Jabbonk

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2022
Still loving everything you make!
Plus you're the only dev (i know of) that gives the community updates about the progress. Loving it!
No rushing things please but do you have an ETA on next update? 1-2 months?
Thank you!
I am the only dev and I can only work on the game in my spare time. Unfortunately, it's still too early to say for sure but I don't think I'll have the time to finish the chapter in the next 2 months. I'll certainly try, but life is busy and a homie still gotta work a day job :HideThePain:

NutellaOrgies

Mar 1, 2020
Did it just get banned on steam? :(

Damn, was excited to play it on there too

JoeAngel

Oct 16, 2020
Thank you!
I am the only dev and I can only work on the game in my spare time. Unfortunately, it's still too early to say for sure but I don't think I'll have the time to finish the chapter in the next 2 months. I'll certainly try, but life is busy and a homie still gotta work a day job :HideThePain:
Your Doing Great so I hope you don't leave it
Keep Up the Awesome work the story and Models both (y)(y)(y)
So Keep up Keep going

Jabbonk

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2022
Did it just get banned on steam? :(

Damn, was excited to play it on there too

Yup. Steam banned Homelander for alleged suggestive sexual content with "minors". I don't know what triggered my reviewer, I don't know if it was the Kaela scene, or the implication of future relationships with Abigail, or maybe they just saw Young Ariana in the prologue and said "NOPE" without giving it a chance. I'll never know...

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Yup. Steam banned Homelander for alleged suggestive sexual content with "minors". I don't know what triggered my reviewer, I don't know if it was the Kaela scene, or the implication of future relationships with Abigail, or maybe they just saw Young Ariana in the prologue and said "NOPE" without giving it a chance. I'll never know...
Sorry to hear that... but don't take it personally... the people that decide that kind of things for Steam are morons...

Look here...

Jabbonk

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2022
Sorry to hear that... but don't take it personally... the people that decide that kind of things for Steam are morons...

Look here...
So many games... It's a shame that at least half of those will likely never be finished now. Mind you, it looks like there are def some justified bans, based on the thumbnails and titles lmao

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
So many games... It's a shame that at least half of those will likely never be finished now. Mind you, it looks like there are def some justified bans, based on the thumbnails and titles lmao
Oh there are certainly justified bans... but not all of them... e.g. they banned MIST because they thought one of the LIs is underage... which she isn't.

Jabbonk

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2022
Oh there are certainly justified bans... but not all of them... e.g. they banned MIST because they thought one of the LIs is underage... which she isn't.
I understand the position Steam is in, they could easily fall from grace if there was ever any drama regarding underage content on their platform. But to drop a ban hammer with no explanations or appeals is just brutal. I feel like we should have a chance to appeal to a different reviewer, or we should be able to remove/alter that content and reapply.

I, for example, had a reviewer named 'Mary'. No judgments or gender shaming, but they were most likely not my target audience and might have a much stricter view on this type of adult content.

hysepReC

Feb 16, 2022
maybe they just saw Young Ariana in the prologue and said "NOPE" without giving it a chance.
It's probably this. MC and Ariana were both minors in the prologue IIRC. There wasn't any sexual content involving them before the timeskip but i think steam doesn't allow underaged characters at all in games like this.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Grelk

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
I, for example, had a reviewer named 'Mary'. No judgments or gender shaming, but they were most likely not my target audience and might have a much stricter view on this type of adult content.
of course! it's always her that bans games...

SumTingWong0420

Aug 30, 2018
Ik this is gonna sound like a cliche fan Boi thing to say but I Truly believe this: I know having your game featured on Steam would've blown up its ability to be 'seen' & losing that chance sucks. Even tho they won't be phased by booting your game I feel someone really missed out adding one more gem to their library. If every title they had was as amazing as this they'd be more popular.

Me: has 320+ Android ports on phone & currently have played thru about 50% of them, many of which are Amazing epic fantasy sagas with masterful narratives...if I could only keep 10 Homelander would still be there holding its place like
method-man-redman.gif
Don't let their bad decision discourage your vision brother!!

Deathcon1000

Jun 12, 2022
Another good game with nothing wrong with it being banned by steam. Why am I not surprised. And yeah, this Mary bitch has banned a few AVN's that I'm aware of now. It's like she looks at the renders, but not the context of the game. So yeah if this woman even saw a render of an "underage" girl even if in the game it was a flashback lets say, then it's instaban bullshit!! Sorry that you got caught up in this as so many other's have already.

Jabbonk

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2022
Thanks everyone! Appreciate you all and I'm going to keep working on the game with or without Steam. I'd say it's their loss, but let's be real, they make way too much money to care lmao

Maybe one day someone in the company will call Mary on some of her BS reviews and all the games she unjustly banned will get another chance. Not even slightly likely, but a homie can dream...

4.50 star(s) 76 Votes