.06 JP version to check for differences.

Reactions: lwx595

Hawaiianfacts

Apr 9, 2021
For DQM, it was a fix for the Kagura version. The DLsite version is the original, and works properly.
The issue with Raunchy Refusal is that it is never greyed out (always "usable" even below 50 Raunchiness), and does not raise the flag which triggers the relevant evh_*002 events. This is a guess, but I'd say it's likely that the common event is looking for "インランイラン" to be used instead of Raunchy Refusal.
The issue with the voices is that the common event calls for voices in erotic scenes, i.e. those not called from the evtext, are not being called properly. I do not use Wolf, so I cannot speculate on a cause.

The previous fix posted is no longer useful, use the fix from Shiravune posted in #151.

Last edited:
Reactions: Erxkum

Erxkum

Oct 10, 2021
For DQM, it was a fix for the Kagura version. The DLsite version is the original, and works properly.
The issue with Raunchy Refusal is that it is never greyed out (always "usable" even below 50 Raunchiness), and does not raise the flag which triggers the relevant evh_*002 events. This is a guess, but I'd say it's likely that the common event is looking for "インランイラン" to be used instead of Raunchy Refusal.
The issue with the voices is that the common event calls for voices in erotic scenes, i.e. those not called from the evtext, are not being called properly. I do not use Wolf, so I cannot speculate on a cause.

That said, here's a makeshift fix for the voice issue. So, enjoy. Note that any low or drowned out audio is present in Sexy Knight Cynthia as well as Holy Paladin Cynthia.

To use this fix, put the folder called "Evtext" where your Evtext.wolf file is, and delete or rename Evtext.wolf.
Can I copy your text to Shiravune's discord? Like this:

The issue with the voices is that the common event calls for voices in erotic scenes, i.e. those not called from the evtext, are not being called properly.

Erxkum

Oct 10, 2021

That said, here's a makeshift fix for the voice issue. So, enjoy. Note that any low or drowned out audio is present in Sexy Knight Cynthia as well as Holy Paladin Cynthia.

To use this fix, put the folder called "Evtext" where your Evtext.wolf file is, and delete or rename Evtext.wolf.
Well a Shiravune representative/or replied this:

"Thank you for the details! That's helpful, and we're double-checking the Raunchy Refusal mechanic.
Regarding the common events, it looks like those lines aren't voiced in the game to begin with."

I wonder how I should explain, I'm going to try the Japanese version to check. Is the lack of voices noticeable at the beggining?

Hawaiianfacts

Apr 9, 2021
You're both using the same term (common event) to mean two different things. In Wolf, common events are used to call ANY event (delete or rename your voice.wolf and you'll see a common event 30 error, used to play the "Acerola" name drop.) The Shiravune rep is using common event to mean GENERIC or repeatable event, which he is correct in that they are not voiced, but is not understanding what "common event" contextually means.

There are 2,284 voice files in HPC. Of these, about 2000 files that SHOULD play, are not. The naming schema depends on the leading character and context. Generally, #=Cynthia, a=Mana Spirit, b=Yuri, c=Hotaru, d=Lalanoa, e=Lenette, f=Ceres, and g=Ilina.

There are 250 erotic events in HPC, including both unvoiced and voiced. These are named and divided into 3 categories: dotH_##_## (pixel on-map), quest_### (light bulb quests), and evh_[*]### (everything else, the * is a-g if Cynthia isn't the lead). NONE of the dotH and quest events are voiced, and they shouldn't be. Those are fine.

The first voice file alphabetically is 080a001.ogg. The event it is used in is evh_080. Since it starts with a #, it's a Cynthia event. It has an "a" in the middle, so it's normal (b=raunchy for Cynthia), and 001 means it is the first voice line played. Event 80 has 23 lines, and the voice lines go to 080a023.ogg. Perfect match. None of them play in game.

The leading numeral voice lines continue until 130b016.ogg, which is the defeated end orgy. That's 1316 voice lines that do not play, all of them Cynthia. It's worth pointing out that event 130 DOES have voice lines that do work, it's just that it's the other girls.

Next is the a0s### voices. These are Cynthia in the Mana Spirit deflowering event. They work properly, because they were called in evtext.

Afterward, we have the other girls' voice lines, starting with a000001.ogg. "a" means Mana Spirit, 000 means first event she is in, and 001 means first line. This is the same deflowering event mentioned above, and while she is supposed to be voiced, she is not in the English release.

Almost none of the other girls' voice lines in erotic events are playing, all the way up to g002023.ogg, for a total of 692 lines. The exceptions to this are the aforementioned orgy ending (the [*004###.ogg files]) and Yuri's forced Raunchy Refusal demonstration event in the circus tent (b000001-b000024). As with the a0s### lines, if Cynthia is present in ANOTHER girl's event, such when she's peeping on Lenette, Cynthia is voiced, because she was called in evtext, not via the common event.

All of the sys voice files (attacks, opening title drop, etc) seem to be working, but frankly, no one would notice if they weren't.

tl;dr 87.91% of the voice lines you should be hearing aren't playing, and it's the lines of the main girl of that event.

Reactions: Erxkum

Erxkum

Oct 10, 2021
You're both using the same term (common event) to mean two different things. In Wolf, common events are used to call ANY event (delete or rename your voice.wolf and you'll see a common event 30 error, used to play the "Acerola" name drop.) The Shiravune rep is using common event to mean GENERIC or repeatable event, which he is correct in that they are not voiced, but is not understanding what "common event" contextually means.

