Team Monolith

Creator of Monolith Bay and Home Together
Game Developer
May 20, 2017
yeah Im not much into the world of modding. I just tried to make my own celeb clons in VAM by facegen which uses some older genesis model from daz3d but end results had to be tweaked too much for me to make a good replica char.

I assume UE5/HT doesnt use Genesis models. When you say make a new texture/shape and mod it into the game, maybe you can give me another hint where to start?!

For the metahuman thing: as long as there is the possibilty to get a metahuman celeb replica into the game I am very hyped for this project. If possible maybe you can direct me into the right direction for this so I wold skip doing textures/shapes and go straight to the metahuman mod bymyself :D

i.e.: this looks crazy realistic: would it be possible to create this char in metahuman with deepfacelive, export the model to whatever is compatible to UE5/HT and mod it into the game? If so, can you give baseline for me to research further?
Sadly metahumans are not 1:1 compatible with our characters, different skeletons, and so on. But with some skill, you could use it as a base for modding.

I don't wanna kill your guy's hopes but these videos have a deepfake applied to the video, so it is not actually what you would see in-game. It is put onto the video afterward. It would introduce a really big latency for games, so it is only a thing for videos right now.
Here a example of what it does with a video side-by side: . See how different they look? At this point the deepfake of the could be applied to the face we already have in the game, if it was possible for games...

rintintin

Nov 17, 2019
Was wondering when the new version will be available for no patreon members :p
" Updates will be released on a monthly basis around the 15th of every month." :unsure:
first tease and then cash in with small improvements for which you have to wait a long time on purpose. nothing new here.

• Angry
Reactions: Abeman555

d3ak

Jan 20, 2023
ah ok so these guys actually just deepfake celebs on metahuman animations. lol ok I always thought that is a usable 3d model. well, I guess they have really scanned in keanu and carrie-ann from all angles to get them into this matrix trailer.

Team Monolith

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
" Updates will be released on a monthly basis around the 15th of every month." :unsure:
To clarify on the 15th we release a new version to our Patreon. What gets released here and when has nothing to do with us.
Patreon versions become free on our itch, around 1-2 months after they got released on Patreon.

ah ok so these guys actually just deepfake celebs on metahuman animations. lol ok I always thought that is a usable 3d model. well, I guess they have really scanned in keanu and carrie-ann from all angles to get them into this matrix trailer.
The matrix stuff is not deep-faked, I think. But I am sure a lot more work went into creating those models compared to the deepfake video :D
edit: by reading again I noticed that is what you mean by scanned, I first thought scanned for a deep fake.

Last edited:

crowsonn

Game Developer
Aug 9, 2017
We shouldn't wait to play this game then. Don't get me wrong I would definately support this project if only one dollar wouldn't have been so much money for my country. But alas the devaluation!

Schulth

Dec 22, 2021
I guess the deepfake stuff was too good to be true to become an ingame unreal texture/morph/model. What a shame! but I guess it means the talents of skilled modders will still be needed

Trombley

Mar 5, 2022
Do not fret. Meta Humans is insanely powerful and in combination with deep fakes you can create anyone - thus I think its inevitable before we get some sort of 3D rendition built in photogrammetry. More or less, build a rough 3D face, deep fake it and let the program work and you can export a complete model. It's not a question of if its possible, its a question of when.

scorpio99-bj

Jul 8, 2019
We shouldn't wait to play this game then. Don't get me wrong I would definately support this project if only one dollar wouldn't have been so much money for my country. But alas the devaluation!
With everything going up and up it is very hard to support Game Developers but this one is worth it unlike many others. But can only support it like every other month so I will join in February to get a taste of v6 and to be able to play v7 as well.

doiglas69

Oct 19, 2022
With everything going up and up it is very hard to support Game Developers but this one is worth it unlike many others. But can only support it like every other month so I will join in February to get a taste of v6 and to be able to play v7 as well.
I'm thinking the exact same thing. This is going somewhere and the devs seem cool

Dingickso

Oct 2, 2022
Do not fret. Meta Humans is insanely powerful and in combination with deep fakes you can create anyone - thus I think its inevitable before we get some sort of 3D rendition built in photogrammetry. More or less, build a rough 3D face, deep fake it and let the program work and you can export a complete model. It's not a question of if its possible, its a question of when.
Face Transfer, Headshop and other plugins already exist for Daz3D characters. Indeed, it's only a matter of time before something similar or even better is also introduced for Meta Human. (Which will take the tech even further beyond the horizon.)

Trombley

Mar 5, 2022
Face Transfer, Headshop and other plugins already exist for Daz3D characters. Indeed, it's only a matter of time before something similar or even better is also introduced for Meta Human. (Which will take the tech even further beyond the horizon.)
My thoughs exactly.

Reactions: Dingickso

Voyager1980XD

Nov 9, 2022
The closest it gets for 3d face to look like a human, the weirder it looks ( uncanny valley effect ). Your brain just knows something is off and is sending warning signs. UE5 designs have a lot of that stuff recently. There is good reason why so many developers choose cartoony aesthetics instead trying to make " real human ". To me this girl looks creepy as fuck.

Team Monolith

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
We could have gone way more realistic, she is pretty stylized if you compare her to a metahuman for example. But I know what you mean, and it's not everyone's cup of tea. Also, I think what causes this the most is the facial animation since it is less realistic than the visuals. But we are looking for ways to improve this in the future :)

Last edited:

crowsonn

Game Developer
Aug 9, 2017
We could have gone way more realistic, she is pretty stylized if you compare her to a metahuman for example. But I know what you mean, and it's not everyone's cup of tea. Also, I think what causes this the most is the facial animation since it is less realistic than the visuals. But we are looking for ways to improve this in for the future :)
Yeah, making facial expressions less cartoony and more realistic would be wonderful. It deeply effects realism. In the far future, can there be any way of in game animation editor to let us prepare our own scenes like 3DSexVilla/Klub17?

Team Monolith

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
Yeah, making facial expressions less cartoony and more realistic would be wonderful. It deeply effects realism. In the far future, can there be any way of in game animation editor to let us prepare our own scenes like 3DSexVilla/Klub17?
Nothing like that is set in stone, yet. I would not count on it but not impossible that it is gonna happen in the far future. :)

scorpio99-bj

Jul 8, 2019
Hair options do not save correctly between eyebrows and hair thickness. It will save but when you load the character into game the eyebrows look like caterpillars or hair will not have any thickness.

4.00 star(s) 47 Votes