Sharktopus13

Aug 3, 2021
On a side note, still chomping at the bit wondering what everyone else seems to know about MC, recognizing him, his origins or whatever.
Hoping someone accidentally says something out loud, instead of just thinking it so he can look at them all surprised Pikachu face... Huh?

Reactions: Jabbonk

jthunderk89

Dec 24, 2020
There's only been one update since launch (I held off launching the game until 0.02 so there would actually be some adult scenes), and unfortunately, it did take about 8 months for 0.03 because I'm the only developer working on the game (in my spare time). I realize it's a long time to wait, but I can't really do much about that as I still have to work a job to help pay the bills.

I've toyed with the idea of releasing the chapters in smaller updates, but I'm not sure if it would work for the kind of game I'm making. There would inevitably be updates that wouldn't contain any adult scenes, and I'm not sure how that would go over with players. Besides that, I'm personally not a fan of the smaller/more frequent updates method as I almost always feel like there isn't enough content to satisfy me.

For some reason, I always think of this analogy when thinking of my development strategy:
Would you rather have a small snack every hour, or a giant meal at the end of the day?
Do you want to get a little taste and always be hungry for more, or do tough it out and get a big satisfying meal when dinner finally arrives?
It's honestly kind of a dumb policy for someone relying on the patience and good nature of their supporters, but I feel like it's better for the players in the long run. I could be wrong, and I may change my mind in the future, but for now, it makes sense to me.

Also, 'No comment' for any speculation on future story arcs, but I'm trying to make every future relationship optional. Right now the only relationships that aren't optional are Olivia and Ariana.

Sorry for typing too much but hopefully this helped answer some of your questions.
As someone who's made of impatience and boredom, while there's initial disappointment, I'm actually happy when I hear a game's release is being delayed. I feel like when that happens, it's really indicating that care is being put into it.

Jabbonk

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2022
On a side note, still chomping at the bit wondering what everyone else seems to know about MC, recognizing him, his origins or whatever.
Hoping someone accidentally says something out loud, instead of just thinking it so he can look at them all surprised Pikachu face... Huh?
Oh, don't you worry! There are still some juicy surprises in store.

Sharktopus13

Aug 3, 2021
Oh, don't you worry! There are still some juicy surprises in store.
WOHOO! I love surprises almost as much as I hate cliffhangers "fuck you Alphas", but waiting multiple updates for answers gives me ulcers, I need easter eggs, hints, giant neon signs giving me answers......pretty please.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
It's good to see stuff happening finally in Chapter 3, and the plot's going interesting places. The Ari-as-cuckquean thing is a good setup for harem, and some of the new characters introduced in Chapter 3 are fun, but honestly, were I the dev, I'd put remastering or adding on to that first sex scene with MC and Ari at the absolute top of my priority list. It was monumentally disappointing as a 'loss of both their virginities' (I'd doubt her hymen's even broken) and the distaste after it made the first half of Chapter 3 harder to stomach as a result. I'm also not a fan of the massive balloon tits on almost all the girls and the tendency toward duck-lips on several girls (Selena and Ari most particularly). Just about the only girls who don't have massive flotation devices are the two halflings taulks, a huge slut (Kaela is very sexually-experienced despite being only barely older than the MC, and since her boyfriend left a shirt in her room, she was clearly fucking him not too long before the MC), and a girl pretty obviously fucking her sister.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Lest this all feel like criticism, I did have a few positive responses from Chapter 3. Despite her sluttiness, Kaela's sex scene was, bar none, the best in the game so far. Some of the other flirting was nice, too, and Cordelia is adorable despite her earth-shattering jugs. "Huge muscular girl who's actually really shy and innocent" is a fun trope, and it seems like that's where she's headed, except for the weirdly incongruous grin when the MC was watching her ass as she left. The technical descriptions of the mysticism spells were pretty cool, and made a lot of sense. Sabrina's 'date' was cute, too, even if she duck-faced a lot during it. Girl's gonna eventually have a stress-induced heart attack, though. How a person could remain that skittish and nervous about absolutely everything for her whole life is a mystery.

Jabbonk

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2022
a huge slut (Kaela is very sexually-experienced despite being only barely older than the MC, and since her boyfriend left a shirt in her room, she was clearly fucking him not too long before the MC)
A lot of people seem to think this. I personally don't see her as "a huge slut", nor was she really intended to be written that way. She says "The {i}\"Men\"{/i} in my life haven't exactly been shining examples for your gender..." but she then quickly follows by saying "And the only boyfriend I've ever had cheated on me!". I mean, yeah, she's had sex before and she's all over MC when she meets him, but I guess, in my mind at least, that was just because it was MC. I suppose I just haven't had a chance to delve deeper into her character yet. (No pun intended)

Hopefully, as more details about her character are revealed, you might see her in a different light. :)

honestly, were I the dev, I'd put remastering or adding on to that first sex scene with MC and Ari at the absolute top of my priority list. It was monumentally disappointing as a 'loss of both their virginities' (I'd doubt her hymen's even broken) and the distaste after it made the first half of Chapter 3 harder to stomach as a result.
This actually is one of my priorities for the next release. I've never been happy with that scene either and it's been bugging me for a looong time. If everything goes as planned with the chapter 4 release, you can look forward to additional and much more fulfilling footage for that scene.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
but she then quickly follows by saying "And the only boyfriend I've ever had cheated on me!".
Interesting, when I played it, it was "And every boyfriend I've ever had cheated on me!". Was this updated between 0.3 and 0.3b?
-Kaela's dialogue has been altered slightly.
Aha. Yes, it was. It's still kinda meh, though. No harem fan wants to hear about whether and how much an LI has had sex in the past (unless the number is "zero").

