d3ak

Jan 20, 2023
Team Monolith awesome work, I just played a session and like the customization feature most! Some question:

- will I ever be able to clone my favourite celeb into the game? like with FaceGen -> Genesis model -> VAM?
- metahuman -> home together in the future?

Team Monolith

Creator of Monolith Bay and Home Together
Game Developer
May 20, 2017
Team Monolith awesome work, I just played a session and like the customization feature most! Some question:

- will I ever be able to clone my favourite celeb into the game? like with FaceGen -> Genesis model -> VAM?
- metahuman -> home together in the future?
Happy you like it :)

What you want would only be possible via modding. You could do that right now. Make a new face texture and shape and mod it into the game. But that is a bit hard if you are not a rather skilled modder. We consider integrated mod support in the future (but even then it won't be easy).

lloydcas

Jan 21, 2022
hello , i was wondering how it works the face expressions on the animations, it changes when I select different ones during the scene or I have to stopped and then select an expression. ?

Reactions: dempart

Toudaioken

Feb 1, 2020
You weren't kidding about the learning curve, I still haven't been able to get through that AES encryption.
Frankly, it serves me right for thinking for even a second that I could hop from modding textures in Gamebryo and Source to Unreal 5 without issues.

Reactions: doiglas69

d3ak

Jan 20, 2023
Happy you like it :)

What you want would only be possible via modding. You could do that right now. Make a new face texture and shape and mod it into the game. But that is a bit hard if you are not a rather skilled modder. We consider integrated mod support in the future (but even then it won't be easy).
yeah Im not much into the world of modding. I just tried to make my own celeb clons in VAM by facegen which uses some older genesis model from daz3d but end results had to be tweaked too much for me to make a good replica char.

I assume UE5/HT doesnt use Genesis models. When you say make a new texture/shape and mod it into the game, maybe you can give me another hint where to start?!

For the metahuman thing: as long as there is the possibilty to get a metahuman celeb replica into the game I am very hyped for this project. If possible maybe you can direct me into the right direction for this so I wold skip doing textures/shapes and go straight to the metahuman mod bymyself :D

i.e.: this looks crazy realistic: would it be possible to create this char in metahuman with deepfacelive, export the model to whatever is compatible to UE5/HT and mod it into the game? If so, can you give baseline for me to research further?

Schulth

Dec 22, 2021
Sent me down bit of a rabbit hole but holy crap does it seem cool another video like yours is

lots of potential just hope they dont start suing ppl hahah

4.00 star(s) 47 Votes