VN Ren'Py Abandoned Home Trainer - Domestic Corruption [v0.2.1] [Deviant_smite]

4.70 star(s) 27 Votes

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
I'm really new to ren'py, and the choices that are in the game right now are just the result of me testing things out. I'm not really married to any of the choices currently in game, and I actually agree that on their own they feel too cheap.
I will implement a basic gameplay and progression mechanic in 0.3, and at that point I will add choices that make a small difference, including some for the intro that then carry over.
What you had in version 1 was great. There was no need to make the mundane things he did into choices. I was totally fine with no choices in the intro. It was doing what it was supposed to do: Be the intro; Tell us who the characters are and Explain the hook. Not: "press X to read a book." If there is only one option, or a set of option that don't matter in the order they are done, there shouldn't be options at all, just let them play out.

About Meaningless illusions of choice, I mean internal option that don't effect the story. Like the trio of options when the Aunt meets PC, or when he has to choose a punishment for the Cousin. If the action is just in the MC's head then it doesn't matter if there is a choice or not; and that should be cut from the game. it's a waste of everyone's time. Just write a one sentence thought and move on.

No one likes to be given options and have their options not matter, yes it is cheap and makes them feel worthless. The purpose of "Illusion of Choice" is we're not supposed to know the outcome we chose has no bearing on the story, we're supposed to believe it does.

Idk man ... I like your game, but you just need to fix your writing. I hope you understand I'm not trying to bash your game and I want this game to succeed.

Kitchentable

Aug 13, 2018
Hey smite2001, nice VN you got there. I really like it.

How many games we got where the MC is going to be corrupted?
I mean the aunt kinda convinced or pushed the MC to "punish" her daughter!

And proper english too.

And the character models look very nice. Look at that cutie:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The renders are good too.

What else to say? Folks give it a try!! And smite2001 keep it up!

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
I'm new to this type of game and have jumped into many over the last few weeks to try them out. Most have not been to my tastes for various reasons.

This game ticks so many boxes for me. Nina is adorable and beautiful. Ayleen is hot. The setup is enticing. I played the previous version which ended with the blanket over the head and already loved it. Replayed all the way through for this version even though it seems nothing changed except for the content after the blanket incident (I could have missed something subtle.) Loved it as much and then the added content was perfect. The fantasy where he spits on Nina satisfies a particular fetish of mine and is the hottest thing I've seen in any game so far.

I have a request if it is possible - can the dialogue box be made smaller, at least when there is minimal text? It covers a lot of the picture and usually does not need to be as large as it is.

If this is complicated then don't worry about it. It doesn't in any way ruin the game and when there is a picture I wish to see more of it is simple and quick to hide. But if it is easy enough it would make an already great game even better.

Edit: maybe a (partial but reasonable) solution is to allow the textbox to be completely transparent so only the words cover part of the image? I don't know if this would work - if the text color matches the image color too closely I imagine it would be difficult to read.

Last edited:
Reactions: R1k0 and smite2001

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
The models are great, and finally an mc that looks like an alpha. Seen waaaaay too many young boy mcs or ugly as fuck.

Keep goin strong dev you got something beautiful here.

Reactions: dmmt

FTWWTF

Oct 25, 2018
I have a request if it is possible - can the dialogue box be made smaller, at least when there is minimal text? It covers a lot of the picture and usually does not need to be as large as it is.
Press 'H' to hide the dialogue box in any renpy game. Just in case you didn't know!

Comrade Anulnyat

Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Dumb shit starts.
Whatever fucking madness I just played through... It was unexpected, refreshing and confusing(not, or..? Hmm, well, maybe..? Just a little bit).
I have to say, that this is the first game like that I've played. Did stumble upon something similar in all kinds of crazy ass manga, though.
Wanted to cringe a few times, but couldn't :unsure:.

I'm repeating myself like a fucking parrot every time I stumble upon something, that I find interesting, but here we go again...

Dumb shit ends.

Try to not burn out, listen, but also filter all that crap people post, block brain dead imbeciles, who simply are looking to insult you in any way and do your best to learn from somebody trying to critique your game, if there are solid points those people are making. Pretty obvious, but I think it's important.

What I am actually trying to say is that good luck with the project, I hope you will not lose motivation and spark(if there is any to begin with, otherwise go get it, tiger).
It's a good start in my opinion and I like what you've done so far.

Xyyy

Jun 12, 2020
Game looks promising. However, do we get the option to rename the mc in the beginning?

lyfsavor

Mar 31, 2020
Great game so far, just don't abandon it please. I like the reverse corruption angle too. Nice renders and animations, bring on the updates!!!

smite2001

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2017
Game looks promising. However, do we get the option to rename the mc in the beginning?
You should already have that option unless something went terribly wrong.

Like someone said, press H, or just middle mouse button. It hides the textbox. I will look into changing the textbox at some point though. I was thinking about pushing it more to the right and make portraits slightly larger, but I have not come to a decision on that front. I could then also change the size or the font while I'm at it. It's something for version 0.4 or 0.5 at the earliest.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Like someone said, press H, or just middle mouse button. It hides the textbox. I will look into changing the textbox at some point though. I was thinking about pushing it more to the right and make portraits slightly larger, but I have not come to a decision on that front. I could then also change the size or the font while I'm at it. It's something for version 0.4 or 0.5 at the earliest.
H for hiding works. I'm happy to wait for any potential change. Focusing on content and moving the game forward sounds like the right move and I wouldn't want to get in the way of that.

Thanks.

L3z1l3

Aug 19, 2018
Great game, keep up the good work.
I found a serious bug in the latest update though:

But seriously, I like those games where one or more of the female LI-s are just as or even more perverted than the MC and either act as a wingman for him or just egg him on to do more perverted stuff. In this case Ayleen is both gorgeous and a hardcore perv.
Nina is very cute but a bit too babyfaced for my taste. That makes her look way younger than 18. It would be nice if you could modify her a bit to look a bit older but still keep her cute and seemingly innocent looks.

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Great game. You mentioned your renders quality being bad, but I find them quite good. You do not need to see every pore on characters for a game to look good.

I like how innocent the younger girl looks with her puffy cheeks. Really great target for corruption, cannot wait for more! Keep up the good work.

Reactions: dmmt

Kitchentable

Aug 13, 2018

Haha. that sure cracks me up. That goes so against the usual tropes. You gotta like this VN.

Oh and smite, don't worry about the render quality, it is really decent.
Usually creators are their own worst critics.

4.70 star(s) 27 Votes