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
I would prefer it if previous boyfriends weren't even mentioned at all... I never liked it when girls give TMI...
I'm glad though that the MC - Ari scene rework is in the making... it's something that was not only bugging me but it completely ruined the whole scene for me...

Reactions: JustPeekin

Jabbonk

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2022
Interesting, when I played it, it was "And every boyfriend I've ever had cheated on me!". Was this updated between 0.3 and 0.3b?

Aha. Yes, it was. It's still kinda meh, though. No harem fan wants to hear about whether and how much an LI has had sex in the past (unless the number is "zero").
Yes, in 0.03b her perceived promiscuity was toned down a lot after some very impassioned complaints. I may have toned it down even more since, but it's hard to remember since I haven;t actually played through 0.03b since it was released

I would prefer it if previous boyfriends weren't even mentioned at all... I never liked it when girls give TMI...
I understand where you're coming from and on most days I would probably agree. But just assume that I'm doing it for a very specific reason. A reason that most people are probably going to be very happy about later.

Logan1377

Feb 13, 2023
Yes, in 0.03b her perceived promiscuity was toned down a lot after some very impassioned complaints. I may have toned it down even more since, but it's hard to remember since I haven;t actually played through 0.03b since it was released

I understand where you're coming from and on most days I would probably agree. But just assume that I'm doing it for a very specific reason. A reason that most people are probably going to be very happy about later.
Aww, thats too bad. I really like the idea of some of the sex partners in any game being promiscious and flirty, if not outright slutty. I've always had a hard time wrapping my head around why that's such a big deal for so many people. This is all for fun and fantasy, its not real.

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
Aww, thats too bad. I really like the idea of some of the sex partners in any game being promiscious and flirty, if not outright slutty. I've always had a hard time wrapping my head around why that's such a big deal for so many people. This is all for fun and fantasy, its not real.
As with every argument on here; it all depends on the context. For a narrative in which the MC has a pre-defined main LI (i.e. current or future spouse), then learning that they had a sexual history with someone else before you is beyond frustrating (at least to me).

For every other harem style narrative out there, I see zero issue if one of the potential LI's or side characters has a sexual history. The allure of harem stories to begin with is picking and choosing which gals you like to add to your harem, even the promiscuous ones.

Jabbonk - You're not officially an author until you come across fans suggesting you rewrite aspects of your story! In all seriousness, it's difficult to find the right balance between implementing feedback from fans and writing the story you want to tell, but so far you've done great.

It's still too early for me to give a fair criticism of your work, but if the next release ramps up plot progression I can most likely gauge the rest. The only critique I have for the current release is how much of the world building is done through lore dumping despite being implemented in a bit of a clever way (*cough* history class *cough*). To be fair, BioWare kinda pioneered lore dumping through their Codex, and they had some of the best writers in the industry, so maybe I'm just being unfair lol.

Anyways, best of luck with the next update!

JonTommy

Apr 9, 2021

I would've been happy if she was a virgin and mentioned her last boyfriend was a dickhead who cheated on her and she found out before giving herself to him :rolleyes:

Jabbonk

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2022
It's still too early for me to give a fair criticism of your work, but if the next release ramps up plot progression I can most likely gauge the rest. The only critique I have for the current release is how much of the world building is done through lore dumping despite being implemented in a bit of a clever way (*cough* history class *cough*). To be fair, BioWare kinda pioneered lore dumping through their Codex, and they had some of the best writers in the industry, so maybe I'm just being unfair lol.

Anyways, best of luck with the next update!
You're right. Personally, I hate lore dumping. I've addressed this before in various places, but a repeat may be in order.

The lore is going to be drip-fed throughout the story, but I wanted a place for players to review early game lore (which will be available in the menu eventually) and to give them a bit of a preview of what the game will have to offer. The available lore in Abigail's class still only scratches the surface, but that won't be clear until more chapters have been released. The next update will include a disclaimer in that section to clarify this lol.

Also, thank you! I appreciate the kind words :)

Reactions: slick97

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
You're right. Personally, I hate lore dumping. I've addressed this before in various places, but a repeat may be in order.

The lore is going to be drip-fed throughout the story, but I wanted a place for players to review early game lore (which will be available in the menu eventually) and to give them a bit of a preview of what the game will have to offer. The available lore in Abigail's class still only scratches the surface, but that won't be clear until more chapters have been released. The next update will include a disclaimer in that section to clarify this lol.

Also, thank you! I appreciate the kind words :)
I think the implementation of Abigail's class is fine for players that want to have an edge going into the world. The reason the Codex worked so well in the ME Trilogy is due to the fact that you could better understand aspects of the story that occurred without the BioWare needing to sacrifice realism to explain. It's only in traditional novels where lore dumping is an issue as the context for the story is lost almost immediately when the author spends 50 - 100 pages explaining why the emperor's toilet is gold.

The advantage of a Visual Novel is a blending of the traditional method of storytelling and the interactivity provided by a video game. You don't necessarily need to spend time describing the world in detail because you can just as easily convey the same 1000 words in a few images. However, you can still implement that 1000 word description of the world through a codex to provide additional context alongside a refresher on the world as well since it serves as an option rather than being a requirement. My jab at BioWare's Codex is mostly due to their complete lack of explanation for key story elements that they relegated to a codex entry or comic rather than taking the time to properly discuss changes to the world with gameplay.

My critique was a bit of a low blow towards you anyways given how extensive the world you're creating is. I'd be genuinely surprised if we've even completed a quarter of the first act, which ties into why I think it's unfair to provide a critical review of what you've released so far. Also, I'm genuinely at a loss for what the second plot point and climax are going to be given that the story focuses heavily on the first plot point and some on the midpoint. It could also just be that I'm the only blind one here, but hopefully it's not actually that embarrassing for me!

4.50 star(s) 76 Votes