Anon.1337

Jun 9, 2017
broken af for me theres no gameplay other than going around the house and its blurry af
Can't you start sex positions? You can adjust the resolution scale in the sex UI (cause of it looking blurry), it is lowered by default for performance
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\HomeTogether\Saved\Config\Windows

Adding this will help. This are the most useless effects devs for some reason use in their Unreal Engine games and it makes them blurry af, especially with TAA on top it is just a smudge fest.

SceneColorFringe is chromatic aberration, Tonemapper is Vignette.

[SystemSettings]
r.MotionBlur.Max=0
r.MotionBlurQuality=0
r.DepthOfField.Max=0
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.DefaultFeature.MotionBlur=0
r.SceneColorFringe.Max=0
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
r.Tonemapper.GrainQuantization=0
r.Tonemapper.Quality=0

You can also use, to sharpen the image.

r.Tonemapper.Sharpen #

ReShade Simple Sharpening, change it from txt to ini and load it with Reshade.

Last edited:

Dingickso

Oct 2, 2022

Adding this will help. This are the most useless effects devs for some reason use in their Unreal Engine games and it makes them blurry af, especially with TAA on top it is just a smudge fest.

[SystemSettings]
r.MotionBlur.Max=0
r.MotionBlurQuality=0
r.DepthOfField.Max=0
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.SceneColorFringe.Max=0
r.Tonemapper.Quality=0

r.Tonemapper.Sharpen #

Thanks for this post. You could say that Motion Blur, or even Bloom which are usually extremely exaggerated. All of those effects I usually disable or set to very low, I don't know what people like in them. It is distracting, it doesn't really look good, and it needlessly eats a few fps. I hate motion blur (well except in fast racing games because it makes sense to simulate speed effect), and I think most bloom is overly done. But my personal pet peeve is depth of field. I fuck!ng hate that. Your eyes can't focus on all the monitor in front of you anyway so you don't need artificial DoF added because your eyes are already doing it for you. Screenshots are the only acceptable use as far as I am concerned as it can be used to emphasise a foreground subject. Otherwise it adds nothing to the game but cover up poor visual assets. It is wasted development time implementing flashy post processing effects rather than improve more important aspects of the game.

Team Monolith

Creator of Monolith Bay and Home Together
Game Developer
May 20, 2017

[SystemSettings]
r.MotionBlur.Max=0
r.MotionBlurQuality=0
r.DepthOfField.Max=0
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.SceneColorFringe.Max=0
r.Tonemapper.Quality=0

r.Tonemapper.Sharpen #

Oh shit, 5 blurs - dev's wtf are you doing :censored:
Thanks for this post. You could say that Motion Blur, or even Bloom which are usually extremely exaggerated. All of those effects I usually disable or set to very low, I don't know what people like in them. It is distracting, it doesn't really look good, and it needlessly eats a few fps. I hate motion blur (well except in fast racing games because it makes sense to simulate speed effect), and I think most bloom is overly done. But my personal pet peeve is depth of field. I fuck!ng hate that. Your eyes can't focus on all the monitor in front of you anyway so you don't need artificial DoF added because your eyes are already doing it for you. Screenshots are the only acceptable use as far as I am concerned as it can be used to emphasise a foreground subject. Otherwise it adds nothing to the game but cover up poor visual assets. It is wasted development time implementing flashy post processing effects rather than improve more important aspects of the game.
Uh, what? Motion blur is 100% off and disabled in the engine settings and the levels post-processing, which overwrites the .ini/text settings (and this is the way they should be changed). I mean just move the camera quickly in-game there clearly is no motion blur. I also don't like motion blur that's why I fully disabled it, so no clue where you guys get the idea that it is on :D

Also, you talk about TAA which also is not used... we use unreal engine's new TSR, which does not smudge (that is the great thing about it).

1678018308295.png
1678018637951.png

All I see your .txt really doing is applying a sharpening filter. Which is really up to taste if you want that.

The following does only apply to the VR version, but if VR looks blurry that is the pixel density, which we set to 60%, so it can better start on most machines. If your machine can handle it you can set it to 100% in the sex scene ui.

Last edited:

evaw

Feb 5, 2021
Also, you talk about TAA which also is not used... we use unreal engine's new TSR, which does not smudge (that is the great thing about it).
As i know TSR not anti aliasing like TAA, it's upscaler - so game render in hi-resolution & downscale to our?

Team Monolith

Creator of Monolith Bay and Home Together
Game Developer
May 20, 2017
As i know TSR not anti aliasing like TAA, it's upscaler
While it is not the same as classic anti-aliasing it does replace anti-aliasing. ( I recommend doing some reading on things like TSR and DLSS if you want to understand why)

so game render in hi-resolution & downscale to our?
No, the game is not rendered in higher resolution. It is rendered either in lower or native resolution and then scaled to native (depending on TSR resolution scale settings in the game). In both cases, it removes the need for anti-aliasing, which is the cool thing about.

Last edited:

Anon.1337

Jun 9, 2017
Uh, what guys? Motion blur is 100% off and disabled in the engine settings and the levels post-processing, which overwrites the .ini/text settings (and this is the way they should be changed). I mean just move the camera quickly in-game there clearly is no motion blur. I also don't like motion blur that why I fully disabled it, so no clue where you guys get the idea that it is on :D

View attachment 2440252
View attachment 2440269

All I see your .txt really doing is applying a sharpening filter. Which is really up to taste if you want that.

The following does only apply to the VR version, but if VR looks blurry that is the pixel density, which we set to 60%, so it can better start on most machines. If your machine can handle it you can set it to 100% in the sex scene ui.
TBH that is my go to thing for Unreal Engine Games, without even checking if the game enables those i do it anyways. I suggested it in case this game has them because the guy was complaining it was blurry, which i am not sure since i have been running it with the ini since i installed the game. As for TSR i didnt know it ran on that good to know.

Example Subverse has all those enabled afaik.

Someone asked for bloom you can do this, i like bloom tho so i dont disable it.

r.Bloom.Max=0
r.BloomQuality=0

4.00 star(s) 47 Votes