crowsonn

Game Developer
Aug 9, 2017
Yeah, if this would be one time early access fee, (a reasonable one unfortunately due to my country), I would definately pay for this game. Maybe you should think about Steam?

Than again as a caveat, it seems you plan to add lots of features to bring flesh and bones to this game. While you are very early like this being a proof of concept, maybe you can still publish a few versions from here. It would definately help to get more hype as it did until today.

Reactions: MaxSDVXXXL

IIT0NE

Mar 4, 2019
If YOU find value in the game, then pay for it. As that is their reward for committing their time.
This right here! I can see no traces online of Team Monolith's business presence, so from a legal stand-point, it's within their best interests to do everything they can to protect their Intellectual property at this early stage.

TM have obviously put a lot of time and work into the development of what's already shaping-up to be a quality product, so it's worth paying a little something in order to help them get to the stage where they can register as a legitimate studio/business and protect their IP through legal channels.

Having said that, it's pretty common knowledge that giving away demos for free, so that people can make informed decisions, inevitably leads to a much higher ROI in the long run.

It's a tough situation, especially in the current financial climate; People don't want to give their money away in the hope that a product "might" be something they'd actually want to invest in and support for an unforseeable amount of time.

I don't work for or represent Team Monolith in any way, but personally, I will say to consumers on F95zone that this particular game is well worth backing, and It should be Team Monolith's place to decide whether or not their betas should be distributed for free on this site. However, I would say to Team Monolith (respectfully):- relax. The more exposure you have and the more people can get their hands on the product - free or otherwise - the more chance you have of "converting" non-paying backers to people who can financially help you acheive your goals.

user0609

Dec 17, 2018
This right here! I can see no traces online of Team Monolith's business presence, so from a legal stand-point, it's within their best interests to do everything they can to protect their Intellectual property at this early stage.

TM have obviously put a lot of time and work into the development of what's already shaping-up to be a quality product, so it's worth paying a little something in order to help them get to the stage where they can register as a legitimate studio/business and protect their IP through legal channels.

Having said that, it's pretty common knowledge that giving away demos for free, so that people can make informed decisions, inevitably leads to a much higher ROI in the long run.

It's a tough situation, especially in the current financial climate; People don't want to give their money away in the hope that a product "might" be something they'd actually want to invest in and support for an unforseeable amount of time.

I don't work for or represent Team Monolith in any way, but personally, I will say to consumers on F95zone that this particular game is well worth backing, and It should be Team Monolith's place to decide whether or not their betas should be distributed for free on this site. However, I would say to Team Monolith (respectfully):- relax. The more exposure you have and the more people can get their hands on the product - free or otherwise - the more chance you have of "converting" non-paying backers to people who can financially help you acheive your goals.
Free demo is available

Reactions: deniz081

Levy88

Jul 25, 2017
you're 100% gatekeeping your own game and to your own detriment
telling your patrons not to leak the latest version for some sort of reward or something.
do what you want, but you should give your game to f95. there are those who have experience on f95 whose feedback will go a long way as i'm sure you know.
This is the very definition of entitlement.

Big yikes.

IIT0NE

Mar 4, 2019
Free demo is available
That's a great help. Hopefully the later beta versions I was referring to can also get some much-needed exposure soon, so others can decide to jump on board and donate to the development.

TheVegnar

Jul 4, 2021
So what are these rewards for not sharing versions that seem to have been mentioned earlier?

gato735

Mar 17, 2019
Dude, I had downloaded your games 3-4 months ago on my pc but I had never launched it, today I was freeing up space on my pc and I fell on your games, I said to myself shit it still takes up space (3go, the version 0.1)) so I wanted to delete it BUT I said to myself test it before at least! AND SO....... I KEEP IT! lol

KEEP IT BRO !

BigBoi922

Dec 7, 2018
you're 100% gatekeeping your own game and to your own detriment
telling your patrons not to leak the latest version for some sort of reward or something.
do what you want, but you should give your game to f95. there are those who have experience on f95 whose feedback will go a long way as i'm sure you know
by the way your and future supporters will support. Regardless.
new forum member moment

man's really out here trying to bully devs for free labour

4.00 star(s) 47 Votes