RewindWorld

Jan 27, 2020
Good damn.... another game on 9 month cycles. At this point... who cares about story. I forgot it anyway :ROFLMAO: While i think this is one of the good devs but seriously, they all seem to be milking it nowadays. Stupid patreon model...
I don't know man... I'd take Patreon/Subscribe star monthly model over Kickstarter "get robbed 100% on day one" model anyday. With monthly sub model at least you can quit any day and still walk away with whatever content you got up to that point.

True but some specific individuals on this forum has made a career out of making posts like that. They make baseless assumptions and get pissy when people disagrees with them.
To be fair there are in fact devs who are milking their userbase so some suspicion is justified.
Let's be honest here. Most of us don't know each other. We're all over the world and just communicate over internet. It's very easy to abuse trust in this situation. Especially since there seem to be a fair number of rather naive people playing games who are easily taken advantage of. I've seen this even outside VN scene. Gamers complaining about some crap company is doing and then buying the game anyway. Maybe it has more to do with addiction than being naive.

Anyway, while I do tend to trust this particular dev so far, there are definitely a few milkers around here I can think of.

These days I make it a point to login to Patreon/Subscribestar at least once a month and review what all the devs are doing. If there is anything suspicious going on, I'm out.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
I don't know man... I'd take Patreon/Subscribe star monthly model over Kickstarter "get robbed 100% on day one" model anyday. With monthly sub model at least you can quit any day and still walk away with whatever content you got up to that point.

To be fair there are in fact devs who are milking their userbase so some suspicion is justified.
Let's be honest here. Most of us don't know each other. We're all over the world and just communicate over internet. It's very easy to abuse trust in this situation. Especially since there seem to be a fair number of rather naive people playing games who are easily taken advantage of. I've seen this even outside VN scene. Gamers complaining about some crap company is doing and then buying the game anyway. Maybe it has more to do with addiction than being naive.

Anyway, while I do tend to trust this particular dev so far, there are definitely a few milkers around here I can think of.

These days I make it a point to login to Patreon/Subscribestar at least once a month and review what all the devs are doing. If there is anything suspicious going on, I'm out.
Never said there aren't bad Dev's out there, some definitely are. What I have a problem with is people jumping to that conclusion based on their own faulty assumptions for the slightest hickup from a dev.

Jabbonk

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2022
progress chpt4 week 35.jpg Hey, Homies!

is a little long, so...

TL;DR
-Scene 2 is basically done
-Scene 3 is gonna be a big ol' bitch cause coding sucks
-Scene 1 will be finished after 3 so I can try to start testing my sucky coding ASAP

Damn, maybe I need to do my actual reports like this instead of wasting 30 minutes typing everything out :HideThePain:

Much love!
JB

Jabbonk

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2022
progress chpt4 week 37.jpg Hey, homies!

is wordy so I'll condense it for those who don't want to read it all.

TL;DR
-I cut a significant portion of Scene 3 and I only have a few smaller sections to take care of.
-Animations take too f'n long and it reeaally sucks when you notice mistakes after the rendering
-Script, script, script!
-also GPU might be dyin'

Much love!
JB

Last edited:

Jabbonk

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2022
progress chpt4 week 38.jpg

Hey, Homies!

Here's the weekly report.
And here's the TL;DR

-I added the scene I cut last week back into the game cause I'm dumb and didn't think about what it led into
-I found some renders that I missed putting in the main folder (hence the green numbers)
-I scripted a lot (for me anyway...)

I think that's it...
Much love!
JB

Spider-Venom

Mar 26, 2023
Me: ''alright! I didn't wanna have to do this but you leave me no choice. as your prince, I hereby order you to stay the night!''

Jabbonk

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2022
progress chpt4 week 40.jpg

Hey homies!

Here's , but I typed a ton again so...

TL;DR
-Technical issues fixed
-Worked on a small addition to a Chapter 2 scene before my technical issues were solved
-Nearly finished with scene 3, just need to do the animations
-Big news from this post was:
-I will PROBABLY release this chapter in 2 parts. IF I DO, then I HOPE Part 1 will be ready by December)

Much love!
JB

Jabbonk

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2022
progress chpt4 week 41.jpg

Hey Homies,

Another busy week but here's .

TL;DR
-Had another busy week
-I have 3-4 animations left in scene 3 (maybe more if I want to increase scene quality)
-Honestly, unless you're a Patreon then you won't care about anything else in the post lol

That's it!
Much love!
JB

Sep 12, 2023
Good damn.... another game on 9 month cycles. At this point... who cares about story. I forgot it anyway :ROFLMAO: While i think this is one of the good devs but seriously, they all seem to be milking it nowadays. Stupid patreon model...
This is why I simply got tired of ending up paying $300 for an AVN (assuming it's even completed in 5 years at $5/mo, more often than not it just gets abandoned before that and you end up ripped off) and went back to the old school way: just wait until it's completed and pay $10-50 once if I like it (depending on length, to me $1 per hour of reading/fapping is fair). Impatient early adopters are always the ones to get screwed with new tech purchases (eg: I didn't even bother with a smartphone until 2015, owned 3 in the past 8 years, all used, only a moron pays $1000 for a new/sealed phone full of Day 1 bugs and losing half it's value from the moment you open it every 6 months), AVNs and games are not much different.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 76 Votes