There are 2,284 voice files in HPC. Of these, about 2000 files that SHOULD play, are not. The naming schema depends on the leading character and context. Generally, #=Cynthia, a=Mana Spirit, b=Yuri, c=Hotaru, d=Lalanoa, e=Lenette, f=Ceres, and g=Ilina.

There are 250 erotic events in HPC, including both unvoiced and voiced. These are named and divided into 3 categories: dotH_##_## (pixel on-map), quest_### (light bulb quests), and evh_[*]### (everything else, the * is a-g if Cynthia isn't the lead). NONE of the dotH and quest events are voiced, and they shouldn't be. Those are fine.

The first voice file alphabetically is 080a001.ogg. The event it is used in is evh_080. Since it starts with a #, it's a Cynthia event. It has an "a" in the middle, so it's normal (b=raunchy for Cynthia), and 001 means it is the first voice line played. Event 80 has 23 lines, and the voice lines go to 080a023.ogg. Perfect match. None of them play in game.

The leading numeral voice lines continue until 130b016.ogg, which is the defeated end orgy. That's 1316 voice lines that do not play, all of them Cynthia. It's worth pointing out that event 130 DOES have voice lines that do work, it's just that it's the other girls.

Next is the a0s### voices. These are Cynthia in the Mana Spirit deflowering event. They work properly, because they were called in evtext.

Afterward, we have the other girls' voice lines, starting with a000001.ogg. "a" means Mana Spirit, 000 means first event she is in, and 001 means first line. This is the same deflowering event mentioned above, and while she is supposed to be voiced, she is not in the English release.

Almost none of the other girls' voice lines in erotic events are playing, all the way up to g002023.ogg, for a total of 692 lines. The exceptions to this are the aforementioned orgy ending (the [*004###.ogg files]) and Yuri's forced Raunchy Refusal demonstration event in the circus tent (b000001-b000024). As with the a0s### lines, if Cynthia is present in ANOTHER girl's event, such when she's peeping on Lenette, Cynthia is voiced, because she was called in evtext, not via the common event.

All of the sys voice files (attacks, opening title drop, etc) seem to be working, but frankly, no one would notice if they weren't.

tl;dr 87.91% of the voice lines you should be hearing aren't playing, and it's the lines of the main girl of that event.
Thank you for the detailed explanation.

Erxkum

Oct 10, 2021

Great news everyone, Shiravune released a patch to fix the issues identified. They sya they will publish it next week on johren, you can download it right now in their discord.

Huge thanks to Hawaiianfacts because of detailed descriptions of the bugs, I was able to relay to a Shiravune representative who delivered the feedback to the Dev team.

Now I feel confortable buying the game on steam.

Bryanis

Jan 4, 2021
according to Johren's site :

2023/01/31 07:33
---------------------------------------
・Fixes an issue that caused voices not to play in some scenes
・Fixes the functionality of the "Raunchy Refusal" spell
---------------------------------------
・修正部分事件沒有正常播放配音的問題
・修正淫亂轉換沒有正常發揮功能的問題
So to fully play the game, you need the latest version at least (for all the "raunchy refusal" spell unlocking content).
Dunno if there still some bug left (like some scene with no voice for exemple).

Bryanis

Jan 4, 2021
So if the update has been released, where can we get it?

Oh damn, sorry for the dumb question as I just missed that, so let me rephrase that, is this the latest one that fixes the lewd transfer thing?
The one linked is the bug fix from 27th January 2023.
The one I just mentionned is another bug fix released on the 31th January 2023.

It's another one that need sharing.

Erxkum

Oct 10, 2021
The one linked is the bug fix from 27th January 2023.
The one I just mentionned is another bug fix released on the 31th January 2023.

It's another one that need sharing.
Not it's the same fix. Shiravune posted the patch on their discordbecause the jorhen upload would take a week.

From their discord:
We plan to add this patch to the official distributables on Johren as well next week, but as the file size is small, we recommend that anyone playing the game in English pick it up now from here.

Bryanis

Jan 4, 2021
I think it's different this time.
When I put the last comment the 01/31th bugfix had the same description as the one from the 01/27th, but today the latest one show :
2023/01/18 07:51

--------------------------------------------
・Fixed an error at the shop in Pervert Village
・Fixed errors that sometimes occurred when selecting certain functions
・Fixed text display errors in Extra Mode and elsewhere
・Added missing translations for several images
・Miscellaneous translation adjustments
・修正變態村的商店顯示錯誤訊息的問題
・修正使用部分功能時出現錯誤訊息的問題
・修正EXTRA模式與部分遊戲內容出現亂碼的問題
・修正未翻譯的遊戲圖片
・其他細微翻譯的修正
Which aren't required for finishing the game but may still be useful.

Going on the game's pag eon Johren show 2 "important and update" on the right side with (now) different text for each one.

Gabb124

Sep 15, 2018
where is the wharf, and where is the way to the north area?
Wharf is the area west of the town Kikyo, you'll find the herbs for the one quest somewhere around there.
North area is called "Snowdrop", it will be to the left when you come to the sign directing you to either Snowdrop or Kikyo.

torgpolariski

Oct 11, 2021
Wharf is the area west of the town Kikyo, you'll find the herbs for the one quest somewhere around there.
North area is called "Snowdrop", it will be to the left when you come to the sign directing you to either Snowdrop or Kikyo.
ty very much, couldn't figure those out. on these 2dcg games, they need to start making maps for them, so you can find your way around, on these types.

3.70 star(s) 3 Votes