Game Developer
Apr 10, 2022
progress chpt4 week 42.jpg

Hey Homies,
Here's and here's the TL;DR

-4-5 anis left for Scene 3
-3-4 anis left for Scene 1
-Scene 5 is shortest of the first half so no stress there
-December release for the first half of chapter 4 is looking good but still not for sure.

Much love!
JB

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
View attachment 3011938

Hey Homies,
Here's and here's the TL;DR

-4-5 anis left for Scene 3
-3-4 anis left for Scene 1
-Scene 5 is shortest of the first half so no stress there
-December release for the first half of chapter 4 is looking good but still not for sure.

Much love!
JB
Am I seeing this right? You've written 20k+ lines of code so far for a single update?

Jabbonk

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2022
Am I seeing this right? You've written 20k+ lines of code so far for a single update?
Yup. Although, that number will be cut in half if I release the chapter in two parts. Also, to be fair, my coding is condensed but I space out my dialogue to leave room for notes and edits, so it's probably not nearly as impressive as it seems.

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
Yup. Although, that number will be cut in half if I release the chapter in two parts. Also, to be fair, my coding is condensed but I space out my dialogue to leave room for notes and edits, so it's probably not nearly as impressive as it seems.
That's still impressive even if it's 10k or less lines of actual code.

Jabbonk

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2022
i only hope this update willl come with more than just 1000 renders......almost a year waiting.....seems pretty normal this days...sad
Unfortunately, it is pretty normal, but it's mostly because the majority of devs, myself included, still have to work regular 9-5 jobs in order to pay our bills. I don't know how much more I can work without completely burning myself out and saying fuck it to everything lol. I promise that I'm trying my best, and I hope chapter 4 will be worth the wait.

I haven't downloaded the game yet. Is there a wt mode in the game? I'll download it accordingly.
Essentially, I'm making the game so that there are no wrong answers. Relationship prompts are very clear and usually labeled so that you won't ever lock yourself out of a relationship with some random decision you made 2h prior (Perhaps with the exception of choosing the 'Straight' vs. 'Variety' game options, as eventually there will likely be LGBT characters that the Straight players will not be romantically prompted for). The other choices will offer varying dialogue and sometimes different scenes entirely, but none of them are wrong choices. At the end of the day, I'm just trying to tell a story, and I don't want people to be distracted from it by wondering how to navigate the decisions properly to get the best/worst outcome.

KnuckleDragger79

Sep 4, 2020
i only hope this update willl come with more than just 1000 renders......almost a year waiting.....seems pretty normal this days...sad
YOU work a 9-5 job, deal with life's bullshit, worry about bills getting paid, and then on top of that, work on a time-intensive VN and see how YOU feel at the end of the day.

FUCK people are ungrateful for even free shit now-a-days.....

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Think before you post... :FacePalm:
If that was even remotely possible I wouldn't have sat here shedding tears over the near extinction of common sense for the past couple of years.

I personally blame bright coloured hair dye, scissors and TikTok.

The more idiots with brightly coloured and short hair post on TikTok the dumber people seem to get.

Proof - Common sense existed before the rise of TikTok and social justice and now it doesn't.

Ergo TikTok and SJW's killed common sense ........ True story.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
If that was even remotely possible I wouldn't have sat here shedding tears over the near extinction of common sense for the past couple of years.

I personally blame bright coloured hair dye, scissors and TikTok.

The more idiots with brightly coloured and short hair post on TikTok the dumber people seem to get.

Proof - Common sense existed before the rise of TikTok and social justice and now it doesn't.

Ergo TikTok and SJW's killed common sense ........ True story.
If it wasn't for the hidden /s I would have to tell you that old adage of "Causation etc......".

Anyway, people are stupid, humanity is awesome.

Peace :)

shamtiiomi

May 1, 2021
Unfortunately, it is pretty normal, but it's mostly because the majority of devs, myself included, still have to work regular 9-5 jobs in order to pay our bills. I don't know how much more I can work without completely burning myself out and saying fuck it to everything lol. I promise that I'm trying my best, and I hope chapter 4 will be worth the wait.

Essentially, I'm making the game so that there are no wrong answers. Relationship prompts are very clear and usually labeled so that you won't ever lock yourself out of a relationship with some random decision you made 2h prior (Perhaps with the exception of choosing the 'Straight' vs. 'Variety' game options, as eventually there will likely be LGBT characters that the Straight players will not be romantically prompted for). The other choices will offer varying dialogue and sometimes different scenes entirely, but none of them are wrong choices. At the end of the day, I'm just trying to tell a story, and I don't want people to be distracted from it by wondering how to navigate the decisions properly to get the best/worst outcome.
iam sorry bro ,i wasnt tryng to trash your work or anything ,im only being observant and sincerely im only join patron's devs who are at least finished 2 or 3 games before,not bcs i dont believe in you or others but sadly after a couples of burnots with devs i prefer to wait ,i know is not your fault and like many otjers you are just a victim of others greeds and bad brhavior's

Reactions: Jabbonk

Jabbonk

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2022
iam sorry bro ,i wasnt tryng to trash your work or anything ,im only being observant and sincerely im only join patron's devs who are at least finished 2 or 3 games before,not bcs i dont believe in you or others but sadly after a couples of burnots with devs i prefer to wait ,i know is not your fault and like many otjers you are just a victim of others greeds and bad brhavior's
You're fine, homie! I wasn't mad or anything, and I honestly understand where you're coming from. I'm a fan of a lot of projects here too and even knowing first-hand how hard a lot of devs have to work, I still get a lot of similar feelings as you expressed.

It's all water under the bridge!

Jabbonk

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2022
progress chpt4 week 44.jpg

Hey Homies,

Here's
TL;DR
-I've been a little under the weather this past week so work was a little slow
-However, Scene 1 was much farther along than I suspected
-a December release for the first half of the chapter is looking Very Good!

That's all folks!
Much love!
JB

4.50 star(s) 76 Votes