ScyTheFox

Apr 8, 2021
as someone using Linux for >10 years, this is the dumbest statement one could make about Linux...

If you would care about security you shouldn't use a computer in the first place.
I totally agree with that. Its actually the exact reason why i dont got a smart-phone since 4 years. WHen it comes down to my PC, i literally dont care, cause of my cringe attitude.

noro023

Mar 9, 2019
Sorry to say man, that graphics card is really really old. The game probably requires newer features than that card supports such as DirectX12. With this update, I noticed there is a shortcut in the game's root folder that starts the game in DirectX11 mode; try that. You should really upgrade your graphics card or probably just your whole PC.

Radeon driver version 22.2.2 only supports Radeon cards from the RX 400 series and newer. The Radeon RX 480 came out in 2016... Your card came out in 2010!

The game probably needs at least Direct3D11 feature level 11_1; your card only supports feature level 11_0.
My PC is new have 3-4 month new box ryzen 5 16g ram
but not anough mone for gpu and this one i buy like necessity for 20€ because old one died
and this its still working it is 2 years + - :love: :D
you would be surprised what can be played on the 2010 card (in reasonable resolution)

thank you for the advice, I will definitely try it

Schlong50

Dec 11, 2019
Im using W10 my self and im pretty fine with it. I dont like W11, i think W10 suits myself way better, but this is very subjective, which is totally fine for anyone to be.
I like your attitude on your last mention!
btw i like the blond elven one of your HS2 xmas cards!
Thanks; I hope she brought you some christmas joy :D

And I agree; ppl should use what they feel ok with as long as they keep potential risks in mind. I am pretty sure by now every W7 user is aware that that OS is not that fresh anymore. But its not like an army of hackers just waits for any W7 user to go online to kill his rig (and if they do I am sure what OS is used and how updated it is does not really matter). Risk with some random malware/bots/other automatic stuff in the net is prolly higher.

lol internet

Donor
Sep 8, 2019
as someone using Linux for >10 years, this is the dumbest statement one could make about Linux...

If you would care about security you shouldn't use a computer in the first place.
If you care about security you just use the most secure OS, that doesn't mean that it's perfect, Linux is just better than Windows7 (the OS the first guy was defending against W10 and 11), only a dumb would think the opposite.

evaw

Feb 5, 2021
If you care about security you just use the most secure OS, that doesn't mean that it's perfect, Linux is just better than Windows7 (the OS the first guy was defending against W10 and 11), only a dumb would think the opposite.
Only a dumb would think that any OS have security. (Defender? Antivirus? - no it's not about security, lamers don't understand it).
If some need security - use firewall + disable any remote control.

Team Monolith

Creator of Monolith Bay and Home Together
Game Developer
May 20, 2017
Windows 7 does not support DirectX 12, so the game should only work by running the DirectX 11 .exe. Besides that, it should run just fine on windows 7, nothing was changed between versions regarding windows 7 support.

SimpleTimes

Jan 26, 2021
99% of security threats are between keyboard and chair. Leaving "security" to the OS is just naive...

Last edited:
Reactions: evaw

lol internet

Donor
Sep 8, 2019
99% of security threats are between keyboard and chair. Leaving "security" to the OS is just naive...
Yes, because having a more secure OS implies that you won't have security between keyboard and chair. You can only choose one.
If you want to use Win go ahead, i don't care. I was talking to the guy that didn't want Microsoft's TELEMETRY (already present in Win7 btw), that thing doesn't exist on Linux.

The original discussion was about this:
Why would I want windows 11, where the so called *Security* chip is just to make beyond an absolute doubt they have access and can do w/e they want on your computer at all times?

Who would want that?
If he is afraid of Windows10/11 doing that stuff and still wants to play this games he can use Linux, it's a fucking solution to his problem.
You are just defending Microsoft as a fanboy here instead of trying to help.

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
done but still can someone please post the files that are missing? or will I have to redownload again?
It doesn't show up when I try and add the file here.

Also do you usually delete the download once you've installed before checking it works?

4.00 star(s) 47 Votes